PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 21:19:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR doubles subs?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR doubles subs?  (Read 47850 times)
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR doubles subs?
« Reply #105 on: 2008 March 14, 21:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lmfao how funny. Who did that?

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 March 14, 22:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know who paddywak is, other than he/she is obviously a genius.   Cheesy

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2008 March 14, 22:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like one of our lot, but is anyone going to admit to it? Even if it wasn't, awesome post!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008 March 14, 22:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That comment reminds me of the joke about 3 miser types who walked everywhere.  They complained to the taxi company for lowering their fares, instead of saving £5 they were only saving $4.50.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 March 14, 22:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do wonder though, how long before Thoma$$ delets that particular post. He seems to favour deleting posts that don't tow the party line.
I still would really like to now how many people will really not subscribe any more. I know from a business perspective, this move makes sense, after all TSR is more about the mighty $ than anything else, but to dick around with your subscruber base is way beyond stupid. Methinks Thoma$$ is thinking with the wrong head yet again.

ETA--I need to proof read more often  Shocked

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Sims2lvr
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 March 15, 05:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hear ya but I would really like it if TSR's ship sink in the fucking ocean...lol.  I can't wait to see this happen but it probably doesn't happen for a while...I wonder how will they fan out with the arrival of TheSims3...only time will tell....

S2L
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008 March 15, 14:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also find it funny--in a cynical kind of way, of course--that Thomas is hinting at some big bennie for ex-subscribers that will make up for the pain of a price increase.  What do you suppose that will be?

*More recols in green shades by Atwa?

*The return of Buntah?

*Carla Niven becomes Featured Artist?

*Yet more walls and floors imprinted with Disney characters?

*A "free" month after you've subscribed for 10 years?

*Girly pics of all the mods and owners (including Thomas)?

Roll Eyes Grin

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008 March 15, 15:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

paddywak should be our official Flavor of the Month. That comment was hilarious (and true).

And thanks for posting the screen shot, Sherrie. There is something about seeing a statement like that on TSR that just makes this all worthwhile.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 2008 March 15, 15:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was full of win!  As a sidenote, I thought that whole Kudos thing only works if you are waaaay to active in the TSR community.  Like, thanking stuff, logging in, talking, posting, doing challenges, and I'm pretty sure the big one comes from Uploading Stuff, right? 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 March 15, 15:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe I let this slip by the first time.

Quote from: Thomas/TSR
In a very near future we are launching something I'm sure you as previous subscriber will appreciate. Stay tuned.

Hmmm, could it be....

A. By popular demand! Atwat's fat ass out of a cannon!
B. Our new "Balloon" Pricing Policy! Watch in amazement as our prices go up and up and up!
C. An all out attack on good taste! We've only been warming up until now!
D. Lifeboats! Cause this ship be sinkin!
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: 2008 March 15, 16:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG AH! Subber!
*hides behind snarky*
 Cheesy

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2008 March 15, 18:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Money back? From TSR??? Hahahahahaha!!!  I don't think so. Seriously, when you won't even tell for sure what the prices are, charge astronomical rates for poo, and then poo on your customer base, I doubt they'll give you back your money. 

I thought that was the point of the Kudos... maybe I don't understand.  You (Squooshy) said something about the kudos sets being there to download after you paid for a sub.  Isn't that the point of the Kudos?  So you can save them up and have like a day where you can download like you have a sub?  I don't so much go to TSR.. so I don't really understand how that place works.  Back in the day, it's been awhile now, I had that thing for the challenges, cause I thought it looked interesting.  Of course, this is when I heard people talking about doing challenges, googled it, and came up with the TSR challenge downloader thingee.  Didn't know most challenges you kept score yourself, lol. 

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008 March 15, 22:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's how they work, chemistrycourtney, it didn't change at all. Even without a paying sub you just add kudos for years - as they keep raising the 'prices' in the exchange feature - and you'll exchange them for a free download spree day (managing to avoid weekends because of the lag ^^). It never changed, only the prices for the exchange rate changed.

You get kudos for basically eveything, logging in, commenting a pic, thanking for an item, uploading a pic etc... But the number of kudos gained everyday from all these ways is limited. Can't remember, maybe 50 kudos maximum per day for thanking for an item for exemple. Peggy with her fidelity points didn't invent anything Grin

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2008 March 16, 03:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i see.  so for between 2500 and 3500 kudos you can have a window set (with curtains  Shocked ) or a livingroom set, or a set of clocks.  that seems kind of pricey for some clocks and windows and couches. 

You're saying though that those are only supposed to be accessible through a kudos purchase, but you got a sub, and tada, you could download the kudos only items? 

**edit** NM: I see in your post up there that you were saying the super sekrit kudo items were in the booty, not part of the sub... but still... stupid TSR with its moar money and stupid kudos... 

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 March 16, 13:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you guys seen this yet?

After recently changing our pricing policy into Euros and listening to member feedback, we have decided to offer a 30% discount on subscriptions for returning subscribers to welcome them back to TSR. If you would like to take up the offer then head over to the subscriptions page which should recognise you and show your discounted price (Offer valid until the end of April). Current subscribers can also take advantage of this offer by topping up their existing days. Just our way of thanking our customers for their continued support :-)

Oh lol!

Quick translation - after bumping up our prices to get moar money, less people subscribed so we are now offering a snazzy deal to lure previous subscribers back, oh money!  Roll Eyes

And the comments are really really amusing -

On Mar 16, 2008 milla184 wrote:
I'll never subscribe   

On Mar 16, 2008 +Deep_sin+ wrote:
I'll never subsribe, too =)

On Mar 16, 2008 thekewlestnerd wrote:
Well, I doubt many people will be renewing after all the stuff going on. Especially if the previous comments are any indication...

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: