PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 09:02:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Two Questions : New Site?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two Questions : New Site?  (Read 17393 times)
Taliesin
Landlubber

View Profile
Two Questions : New Site?
« Reply #45 on: 2007 July 09, 11:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe Feverish meant the little tiny black bar between your post's and your signature?
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 July 09, 12:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um...hmm...
Parts of the forum were black last night.
Well, that's what it looked like.
But now it seems black bars go...poof!
Weird.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2007 July 09, 14:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"
When I saw that post I got it.
By illegal homosexual Mexicans you mean Jockstrap Jack? Because he's not Mexican. He's from Asia I believe. I can't remember the exact country at the moment.

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"

/BTG faints.

Good lord honey, bless your little heart... of course y'all  is a word.  :wink:  :lol:  :wink:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/y'all (the damned apostrophe is just throwing the whole URL off)

Well I'll be damned. It is. :scratches head: Ain't still ain't a word, ain't it?

Yes, sweets it is a word (none standard and not "proper" English, but still. LOL)...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ain't

So now, please feel free to use ain't and y'all to your hearts content. LMAO  :lol:

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2007 July 09, 15:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Y'all" is the missing second person plural. "All y'all" is the second person plural with emphasis.

On topic: We aer currently looking at Simphany - a difficult site to navigate, but surprisingly not too expensive (three dollars American for unilimited access).

Anyone feel like subbing? Please contact Gwendolyne!

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
Re: i dont get it
« Reply #49 on: 2007 July 09, 15:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "middnight"
 why does everyone bash paysites and have johnny depp logos they are wanna bees Id like to see you people invest 1 hr per outfit and see how you feel. I think most of you yap[ping must have nothing else in life to do. Time is money. I have no problem paying for talentg. All most of you idiot do is post links at that. So put your hard labor up for free where your mouths are.
To boot I bet most of yall are democrates faggot loving let the mexicans in idiots. This is America free interprise your so stuck on yourselfs and the all mighty buck its sick, I have seen designers come up with as many free down loads as member downloads. I agree some are outrageious but lord  some just want to reinvest in material to bring you the newest bestest stuff.
Even if you get your way and these talented people cant charge for their time what will you idiots talk about then?
The ressiance fairs lmao  GET A LIFE GET  JOB AND TEACH YOUR CHILDREN . If you have all this time to bicker then you must be a lost cause. ( I work from home and from the puter ran across this site and Im appauled at all this bashing.

Translation:

Sometimes, when I'm alone at night, I twiddle with me ballsack and laugh at the tinglies I get *giggle*

What the fuck is a " ressiance fairs "?

Oh and Hecebus... I dont know .. kinda looks like some shit  you can get from MTS2, I clicked "member downloads" and didnt see shit.  Maybe its just me.
arina
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 July 09, 15:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"

Yes, sweets it is a word (none standard and not "proper" English, but still. LOL)...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ain't

So now, please feel free to use ain't and y'all to your hearts content. LMAO  :lol:

Ain't is sort of 'proper English', but only when you say 'I ain't'.

[And I just actually read the link, and it says that there ;_;]

I'll say it regardless, though. But not y'all - I can't get it to sound right in an English accent Tongue
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2007 July 09, 17:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cause it doesn't. It's more of a southern USA thing. It doesn't even sound right when people from up north say it. Sounds to proper. You have to say it country.

Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2007 July 09, 17:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
You have to say it country.

Hey now, I resemble that remark. LMAO :lol:

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2007 July 09, 17:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pft. I'm from Tennessee. Next to Kentucky we ARE the DEFINITION of country  :lol: (And maybe West VA)

chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2007 July 09, 17:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pft. I'm from Tennessee. Next to Kentucky we ARE the DEFINITION of country  :lol: (And maybe West VA)

I'm from regular virginia, instead of West Virginia, and get giggled at for saying hunting and fishing, instead of "huntin' and fishin'."

I also didn't really know what "rootin', diggin', muddin', "etc. were until I moved to Rural virginia.  Here in Richmond, everything is paved.  Beyond that, I'm often told I sound like I'm from the Midwest, which is total nonsense.  I say y'all.  I don't say ain't, though.  I do say "yonder" though.  That's a good one.  "I put the lawn mower over yonder."  And I call snow hats toboggans.  And I've been known to call denim jeans Dungarees.

**edited, because I spelled the word "sound" with an "L".

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 July 09, 17:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Nobody but my grandmother has EVER said yonder to me.
2. What the hell is rootin', diggin', muddin? sounds like somebody wants to go four wheelin'.  :wink:
3. Ain't is my 2nd favorite word. Y'all bein' the first.
4. I call them toboggans. Who calls them snow hats? That's too much to say.
5. I've never heard of the word "Dungarees." I call them "jeans" or "pants."

:shock:

chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2007 July 09, 17:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Nobody but my grandmother has EVER said yonder to me.
2. What the hell is rootin', diggin', muddin? sounds like somebody wants to go four wheelin'.  :wink:
3. Ain't is my 2nd favorite word. Y'all bein' the first.
4. I call them toboggans. Who calls them snow hats? That's too much to say.
5. I've never heard of the word "Dungarees." I call them "jeans" or "pants."

:shock:

1. Ok, yonder may very well be a grandmother-ism I picked up.  (From my Meme.)  
2. Yeah, like 4 wheelin' only in a truck.  It was described to me as driving around in a giant mud pit, also known as "mud boggin'"  and you drive around in your truck in the mud pit, only it's way more fun than they can describe.   :?
3. I don't think anyone calls them snow hats.  I know I did, but that was for descriptive fashion.  Skull caps?  Knitted hat?  I just haven't ever met anyone else that calls them tobaggans.  Most people think of a type of sled when I say that.  
4. yeah.  dungarees.  they're jeans.  now you know.  Pants to me are "slacks."

RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2007 July 09, 18:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate that word. Slacks. My dad says that. I just call them dress pants...

chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 July 09, 18:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my dad says "dockers" which is amusing to me, since he doesn't actually own any dockers.  

Slacks is a slightly irritating word.  It doesn't settle right in the ear.  Don't know why I use it, since it bothers me.  Oh well.  Old habits die hard I guess.

Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2007 July 09, 19:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I grew up in Virginia. "Y'all" is second nature to me. What's really weird is when you go to other parts of the country and hear their counterpart to "Y'all". In Pennsylvania they say "You'inz", prounounced "yoounz". They made fun of me and my "y'all" yet they come up with that! ROFL

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: