PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 03:48:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Helga's site is gone...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Helga's site is gone...  (Read 9074 times)
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 29, 09:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quorneater"
At this rate it will end up that players only have two places to get downloads:  TSR and PMBD.

You meant to put PAY in there as the second last word, didn't you Inge?

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 29, 09:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure...  I am beginning to see TSR as a black hole that will eventually get ALL the CC, indiscriminately - making it all eventual prey for the booty.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
silver
ARR!

View Profile
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 29, 09:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sooo ... I guess it's download now while you can, or wait for the booty.

Personally, I wasn't quite "into" her hairstyles, but I DID save Hair 9. I actually had used it for a little while, deleted it, and put it on a "Maybe" disk in case I was thinking of using it again later. If for some reason, she doesn't re-upload it, I uploaded it on Rapidshare, though it's probably better to wait before downloading it, and see if she DOES upload it on TSR. It's the loose ponytail that's tied back with the scarf.

http://rapidshare.com/files/40007088/helgahair09.rar

If her stuff goes pay, it probably doesn't hurt to start rar-ing files, anyway. Smiley That's the only one of hers I have, though. I downloaded another hair, but it had the dreaded gap problem.

That is still ANOTHER creator who took his or her toys and went home in the last month. I saw another one on MTS2, CrimsonShadowss, did about a week or so ago, and left a very angry note in her profile as she slammed the door. Damn, it's frustrating when people do that.

http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=651968
mando
ARR!

View Profile
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 29, 09:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "silver"

That is still ANOTHER creator who took his or her toys and went home in the last month. I saw another one on MTS2, CrimsonShadowss, did about a week or so ago, and left a very angry note in her profile as she slammed the door. Damn, it's frustrating when people do that.

Just read it, and it sounds more like she realized that fucking around making Sims stuff was not going to get her into art school (and she is right about that). It was a "take her toys and go home" type thing, but she sounded like she was more mad at herself than others (although she did mention "ungreatful" people).

I wouldn't know if she's any good or not because I've never downloaded any of her stuff, but if she's flunking out and has realized that getting into college or uni with a 2.0 GPA is border line impossible then she's probably better off quitting making Sims 2 CC.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 29, 10:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got some of her stuff in my game, it's really nice. I hope S2G collects it all.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 29, 10:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recognize her avatar, I know I've seen her downloads around but I can't for the life of me remember what exactly she's made. I might even have something of hers in my game... did she make streaked hair recolors, by any chance? :?

If the Sims 2 is interrupting reality, then quitting is a very wise choice. Unfortunately the Sims 2 doesn't give out paychecks so screwing yourself over by concentrating on it instead of school or work is just silly. Tongue What I don't understand is why she had to remove all her uploads. I do understand not wanting to have to support them anymore, but couldn't she not support them without wiping them off the site? I've seen plenty of creators do it. Or not do it, take your pick on which one makes more sense. :lol:

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 29, 10:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know Tegan..and spoke to her about it. She hasnt really left the Sims, and might/will be returning with her own site sometime. She basicly got fed up with MTS2...loads of PMs requesting things, and it was stuff that she didnt really like...and when you have to make things that you dont like it gets boring and just no fun.

She just got down about everything...and yeah, she was under pressure from school as well. Which made her even lower...and then grades slip, and you get more depressed, and etc.

So she will be returning with her toys...just not on MTS2  :wink: Which is fair enough!

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 29, 11:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am quite ambivalent about uploading to MTS2 and the two sides are for the same reason!  It's good that they have quality control and uploading rules cos the downloads are better and easier to find, and it's bad that they have uploading rules because last time I uploaded anything I had to edit the post loads of times because I kept forgetting some detail  :?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 29, 14:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"

I know Tegan..and spoke to her about it. She hasnt really left the Sims, and might/will be returning with her own site sometime. She basicly got fed up with MTS2...loads of PMs requesting things, and it was stuff that she didnt really like...and when you have to make things that you dont like it gets boring and just no fun.

She just got down about everything...and yeah, she was under pressure from school as well. Which made her even lower...and then grades slip, and you get more depressed, and etc.

So she will be returning with her toys...just not on MTS2  :wink: Which is fair enough!

It's good to know she isn't completely disappearing I've talked to her a couple of times in pm's when she asked me something and she came off as nice enough. It's a shame she deleted everything rather than just adding a no support disclaimer, but peoples reactions to situations vary.

And if it the game starts to affect RL it's much better to step back from the community. Though it might also have been a good idea to tell people no requests.

I think she still has some stuff up on the site she has with FluffyParanoia:
http://doomkitty.moonfruit.com/

And when I noticed she'd pulled her stuff I put  her Nouk lolita hair alpha edits up at SFV hopefully other people have the rest of her stuff and will share.
silver
ARR!

View Profile
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 29, 14:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I should have been a bit more understanding. I wish her good luck in her studies.

Maybe the rule here might keep artists more sane on MTS2 and other sites, and SHOULD be a rule elsewhere, too ... NO REQUESTS. If a site or artist is in a good mood, it can have a general request forum, where the requests may or may not be attempted . But any PMs or requests not in the forum will not be accommodated. Period.

Just wondering ... are creators on MTS2 required to constantly log in and try to update their downloads, or play nanny with people who don't know what "I don't have Pets so I can't tell you if it's compatible" means? Or can all artists eventually do an Atavera, which, IMO, seems the most diplomatic way to handle things? The downloads are on there, do what you like with them, but they won't be supported after a period of time, and if your neighborhood goes up in a puff of green smoke, it's your fault? Or is that frowned upon greatly?
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 29, 14:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's quite understandable. And I should have been a bit more understanding. I wish her good luck in her studies.

Perhaps the rule here might keep artists more sane on MTS2 and other sites may be a sane rule elsewhere, too ... NO REQUESTS. If a site is in a good mood, it can have a general request forum. But any PMs or requests not in the forum will not be accommodated. Period.

Just wondering ... are creators on MTS2 required to constantly log in and try to update their downloads or play nanny with people who don't know what "I don't have Pets so I can't tell you if it's compatible" means? Or can all artists eventually do an Atavera, which, IMO, seems the most diplomatic way to handle things? The downloads are on there, do what you like with them, but they won't be supported after a period of time, and if your neighborhood goes up in a puff of green smoke, it's your fault?

If you haven't logged in for a certain amount of time (I'm not sure how long) a blue box will appear above your downloads basically saying that this creator hasn't logged in for ages so please assume this stuff is unsupported.

As a creator you're not required to nanny people, however it doesn't mean that you won't get pm's from people asking you how to install things even when you point to the FAQ, clean installer and the help section from the download they're asking about. Depending on my mood and the tone of the pm they've sent I'll sometimes help.:twisted:

If we say no requests on our profiles and we still get them we're allowed to report them to the mods for a smack down or we can just ignore them.

You're not required to update your downloads which in some ways is a pity as there are some hair edits and outfits done with an unpatched version of Pets which I would love to see being fixed so everyone can use them.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 29, 15:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really understand taking away your files from there if you just decided you aren't going to create and aren't going to help with them. You aren't required to help people who have problems with your uploads. Just leave them. People can still download them. If they want to whine and complain and send PMs because they can't open the package file (idiots) they can go right ahead. You aren't checking it anyways.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 30, 09:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kariminger - Lol Tegan is too nice to do that.  She's a such a nice person, and the pressure of school and MTS2 just got to her. She needs a break from things, and then hopefully she will be as right as rain again. I hope everything starts to get better for her  Smiley

Eta: and yeah...requests >.< I have written on my profile and in my sig that I dont take requests and I still get some..in fact I have just logged into MTS2 now and I have one.  :roll:

Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 30, 10:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eta: and yeah...requests >.< I have written on my profile and in my sig that I dont take requests and I still get some..in fact I have just logged into MTS2 now and I have one.  :roll:

Me too! Wasn't for the memebers of the All American Rejects was it?
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Helga's site is gone...
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 30, 12:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Minolia"

Me too! Wasn't for the memebers of the All American Rejects was it?

No it wasnt actually...but it was for a member of a different band!  :lol: I just tell them that I dont do requests and give links to creators who do, or sites that have request forums...cant really do much else =/

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: