PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 04:28:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Simsweb pl.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simsweb pl.  (Read 23564 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #75 on: 2007 September 10, 19:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fire. Fire takes care of all of them. Fire when fighting the undead is your friend. Fire.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #76 on: 2007 September 10, 19:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Paden"
Fire. Fire takes care of all of them. Fire when fighting the undead is your friend. Fire.

Much more effective against vamps than zombies.

You set a vampire on fire and it burns like a torch.

You set a zombie on fire and it still comes after you while it burns.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #77 on: 2007 September 10, 19:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah! Zombies laugh (okay, groan and shuffle) at fire! Vampires on the other hand....

HawkGirl, I certainly hope that your speed and recruitment skills are up there, seeing as Doctors work in hospitals and hospitals have morgues. Plus, you'll need an area where you can do testing and research that will remain unmolested by zombie attack, maybe Pescado will rent you some space in his bunker (don't count on it though). The tailor idea is a good one, although if the world is being overrun by zombies, convincing people that your tailors are the same person will probably be the least of your problems.  

As for the monocle problem, JFed, I admit I will have to give that some thought. If nothing else, zombies will never remove the monocle on purpose (decay and bullet wounds will do that, I suppose), while vampires will take it off the moment it is not stylish anymore. Then where will I be, sobbing like that vampire who loves people that love apples (I will have to look into your invention suggestion though, maybe some kind of super glue based monocle gun).
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #78 on: 2007 September 10, 20:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "mando"
You might be able to ditch the Apple Hunter, but it will be somewhat more difficult to ditch that bounty on your head. Switch allegiances and you'll discover that the new vampire lord you're hanging out with, Irvine the Horrific, is really into "Trading Spaces" and macrame.

No side switching necessary - loner.  And I'm sure that macrame would break the boredom of hundreds of years with the same blood/wardrobe acquiring agenda.

Haven't you seen those George Romero movies? Admittedly, at the beginning it's all messiness and disorder, but by the end you're taking over shopping malls and swarming through cities all together as one big happy group. Whether they appreciate this on any deep or meaningful level is unimportant, those kind of worries are unnecessary so long as their basic needs are met. Vampires may be smart, but are they happy Calalily, really?

That's like saying the flu is one big happy family - it takes over the entire world a couple of times a year - but no one wants to get or be the flu.  I take brains over mere existence at all times - if I was a slobbering brain dead person confined to bed, I would want to be killed toot sweet.

If nothing else, zombies will never remove the monocle on purpose (decay and bullet wounds will do that, I suppose), while vampires will take it off the moment it is not stylish anymore. Then where will I be, sobbing like that vampire who loves people that love apples (I will have to look into your invention suggestion though, maybe some kind of super glue based monocle gun).

Bonus is, if unfashionable, they put it in a drawer (cause a couple of hundred years brings plenty of investment returns to the modern bright vampire) and when it comes back into fashion, they pop it on again.  Zombies - nearly all have face damage, that glass is going to take their eye out, and it will be lost forever.  Not to mention the lurching - likely to dislodge the monocle, if no squinting muscle control to affix placement of monocle is to be had.

AND vampires are often depicted in top hats.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #79 on: 2007 September 10, 20:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"

Besides, killing is killing, no matter who/what does it, and it is WRONG.

Ah, but the killing of humans can be worked around if one wants to put forth the effort. A little nibble here, a little nibble there works just as well. And I suppose if one really wanted to, they could feed mostly on other large animals instead of humans.

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #80 on: 2007 September 10, 20:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ash_Redfern"
Quote from: "alia"

Besides, killing is killing, no matter who/what does it, and it is WRONG.

Ah, but the killing of humans can be worked around if one wants to put forth the effort. A little nibble here, a little nibble there works just as well. And I suppose if one really wanted to, they could feed mostly on other large animals instead of humans.

Oh no, now one can't believe that.  It's like saying a pirate in a rum factory would only take a little sip from each bottle, and NOT stow 6 wherever he could fit them.  Vamps are going to eat people - they're like kids in a lolly shop.  They would maybe start out with good intentions, but then become so lazy.  Look at how often those sims go for a cup o' ramen - vamps will be eating people whole.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #81 on: 2007 September 10, 20:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Oh no, now one can't believe that.  It's like saying a pirate in a rum factory would only take a little sip from each bottle, and NOT stow 6 wherever he could fit them.  Vamps are going to eat people - they're like kids in a lolly shop.  They would maybe start out with good intentions, but then become so lazy.  Look at how often those sims go for a cup o' ramen - vamps will be eating people whole.

Oh yes, I'm sure that 'new' vampires would be much like a kid in a lolly shop. However, over the years one can learn some manner of restraint. It just isn't practical to your continued existence to go on a killing spree every time you get hungry.  Wink

LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #82 on: 2007 September 10, 20:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and depending on what vampire lore you go by, you can also gather yourself a herd to drink from anytime you wish. Bonus for them in some vampire stories being drank from feel wonderful.  So no need to kill anyone if you have a willing supply.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #83 on: 2007 September 10, 21:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah! Zombies laugh (okay, groan and shuffle) at fire! Vampires on the other hand....

HawkGirl, I certainly hope that your speed and recruitment skills are up there, seeing as Doctors work in hospitals and hospitals have morgues. Plus, you'll need an area where you can do testing and research that will remain unmolested by zombie attack, maybe Pescado will rent you some space in his bunker (don't count on it though). The tailor idea is a good one, although if the world is being overrun by zombies, convincing people that your tailors are the same person will probably be the least of your problems.  

As for the monocle problem, JFed, I admit I will have to give that some thought. If nothing else, zombies will never remove the monocle on purpose (decay and bullet wounds will do that, I suppose), while vampires will take it off the moment it is not stylish anymore. Then where will I be, sobbing like that vampire who loves people that love apples (I will have to look into your invention suggestion though, maybe some kind of super glue based monocle gun).

Zombies can't invent anything! They have no brains, they can't even talk. How they gonna invent a super glue gun? Is it one O or two Oo's for hand me that diagram? We need no bunker we will live in a castle, plenty of room for a lab. It will also have a moat that has spikes like Vlad did, except with Zombies. Impaled, starving to death, drooling. Let it serve as a warning to any Zombie that thinks he can get through. We shall be the people's hero. No human wants to walk around looking like those things. Even guys that think it's cool, will get over that quick when they find out no more wild thing, women want nothing to do with them. Women Zombies can't wear make-up, then there is the fact if they try to brush their hair it's going to fall out, if there is even any left from the Zombies feasing on their brains...I'm telling you, it's just not a pretty picture.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #84 on: 2007 September 10, 22:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HawkGirl, zombies don't care about looking good or about attracting other "good looking" zombies. They care about brains, lurching, and taking over shopping malls, small farms, and/or cities. Being considered hot is not a priority, and honestly by the time you're a zombie those kind of shallow concerns would no longer matter to you. I also never said I would invent the monocle gun as a zombie, because if I were a zombie my obsession with monocles might likely end (although, I'd still probably be obsessed with them). The question of vampire and monocle may seem like a win for the vampires, but it would break my heart to know that they are simply hiding them away until the moncle becomes valuable or stylish again.

Calalily, there does seem to be some sort of rudimentary intelligence in zombies which could overtime develop (recognition of places and areas, vague rememberances of wrong doing, etc.). If there is absolutely no brain activity occuring why is the only way to stop them a bullet to the head? As for vampires, while that vampire may not have to hang around with a new vampire lord, he/she still has to do something about that bounty the macrame fan put on his/her head. It'd be seriously annoying if you had to skip out of town everytime you were seen at some party with a vampire about to be taken out in some kind of undead coup. I also have to agree with you that it would take some time for that vampire to build up a bit of restraint in his/her feeding, and the guilt would likely make one even mopier than usual (depending on the vampire of course).
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #85 on: 2007 September 11, 08:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ash_Redfern"
Oh yes, I'm sure that 'new' vampires would be much like a kid in a lolly shop. However, over the years one can learn some manner of restraint. It just isn't practical to your continued existence to go on a killing spree every time you get hungry.

I don't think you would.  Many people go missing every year - you'd just have to be careful about who does go missing.  Criminologists estimate that based on population size, at any one time, 9 serial killers are operating in Australia - and there are hundreds of thousands of homeless people the world over.

I would call the concept that vamps wouldn't kill us "the dream of meat".  It sounds nice, and is certainly good press, but I don't think it would happen.  We could do amputations on chickens and cattle, and then provide them with wheelchairs to live out their lives, but we don't do it - we kill them wholesale.

Calalily, there does seem to be some sort of rudimentary intelligence in zombies which could overtime develop (recognition of places and areas, vague rememberances of wrong doing, etc.).

I want more from eternity than vagueness and rudimentary.  Vampires can go to great art galleries and sit in libraries, get into the best clubs, and fuck the classiest people.  Zombies wouldn't be able to lurch past the doorman.  Not to mention that zombies are known to be zombies as soon as you look at them - there's no way to stop the screeching "Zombie" everywhere you go.  The vamp can go incognito if they want, and rest from the tiresome screams of the populace.

If there is absolutely no brain activity occuring why is the only way to stop them a bullet to the head?

Motor function is controlled by the brain - that's why they're stopped.

As for vampires, while that vampire may not have to hang around with a new vampire lord, he/she still has to do something about that bounty the macrame fan put on his/her head. It'd be seriously annoying if you had to skip out of town everytime you were seen at some party with a vampire about to be taken out in some kind of undead coup.

This is only providing that there are feuds - like in Underworld. And this is usually characterised by snarkiness and the occasional killing of a faction.  If there were some kind of bounty situation, well, it's just the way of life, and far better than drooling your way through the world, with your brains hanging out.

Visit Calalilysims

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #86 on: 2007 September 11, 21:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HawkGirl, zombies don't care about looking good or about attracting other "good looking" zombies. Being considered hot is not a priority, and honestly by the time you're a zombie those kind of shallow concerns would no longer matter to you.

And just how do you know this for a fact? I can't imagine even a zombie wanting to walk around and not do the wild thing for 1,000's of years. If I were a Zombie? I wouldn't want to diddle one with body parts missing, well other than their brains maybe because that's kinda unavoidable. I'm also quite sure for the female zombies they still worry about female baldness. I heard through the grapevine, even in the Zombie community, it's not very becoming. Especially if your looking for a mate.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #87 on: 2007 September 12, 01:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's only one thing to do now, and you know what it is, don't you??

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #88 on: 2007 September 12, 01:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want more from eternity than vagueness and rudimentary.  Vampires can go to great art galleries and sit in libraries, get into the best clubs, and fuck the classiest people.  Zombies wouldn't be able to lurch past the doorman.  Not to mention that zombies are known to be zombies as soon as you look at them - there's no way to stop the screeching "Zombie" everywhere you go.  The vamp can go incognito if they want, and rest from the tiresome screams of the populace.

The assumption somewhat made here (and by HawkGirl in her later post, naughty ladies!) is that zombies would care about all of the things that humans (and by extension, vampires) find necessary for a pleasant life. I can't imagine a zombie (or at least most zombies) would really care about being unable to appreciate fine art, a good haircut, or sex. As a human not having these things might mean that one's life seems unfulfilled, but as a zombie I'm guessing that it barely rates a "meh". Of course this all depends on what zombie mythology you're running by (I'm working off of a George Romero mythos, I guess :lol: ) as being a voodoo zombie would probably be pretty crap.

As for living for all eternity, I think that being aware and confronted constantly by the passage of time while you remain unchanged could be torturous. While a zombie can't appreciate good literature or affection like a vampire can, I think having to live through the deaths of all your family and friends (vampire and otherwise) and only being connected to the outside world in the smallest way possible and being entirely aware of this disconnection would be incredibly depressing. Not to mention how boring it would be, hundreds of years of the same conversation, same books, same entertainment, same world, ugh. Eventually you're going to see everything there is to see, not to mention having to live with the suffering of others on earth, and the guilt of being a mass murderer (and if you are unsympathetic, hundreds of years of boring vampire arguments). Death is scary, but who really wants to live forever, or at least live forever as a "human" on earth.

This is only providing that there are feuds - like in Underworld. And this is usually characterised by snarkiness and the occasional killing of a faction.

I am willing to bet that there would be feuds considering how boring life would be after a few hundred years. Did you ever have to sit in a room with someone you didn't like for a few hours; now stretch that out to a month, and then a year and then decades. Eventually you're going to get annoyed at each other and start yelling and fighting (or at least I would). As well, purely to make their next few years tolerable, I imagine that vampires would set up fights to pass time (although I doubt anyone would admit to "boredom" being the reason for a vicious blood feud). As Sartre said, "Hell is other people".
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Simsweb pl.
« Reply #89 on: 2007 September 12, 06:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The assumption somewhat made here (and by HawkGirl in her later post, naughty ladies!) is that zombies would care about all of the things that humans (and by extension, vampires) find necessary for a pleasant life. I can't imagine a zombie (or at least most zombies) would really care about being unable to appreciate fine art, a good haircut, or sex.

That's where the zombie holds no appeal for me - there is no desire for the life that they have - they are no more than viruses.  I mean, if you care about nothing, why would you choose to spend more time like that?  I would choose consciousness with all it's pleasure AND pain rather than oblivion if I also had to be alive.  

As for living for all eternity, I think that being aware and confronted constantly by the passage of time while you remain unchanged could be torturous....<snip>....only being connected to the outside world in the smallest way possible and being entirely aware of this disconnection would be incredibly depressing.

At which point a vampire can walk into the nearest fire or the nearest bit of sunlight.  No mess, easy clean up.  Zombies are not as fortunate - they need to rely on lurching into the nearest mob (which of course they do anyway - and what if they wanted to live) and hoping that someone has the skills to know how to kill them.  They are unlikely to ever formulate enough skills and nous to find, load, cock and put a gun to their own heads - they are reliant on others to kill them.

As well, purely to make their next few years tolerable, I imagine that vampires would set up fights to pass time (although I doubt anyone would admit to "boredom" being the reason for a vicious blood feud). As Sartre said, "Hell is other people".

Ah, yes, but if it alleviates the boredom, there's some kind of pleasure derived from the involvement in conspiracy, fighting and clandestine plans.  If said actions become boring or hellish in and of themselves, see above paragraph.

Visit Calalilysims

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: