PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 11:16:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Big Name Fans in the Sims 2 world?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Big Name Fans in the Sims 2 world?  (Read 28829 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
Big Name Fans in the Sims 2 world?
« Reply #90 on: 2007 September 17, 13:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"
I don't understand people who like Peggy and Rose.  Maybe cuz the stuff looks nice.  Still, there's a big difference between looking nice and actually being nice :!:

I'm with you. I have a couple of rose hairs, but only because someone like you fixed it. I will stick with Nouk, XM, and Seomi, thanks (oh, and the person Snarky sent us to for male hair over at insim..yummy!).

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Office Rules
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 September 17, 17:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The big names (or my favorite names,creators I like because their stuff looks so great in game)
Nouk(that hair is gorgeous)
Moon_EZ(Mod the Sims 2,Georgian build set,wrought iron furniture,too much too list,all of it beautiful)
Numenor(too much too list)
Windkeeper(the build sets)
Vita Sims
PeggySims(some of it)
Sunair(one of my all time favorites,love the furniture)
11 Dots
WDS
Chinafan

I am sure there are others but these are some I used last night when I was testing Bon Voyage.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 September 17, 19:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
I don't understand people who like Peggy and Rose.  Maybe cuz the stuff looks nice.  Still, there's a big difference between looking nice and actually being nice :!:

I'm with you. I have a couple of rose hairs, but only because someone like you fixed it. I will stick with Nouk, XM, and Seomi, thanks (oh, and the person Snarky sent us to for male hair over at insim..yummy!).

I agree. I did a donate for all with Rose when I was doing my paying. lol Anyway, I wasn't happy with a lot of her hair, although a couple of her newer hairs are really nice. She does have some nice accessories you can't find anyplace else. Peggy's hair is horrible, I don't understand why she won't animate it or make the corrections needed. Nothing like seeing hair fold, become a sword and stab your poor sim through the chest or back. Some of that is Maxi's fault though. They should have made hair so it was the top layer on everything. Then it wouldn't disappear under some clothing, skin, etc...

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
WhiteDove
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 September 18, 23:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my favorites is gigachanger at mts2.  He does some awesome skinning!
(((hugs)))
~Nan~

o, Heaven will not ever be unless my cats are there to welcome me.
~Anonymous~
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2007 September 21, 00:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
I agree. I did a donate for all with Rose when I was doing my paying. lol Anyway, I wasn't happy with a lot of her hair, although a couple of her newer hairs are really nice. She does have some nice accessories you can't find anyplace else. Peggy's hair is horrible, I don't understand why she won't animate it or make the corrections needed. Nothing like seeing hair fold, become a sword and stab your poor sim through the chest or back. Some of that is Maxi's fault though. They should have made hair so it was the top layer on everything. Then it wouldn't disappear under some clothing, skin, etc...

Yup they should have done that, and fix the issue with longer hair "scrunching" when a Sim turns their head.

BUT - while Rose's newer hairs might look nicer (and ok at least they're now animated, and better than peggy's), they still have gaps (both front and back/side near the ears).  She might start paying more attention to that now to make more money, especially since she's now offering people her special time-limited offer of fixed hair for only $6  :roll:

Anyway, I would only consider things like Peggy, Rose, TSR "big names" of the kind of BAD that is in the Sims 2 community.

For me, the "big names" are those who create awesome stuff and share freely.  For some reason, I don't really download too much from what most people consider to be "big names".  I have weird taste and so I download according to what looks good to me, rather than who made it.

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 September 21, 00:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"

Yup they should have done that, and fix the issue with longer hair "scrunching" when a Sim turns their head.

BUT - while Rose's newer hairs might look nicer (and ok at least they're now animated, and better than peggy's), they still have gaps (both front and back/side near the ears).  She might start paying more attention to that now to make more money, especially since she's now offering people her special time-limited offer of fixed hair for only $6  :roll:

Anyway, I would only consider things like Peggy, Rose, TSR "big names" of the kind of BAD that is in the Sims 2 community.

For me, the "big names" are those who create awesome stuff and share freely.  For some reason, I don't really download too much from what most people consider to be "big names".  I have weird taste and so I download according to what looks good to me, rather than who made it.

Now come on Renegade you know good ole Rosie is making better hairs now. I got the Renegade Fix lol So your finding errors on the new Japanese/Chinese hair and the Final Fantasy hair? Maybe I'm just comparing them to other hairs and they are 100 percent better than those. Dang, now I'm gonna be looking for the gaps and I'm using that Final Fantasy hair on one of my teens. Couldn't ya just let me have my fantasy of much better till she was an adult? Wink Please tell me you plan on fixing that one sometime in the future? I really like that one for the teens.

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 September 21, 03:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, the "big names" are those who create awesome stuff and share freely.

The original intent of this thread was for big names that are not creators.  However, in this community, they are pretty much one and the same.  It doesn't help that this is the internet and the fan base of the sims is so enormous it spans the world and its many languages.  People tend to stick to only a couple sites and there are thousands of sites just for the sims.  While someone may be well known on one site or even two, they're just another face on the rest of them.  Creators get the opportunity to be liked and known without having to communicate.  So, this thread is really pointless unless we narrow it just down to, "big name fans for our niche in the community."   :lol:

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2007 September 21, 03:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, I know! I mentioned a "big name", I knew the thread meant names that are generally known to a LOT of people.  That's why I mentioned Windkeeper, and maybe someone else. I don't remember.

HawkGirl - lol aww, I'm sorry! But I was just stating the truth!  Or can you not handle the truth :shock: I'm just kidding, heh.  Which hair are you talking about, though?  The "Final Fantasy" hair means absolutely nothing to me since I don't follow that stuff, nor do I really look at Rose's stuff or keep track of what she has.  Is it a free hair?  I thought normally her character hairs are put in the free section.

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 September 21, 05:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, I know! I mentioned a "big name", I knew the thread meant names that are generally known to a LOT of people.  That's why I mentioned Windkeeper, and maybe someone else. I don't remember.

HawkGirl - lol aww, I'm sorry! But I was just stating the truth!  Or can you not handle the truth :shock: I'm just kidding, heh.  Which hair are you talking about, though?  The "Final Fantasy" hair means absolutely nothing to me since I don't follow that stuff, nor do I really look at Rose's stuff or keep track of what she has.  Is it a free hair?  I thought normally her character hairs are put in the free section.

It's the Rikku hair on page 17. The last one. I really like that hair for teens.

http://www.rosesims.org/hair/rosehair_17.htm

Oh and PS yes it is a free hair. The Japanese/Chinese hair I was talking about is the first one on that page.

Chienne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 September 21, 13:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back a year or more ago, when I first became aware of the TS2 community, the first big name I heard about was Numenor.  To use the stuff I was just starting to download, I had to download the CEP, and we all know who makes the CEP.  Then I read a bazillion posts were someone was trying to make something, had trouble with it, turned to Numenor, and he fixed it for them.  And when I pawed through the files at MTS2, every time I downloaded something of his, I saw a lot of fawning comments underneath it.  It started looking as if the whole TS2 community saw Numenor as god.  

Then I stumbled upon MATY, and the world was never the same again. :-)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: