PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 07:34:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  But... no comments on this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: But... no comments on this?  (Read 26566 times)
missnaughty
ARR!

View Profile
But... no comments on this?
« Reply #90 on: 2007 May 23, 16:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggysims banned me for a week cause I was downloading her stuff, when I bought an account, duh, thats why I bought an account, stupid girl or boy or whatever!  You never know these days  :lol:
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 May 23, 20:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually wondering how things would go down with Peggy and Rosesims. Both sites are based in China, a country not known for abiding by copyright laws. I realize national borders don't mean a hell of a lot to corporations these days, but I'm just curious as to how they'd accomplish any sort of legal action.
roguesimmer
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 May 24, 05:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"

Off topic: if they did go free magicly over night, would anyone download their stuff? I used to really want it...now after plundering the booty, I dont really want it...most of it is quite bad and I delete it  :?

I probably would.  I spend more time downloading than actually playing, so it could easily be a month or more before I saw how an object, etc. looked in-game.  So yeah, I'd continue to download for a good while, most likely, before I realized I was downloading ugly shit from some sites.
roguesimmer
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 May 24, 05:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "bayrou"

do you find normal that add ons are so expensives! worst: do you see the price they ask for content stuff (glamour and others..) the base game is already enough expensive so they could offer additionnal content for free or at least for a reasonable price..

I don't think the games are too expensive, nor the expansions/stuff packs.  The price is comparable to what other brand new, just released games are selling for, so I don't have a problem with the cost.  

As for the stuff packs, the price on those is more than reasonable.  If EA wanted to, they could charge $40-$50 for each one of those, but they don't.  I've ever seen one for more than $20 where I live.
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 May 24, 05:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "darkangel"
Quote from: "bayrou"
do you really believe that EA will sue paysites ?? are you dumbs or what?!

Paysites are much more profitable to EA than you think! Fansites give more success to their game.. if players have to play only with original content of the game it wouldn’t be so popular!

And this is much true for paysites.. you can say what you want on them but you must admit that their custom content improves a lot the game.. people continue to play the sims 2 and continue to buy add on and other stuff... if EA was against paysites do you really think that they would wait your letter to do something  :roll:

paysites are doing money with EA, EA is doing money with paysites and everyone is happy!

You're basically saying that only paysites make awesome stuff. Which isn't true. Peggy's meshes have tons of gaps and holes. Ratproductions, simplystyling, Nouk,...many of the great sites are free. And better.

Hell, Paladin's site SimWardrobe has had some of the best free stuff in a long time, IMHO. ARRRR........PAYSITES OFF THE PORT BOW! CAPTAIN.....THE SS EA IS PULLING UP BEHIND US..........LOOKS SHE MIGHT BE READYING HER CANNONS...........*pulls cork out of vodka bottle and takes a swig*

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 May 24, 23:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy actually named PMBD.  Here's the quote "Not really - it (paysites must be destroyed, that is) is still an extremely small part of an otherwise huge community and people simply don't realise it's there."

Here's the link  http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?p=889244#post889244.

I was surprised.  :shock:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 May 24, 23:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's not like he can't say it.. No one is going to edit his posts, delete his posts, or ban him!

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
evilragdoll
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 May 25, 00:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aquamarine"
I'm actually wondering how things would go down with Peggy and Rosesims. Both sites are based in China, a country not known for abiding by copyright laws. I realize national borders don't mean a hell of a lot to corporations these days, but I'm just curious as to how they'd accomplish any sort of legal action.

But I wonder, where's Paypal based on? I mean, if EA puts pressure enough, they could cancel Rose's and Peggy's accounts.
How would that little leeches make money then?
BTW, Ea Games should do that to all paysites. BAM! They're gone.
Next on my list of hated things: Cockroaches, sadly, they are a little more tricky to eliminate.
archie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 June 08, 12:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course people don't realize that PMBD is here. Anytime anybody has mentioned them (either on Insim, or MTS2) their post has been edited/deleted.
Small parts of large communities can make all the difference. Besides, If EA is on our side we can't be all that small, can we?
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 June 29, 07:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "evilragdoll"
Quote from: "Aquamarine"

But I wonder, where's Paypal based on? I mean, if EA puts pressure enough, they could cancel Rose's and Peggy's accounts.
How would that little leeches make money then?
BTW, Ea Games should do that to all paysites. BAM! They're gone.
Next on my list of hated things: Cockroaches, sadly, they are a little more tricky to eliminate.

It helps when we contact people, to contact the proper sources. There are three phone numbers in the back of every book that comes with the game, EP's and stuff packs. All you have to do is call and ask to speak to someone in legal. Contact paypal and give them the merchants code with a note they are selling copyright/trademarked material illegally. In fact you can send them copies of the letters from Nouk's website or any of the earlier threads here and that would be enough for paypal. Paypal would then contact EA along with a record of profits made by the merchant which they have the right to do. They're the ones that shut down the companies illegally selling copies of movies and TV series from just one complaint. That would then let legal know how much these people are actually making...legal can then determine if it's for bandwidth as many claim, or to line their own pockets. We need to quit contacting tech support, tech support are not lawyers. If were all serious about doing something about paysites, we have to contact the proper source "EA Legal".

Oh and PS EA has a legal dept based in China. In fact they have a legal dept in over 25 different countries.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: