PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 09:45:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  But... no comments on this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: But... no comments on this?  (Read 26567 times)
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
But... no comments on this?
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 21, 20:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*wets herself*

Wooo! Even my mom thought that was great to hear  :lol:
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 21, 20:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yarrr!!!!

This means you are not pirates! HAHHA!

CRAP!

Inactive
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 21, 20:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think H&M and their big logo bearing advertisement pack is more responsible for this than anything we have done.

EA can't allow a registered trademark like "H&M" to be resold by a third party.   H&M could either sue EA for infringement (not adequately protecting their trademark) or demand a cut of what the third party paysites made off their logos.

EA has to take some kind of stand at least 30 days before the H&M pack ships to cover their backsides.
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 21, 20:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "rickets"
I think H&M and their big logo bearing advertisement pack is more responsible for this than anything we have done.

EA can't allow a registered trademark like "H&M" to be resold by a third party.   H&M could either sue EA for infringement (not adequately protecting their trademark) or demand a cut of what the third party paysites made off their logos.

EA has to take some kind of stand at least 30 days before the H&M pack ships to cover their backsides.

I am sure H&M has some sort of KA-CHING deal right there. EA ain't stupid.
$$$

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 21, 20:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just saying that no company is going to allow their logo to be sold by a third party.  It's one of the first clauses in the type of contract that grants the use of a trademark to another company (like EA).
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 21, 21:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that EA has taken an interesting stance on one of their other games. command and conquer tiberium wars. they have custom content in the form of maps and they have only just released a programme to make the maps with. last night while looking for some maps, my husband noticed a few paysites have already set up shop selling these maps  :evil:
however we were able to get some free maps off a website.

HERES THE CRACKER!!>>> I installed one of these maps and played online with my husband (who hadn't installed it) the game automatically detected he didnt have it, and then it auto file shared it!

hahaha the game is designed to auto transfer any custom content between players, this is going to be a hard knock for the wanna be paysites in that community, EA seem to be taking a stance of stopping the paysite problem before it starts, now all they need to do is stand by their guns and sort out this community.

ETA: at least we will never see thetiberiumwarsresource.com   Tongue

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Heinel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 21, 21:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sherrie_sim"
I noticed that EA has taken an interesting stance on one of their other games. command and conquer tiberium wars. they have custom content in the form of maps and they have only just released a programme to make the maps with. last night while looking for some maps, my husband noticed a few paysites have already set up shop selling these maps  :evil:
however we were able to get some free maps off a website.

HERES THE CRACKER!!>>> I installed one of these maps and played online with my husband (who hadn't installed it) the game automatically detected he didnt have it, and then it auto file shared it!

hahaha the game is designed to auto transfer any custom content between players, this is going to be a hard knock for the wanna be paysites in that community, EA seem to be taking a stance of stopping the paysite problem before it starts, now all they need to do is stand by their guns and sort out this community.

I hope that system somehow gets implemented in Sims 3  :shock:
93emoose
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 21, 22:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol: YES! Now I don't need to feel guilty about downloading stuff from this site because it's pay content. I only need to feel guilty as always because my parents don't want me to download anything from the internet! YES! :lol:
Broomhilda
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 21, 22:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I Really can't believe this. LOL
*happy happy joy joy dance*
I can't help but imagine Thomas, Heather and the prick from pandora (can't remember his name), getting their asses sued off. OH YES YES YESS :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

BTW could someone tell me why the I can't see the code when I try to register at SFV? I get a red x, and nothing helps. I emailed the board admin but haven't got a response yet.

url=http://www.freewebs.com/moneybetterspent/]Money Better Spent[/url]
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 21, 22:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we're all waiting with baited breath for EA to let us know what, if any, action they will be taking. They have a lot of sites and information to figure out, so I think it's going to take a bit of time.

I don't think SIH was online just now. I'm sure it will be straightened out quickly.

Sarah (^..^)
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 21, 23:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sherrie, I love that!  Cheesy

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
9b8ll
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 21, 23:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's about time EA has said somthing about this I just hope EA Will end this paysite fiasco because paysites are being greedy. This is some awesome news to hear.
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 21, 23:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm I wonder if PMBD won't be 'illegal' to mention anymore on certain sites.... :roll:

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 21, 23:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "OneEyedWillie"
Hmm I wonder if PMBD won't be 'illegal' to mention anymore on certain sites.... :roll:

Actually I PM'ed HP on S2C about that. I haven't heard back yet.

Sarah (^..^)
KarmaPirate
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 22, 01:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I signed up just so I could be a pirate.  I always show up at the LAST minute.   I hope this doesn't mean we can't be pirates anymore.  :cry:

On the upside, I hope Thomas gets a chunk chewed out of his big floppy man-ass.  Cool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: