PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 09:15:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A surprising new paysite
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A surprising new paysite  (Read 31275 times)
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Re: A surprising new paysite
« Reply #60 on: 2008 April 11, 18:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other words: I only follow my own rules when it's convenient, I do what I want, but I won't let anyone else do what they want because different rules apply for their stuff.

That's how she's always been.  Are we really all that surprised?  Come on.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2008 April 11, 18:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paysites offer each file to be paid for, maybe a few free items here and there. In essence, they "sell" their items.
Some sites, like Holy Simoly, are wholey free sites that offer a package of items for people that support their site.
In essence, an incentive for donations.

This is exactly the same argument offered again and again by paysite owners - they're not paysites - someone else is a paysite.  They don't sell enough, they don't lure enough.  I don't care what she says, it's a pay item, and if it's not intended to be an incentive for donations, why made a public thread about it, particularly if she's going to be releasing it soon anyway?

It was sent to everyone who has donated in the last year, not just last month!!

But not rome_raven apparently - and she's the only donor to come out on this thread. So that would make DL a liar as well.  And why post a public thread if you thought you'd sent it to everyone - paysite pure and simple.

There is a read me file included that says to share them if they want. LOL

After you've paid for them.  Rensim is still a paysite - even though they have fileshare friendly policies, so this makes no difference to her status as a paysite.

Oh well, I'm sure the other paysites will be happy to know they have a new excuse.  Roll Eyes They can "misunderstand" what is a paysite - while selling shit.  Rose uses that all the time - let's just stop calling her a paysite until she gets it, eh?

No, that's not what I meant.  I meant that she could say she didn't see it as a paysite esque thing to do, and just make it free.  I figure it couldn't hurt to ask. 

And of course.  It is a very paysite thing to do, and it is a payfile.  And she could tell me to STFU and ban me.  Or she could (in theory) say oh, I didn't really think about that part of it.  Is free now...  maybe?

And she didn't make it free when you made her aware - she justified it - so it is an excuse to be a paysite now, isn't it?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 April 11, 18:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other words: I only follow my own rules when it's convenient, I do what I want, but I won't let anyone else do what they want because different rules apply for their stuff.

Not particularly. However people still agree with her, and that's kinda surprising. Lips sealed

Inactive
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 April 11, 18:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not particularly. However people still agree with her, and that's kinda surprising. Lips sealed

I think people tend to go by how their own interactions have gone with said person over what what has transpired in the past, even with solid evidence of it.  It's how the people who run Holy Simoly are deemed "not as bad" compared to Peggy because they have had better interactions with people even while saying they have no intention to stop selling their items.  It makes me think of how they interview the neighbors of a killer and they just can't believe that guy was like that because he smiled and waved at them when he saw them in the mornings and seemed like a good guy.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 April 11, 18:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And shes just popped online here

*waits for the 'you stupid pirates' post*

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2008 April 11, 18:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, she asked where the confusion was, so she could smooth things out, so I told her it was here.  But I doubt there could be much smoothing here for this. 

I get what you are saying cala, and if she holds the file then no there is no excuse. 

yes, missangelica, I think that has a lot to do with it.  I know I'm quick to want to defend, or be confused, since she's been so nice to me.  All niceness aside of course, the issue at hand would be what kind of file is this, and what direction is the site headed. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 April 11, 19:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if she releases the file eventually, is it fair to use someone else's work to solicit donations?
BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2008 April 11, 19:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so sorry the wording of the post was misunderstood by some.
I don't need an excuse for anything, but for fair play here's your explaination.

DLMulsow's Sim~Antics birthday/anniversary is in April, hence April's gift.

These files were made for all the donators and supporters for our first year and
shared with them first to make them 'special'.

These files will be shared for everyone else on the birthday celebration
along with many other things made by me and the staff later this month.

The post was made public because I wanted to be sure everyone who donated recieved the items early as a special gift.

I'm sorry Rome_Raven did not receive the gift, she did not PM me as it is stated on the post if someone was missed.
Apparently, she doesn't want it anyway.

I didn't do it privately because I thought that would be skeevy.
"Here's something for you because you gave me money but keep it a secret." <---NOT

I don't plan on making these special gifts often,
perhaps once a year for our anniversary to show my supporters they are special.

And Red, if I needed to solicite donations for the site, there would be a post saying, "I need donations for the site."  Roll Eyes

Thank you to those who defended me and knew better.
Those of you who enjoy tearing others apart, looking for trouble where there is none and just general gossip like old women...well, you know what you can do.

Enjoy your day.

I'm an asshole in real life too, so now what?

Visit Pirate friendly Sim~Antics
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2008 April 11, 19:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These files were made for all the donators and supporters for our first year and

Just like all the other paysites.

Just like all the other paysites.

GUESS WHO THIS IS:  There are "creators" that started out free and wave the free creation banner then go pay. Then whine about people stealing from free sites and accept monies for their creations. Hypocrit much? 

YOU.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 April 11, 19:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah thank you for the clear calm explanation

<snip>

DLMulsow's Sim~Antics birthday/anniversary is in April, hence April's gift.

These files will be shared for everyone else on the birthday celebration
along with many other things made by me and the staff later this month.

The post was made public because I wanted to be sure everyone who donated recieved the items early as a special gift.

<snip>

I didn't do it privately because I thought that would be skeevy.
"Here's something for you because you gave me money but keep it a secret." <---NOT

<snip>

You should add a sticky into the 'donators gift' section saying that - the lack of explanation caused mass confusion.

As these files are given to donators, they are considered pay. Even if you release them for free (XMsims does the same, they are in the booty, Liana does the same, she is in the booty).

Would urge you to rethink how you give out the next gift - give it out publicly to all, rather then just to donators then releasing for free. It makes it a pay item, which is not what you want

BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2008 April 11, 19:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah thank you for the clear calm explanation

You should add a sticky into the 'donators gift' section saying that - the lack of explanation caused mass confusion.

As these files are given to donators, they are considered pay. Even if you release them for free (XMsims does the same, they are in the booty, Liana does the same, she is in the booty).

Would urge you to rethink how you give out the next gift - give it out publicly to all, rather then just to donators then releasing for free. It makes it a pay item, which is not what you want

I appreciate your cander and civility.  I think I will add a better explaination to the post.  I had zero idea it was causing confusion until Courtney asked about it onsite in PM.

I was sure that a few weeks 'exclusivity' of the items wouldn't cause a stir, but apparently... get out your print screen...I was wrong.

I'm an asshole in real life too, so now what?

Visit Pirate friendly Sim~Antics
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 April 11, 19:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah but...

That still doesn't explain you giving out recolors of free meshes to donators only.  Sizz specifically states in her TOU on MTS2 that her meshes are not to be used for such purposes.

Did you get permission from Sizz to include her meshes in your celebratory event?
If not, perhaps you should consider giving out something else as your special gift for donators.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2008 April 11, 19:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She already updated the post at her homesite so it says this in there now:

Thank you so much again, and know how special you are to me and Sim~Antics.
This is not a pay file or to solicit donations.
These items will be offered to EVERYONE on our special birthday celebration.

edit, cause I can't spell.

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 April 11, 19:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the date that this will be released to everyone?

I appreciate your cander and civility.  I think I will add a better explaination to the post.  I had zero idea it was causing confusion until Courtney asked about it onsite in PM.

I was sure that a few weeks 'exclusivity' of the items wouldn't cause a stir, but apparently... get out your print screen...I was wrong.

Am unsure how you thought creating an item which in essence required an exchange of money would not cause a stir, and how using a mesh which states is not to be used anywhere near the terms 'pay' or 'donator' would not. Appears you may not have thought about this as much as needed..This was not a good move or idea.

Good on the adding an explaination bit - that certainly needs doing. When I first saw the section, was curious as to why there was not a sticky in there explaining. It certainly did not help your position.

Would be best if you reconsidered this entire thing, as it is pay (thus shall be in the booty), and is deeply hypoctrical against all that you have said before.

Take my advice for what it is worth

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2008 April 11, 19:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much again, and know how special you are to me and Sim~Antics.
This is not a pay file or to solicit donations.
These items will be offered to EVERYONE on our special birthday celebration.

Doesn't matter - same applies to XM Sims as applies to DL Mulsow. Saying it's not a payfile doesn't make it not a payfile - that almost exactly makes sure *it is indeed a payfile*. Not to mention:

it's regularly going to be releasing payfiles.

Visit Calalilysims

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: