PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 00:54:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  PIMP MY SIMS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PIMP MY SIMS  (Read 81731 times)
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #105 on: 2007 July 23, 00:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we yet know who this is - Kalliope?

Wayne Newton - you're a funny monkey!

Good point, Peachfish.  May I just say that I don't think "everyone is out to get us"?  And, so what if they are?  What was actually accomplished?  Uhmm - Nothing.  Except some really entertaining threads that kept us all busy and I learned how to post a picture.

So, really, if they bring it here - if they stay there - if they open - if they close - if they take their pretties and lock 'em up - meh - we still got the goods anyway.   And another EP is releasing shortly in a store near you. Cheesy

EDIT:  Did Kalliope get any of the goods?

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #106 on: 2007 July 23, 01:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
I just want to be clear - since several people are now talking about this pirating of free sites issue.

WE DO NOT PIRATE FREE SITES. We ONLY have pay items in the booty. If there's a free item in there, it is in error OR it is on a pay rotation (see TSR).

It makes me wonder if someone else...DLMuslow, perhaps...has done some freesite stealing in the name of 'piracy'...and has given the rest of us a bad name.

Hecubus, I'm pretty sure I haven't "stolen" anything, seeing as how Sims 2 custom content belongs to Maxis/EA anyway, free or pay.  I believe once I download it, it belongs to me as do many other "pirates" and I like to share my files and recolors, etc. whether they be free or pay.

I have redistributed meshes with credits to the mesher (so has Leigen) and paysite items (just like the booty does), either recolored or converted to other meshes also with credits to the original artists/meshers.  

If you have any questions about that feel free to come to the site and check for yourself.  Oh, and I actually make some stuff from scratch too, but I get accused of stealing that as well.   :roll:

I'm an asshole in real life too, so now what?

Visit Pirate friendly Sim~Antics
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #107 on: 2007 July 23, 01:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, I don't know, Black Pearl. Seems you've been called on it on THIS forum.

In reference to a particular instance of your thievery, Kathy wrote:

Quote from: "kathy"
Ok let me clairify a few things. It wasn't 3 yrs ago.. it was 8 months ago. It wasn't a single incident but numerous incidents. Credit wasn't even given until she was called on it. People were and are still pissed about it and rightly so when in one breath she denies it and the next defends it claiming she didn't know.

And I'm not certain of details, but I understand that yet another set was found on your site very recently, posted without permission.

There's piracy with honor, and there's piracy without honor. How about showing a little honor, and maybe your name won't be the first on our lips when we are told "pirates have stolen free content"?

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #108 on: 2007 July 23, 02:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so I understand is DL Muslow aka Black Pearl or am I reading this wrong?  Since I just read the 14 page thread you had linked and I guess I was in a hole somewhere and missed all that excitement *sigh*

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #109 on: 2007 July 23, 02:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes and I was there for that whole discussion. All I really got out of it was that BlackPearl was DL. Then there was a bunch of bitchin' and fightin' The best part but don't tell. I even joined it...kinda.

Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #110 on: 2007 July 23, 02:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlackPearl is also one of those whiny children Solander was talking about. :roll:

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #111 on: 2007 July 23, 02:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlackPearl"
Hecubus, I'm pretty sure I haven't "stolen" anything, seeing as how Sims 2 custom content belongs to Maxis/EA anyway, free or pay.  I believe once I download it, it belongs to me as do many other "pirates" and I like to share my files and recolors, etc. whether they be free or pay.
I have redistributed meshes with credits to the mesher (so has Leigen) and paysite items (just like the booty does), either recolored or converted to other meshes also with credits to the original artists/meshers.  

If you have any questions about that feel free to come to the site and check for yourself.  Oh, and I actually make some stuff from scratch too, but I get accused of stealing that as well.   :roll:

Your post is contradictory in some respects.  Once you download it, if it is an original mesh, it does not belong to you, the recolors and such, yes, but not the actual original mesh.  I don't know you, just what I have read, and I usually give the benefit of the doubt because I am fair.  But, just in the short amount of time, I have my doubts "Methinks you doth protest too much".  But a heads up:  I wouldn't use mesh by anyone but yourself.  Once you lose credibility, and you compound it with "oops I'm sorry I did it again, and again, and again" You pretty much are shoved off the plank.

Well, I'll leave it to the others here who are more familiar with you than I.

*eating popcorn and drinking rum....waiting*

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #112 on: 2007 July 23, 02:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Gee, I don't know, Black Pearl. Seems you've been called on it on THIS forum.

Geeze, this is so old that it's rancid.  I hardly know what's worse.. the fact that it's been brought up again remember I told you tchan that oldbies will never forget your past offenses and will throw it in your face given the opportunity or that if what Hecubus says is true, Black Pearl is back to her old tricks again.  Not only that but Black Pearl is still claiming innocence and defending what she has done--basically being as wibbly wobbly as a tinker toy depending on what evidence she's faced with.  This reminds me of Pescado's signature..

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

If there is still a problem then address it in a way that's constructive.. don't just drag up old shit to throw it out there again.

------

Response to SlayerAngel's last post to me: If my words are not warranted, then guess what, yours aren't either.  Neither of us has any pull in this discussion.  It really bothered me you saying that.  I may disagree with people but it doesn't stop me from still listening to what they have to say and valuing it.  I may say, "You're wrong in my opinion," but never, "You don't have a right to speak up or have your own opinion."

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #113 on: 2007 July 23, 02:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SlayerAngel"
Oh please people it's only a few people who shut down their site. But why are we attacking a free creator. I thought this was PAYSITES must be destroyed, not free creators must be destroyed.

I also think it's a little funny that nobody attacked HP when she did something similar. She was planning to stop creating altogether.

Creating custom content is not just a walk in the park. It's hard shit, it takes less time to make barbecue ribs then to create a mesh. When people bitched at Kathy about the inSimenator did she have a right to get pissy? Absolutely, it took Eric almost 2 1/2 years to make that mod. He could've done many other things with his time but he did it for us. And Solander is sharing his high quality content. The meshes don't have glitches, no gaps or bleeding through walls, no sky high poly counts, and most of all he actually listens to you if you *respectfully* point out an error. Criticism like this makes creators want to stop sharing.

Who criticized Corinne (aka MissDirtyNapalm) when she stated that all the fire she gets from whiny children made her want to pull all her uploads and stop creating? Nobody. Nobody criticized HP either. I just think closing down the site for a while is Solander's way of making a wake-up call.

Point is, we want free creators to keep making wonderful content for us. He even stated that he wasn't attacking us or SFV. He just said that even though charging money for content may be wrong the movement may have given people the idea the creators are completely obligated to them. And they're not.

PS: I also remember HP's post being just as angry if not more than Solander's.

It's funny. As a Creator (oooh...swanky!) I never get the kind of feedback these folks seem to get. It might be because I don't have a guestbook and my comments section requires that you register a real return email address. I put my creations out there for people to use, and I count the number of downloads to judge how much people like them. I have no wish to take requests, no need to accept plaudits or complaints, nor even communicate with the 12 year olds at all.

As far as the Germans getting their knickers in a twist, we all know that they are some of the worst offenders when it comes to pay sites. And they know we like their contemporary furnishings. But seriously. If they disappear, would the sim-world come to a standstill? They seem to take themselves very seriously, don't they? The sensible ones will continue to be sensible, I am sure. No worries here!  :wink:

Still watching you guys
FartyJuan
Landlubber

Farty Tree

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #114 on: 2007 July 23, 03:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was ist das?  Von was, ich verstehe nicht.        Logik fallt aus.  Bedauere! Mein Deutsch ist rostig und nicht so gut.

What's this?  What, I don't understand, logic fails.    Sorry! My German is rusty and not so good.

(and here I'm for the fail or I would've continued auf Deutsch, "I don't think this is a paysite-supporter thing, it looks like a lemming thing - in German.")
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #115 on: 2007 July 23, 04:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone stop to think maybe paysites have their little minions running around putting nasty stuff in freesite's guestbooks to cause conflict? Pretending to be pirates? After what happened to Delphy, Kate, etc....I for one wouldn't put it past them for one minute. If freesite creators are thinking it's pirates, there is a reason...

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
TheVanity
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #116 on: 2007 July 23, 04:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just me or some German pay sites closed in "protest" because the money isn't "flowing"?
Let's see how ridiculous it is

1) A paysite closed because people were discussing the legality of pay sites. Guess freedom of speech isn't desirable when it is not in your favor.
2) They punish everybody in the community for the "immoral act" of some. How fair.

Guess they aren't here for the community aspect of the game or for the glee of having a hobby. This whole boycott has no other goals than give pirates a bad name and force people give them money or else. Really, could it get any more fucked up?

And this, the whole boycott, happen because we (i use the term loosely, as I, myself, haven't done anything relevant) dared to discuss the issue; because we gave people alternatives. Evil? Unfair? And how do you(they) call holding content -  that should be free and a fucking hobby - for ransom? How do you(they) call this fucking hypocrisy? ZOMG THEY ARE EEVUL AND BAD TO ARTISTZ when in fact the case is FUCK, THE BASTARDS ARE RUINING MY BUSINESS?

Hypocrisy makes me nauseous. :x

quot;I'm just pretending to be a poser"
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #117 on: 2007 July 23, 05:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"

... "Thank me now you ungrateful people" ...

I love, love, LOVE this line. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #118 on: 2007 July 23, 06:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll reserve judgement for now, but really, there are just too many coincidences here. This is very obviously a coordinated effort but it's not like we know much more than that.

It might behoove some of you to wait out the details before riding off on your dramallamas into the sunset, 'kay?
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #119 on: 2007 July 23, 06:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, you guys really aren't fair  :shock:  I went to bed when this thread was on page 3 and now?Huh

Well, a few things as I followed that thread in the German board.

I know where Kalliope is and I wonder why she does not come here with her own name. Don't hide, M!
I appreciate that Solander did. Solander, you are not our enemy, you are a freesiteowner. But I feel the discussion on Simforum went in the wrong direction. It was started as a Pay/Free discussion and then you posted about closing your site. So clearly everyone thought it was because of the pirates. You made things clear and I am happy about that  Cheesy  You are welcome!
Maybe we should all go and leave some nice comments in guestbooks  Smiley
We do not upload free content, and if there is some in the booty, please pm us and we remove it.

Some of the paysiteowners jumped on that train and removed their free content, blaming the pirates for something they wanted to do anyway. They don't want to offer free stuff, they want to be paid.
Teko will be an FA on TSR and Marilu already is. Birgit blames the Pirates for removing her free content from her site (Leaving the paystuff there). Sasilia already called us assholes... They should not be surprised no one likes them here and we will go on discussing this.

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: