PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 05:16:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.  (Read 80572 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
« Reply #90 on: 2007 September 09, 20:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ShanOw"
You can do one of two things. Believe that I'm being sincere, or think that I'm blowing hot air up your ass. Your choice.

WOW!!  that did sound pretty sincere!!  from a pirate, im impressed. In essencials, you are right and I am beggining to see where you are all coming from.

BUT, that doesn't mean that I agree.

Gee, does that seem to have the implication that I'm picking up that you don't think that a PIRATE can be sincere, that they would know what the word even means? I'm insulted. Just because they call us pirates, doesn't mean that we are without honour. Did you even BOTHER to read my fucking signature? Maybe I oughtta post the whole damn song so you can see what is really meant... *narrows eyes and decides to go get a soda and calm down before blowing her cork, she has a blog for that kind of shit*

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2007 September 09, 22:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell, ALL of the Gilbert and Sullivan operettas are about honor.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 September 09, 22:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand how

In essencials, you are right

is reconcilable with

BUT, that doesn't mean that I agree.

ShanOw
« Reply #93 on: 2007 September 10, 07:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden,
Im very sorry for what I have said. You have a right to be angry at me. I was jumping to conclusions and from now on will religeously read everyone's signature.

Yes, the site was a little out of hand and what they are saying is a bit "unbelievable" BUT, who can honestly tell me that they have never exaggerated something before in their life.

Sorry, ShanOw, but I think that if you want sympathy, show us the earnest, looking for a real solution

And whats this crap about me looking for sympathy, I posted there so-called "rebel list" and presented you with FACT about the going ons in there site. Where did I ever state that you should all feel sorry for me etc...etc...  Big deal if I don't agree with the opinion of one person.

Frankly, if the creators or even the owner of SMB wanted to stay open, they'd have found free venues and a way to work together.

I agree with this. The site should have stayed open for the public BUT I also believe that there is no point for a site to stay open if the whole community finds a way to discredit them at every mention of there name.

So, what harm is there in protecting a site I enjoyed being on, I don't see what you people make such a fuss over. Just because I liked the site doesn't mean I am a "SMB Person"
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 September 10, 08:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden,
Im very sorry for what I have said. You have a right to be angry at me. I was jumping to conclusions and from now on will religeously read everyone's signature.

Yes, the site was a little out of hand and what they are saying is a bit "unbelievable" BUT, who can honestly tell me that they have never exaggerated something before in their life.

Sorry, ShanOw, but I think that if you want sympathy, show us the earnest, looking for a real solution

And whats this crap about me looking for sympathy, I posted there so-called "rebel list" and presented you with FACT about the going ons in there site. Where did I ever state that you should all feel sorry for me etc...etc...  Big deal if I don't agree with the opinion of one person.

Frankly, if the creators or even the owner of SMB wanted to stay open, they'd have found free venues and a way to work together.

I agree with this. The site should have stayed open for the public BUT I also believe that there is no point for a site to stay open if the whole community finds a way to discredit them at every mention of there name.

So, what harm is there in protecting a site I enjoyed being on, I don't see what you people make such a fuss over. Just because I liked the site doesn't mean I am a "SMB Person"

I'm an SMB person I want it back. Wink I don't mind all the badges, etc...99.9 percent of the people over there are a great group of people, since they banned the others. So it makes up for the little things for me. I just wish Jan had nipped all this when it first started instead of making more and more rules. I think he would have been much happier, and the board wouldn't have had so many problems. I believe someone has now offered them free hosting. Hopefully they will accept the offer and return. Or at least I hope Katy and Hope return to creating.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
« Reply #95 on: 2007 September 10, 09:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "silver"

System Warning
SMB is closed now
because of:
1) no funds to pay hosting (in September)
2) not enough staff members to get the daily tasks done

This announcement will stay for 4 weeks.
If you love SMB you can do:
1) donate to help us paying the server
2) apply as volunteer for daily staff work

This announcement is paid until end of
September
, then it will disappear and our
data on the server will be deleted (uploads,
users, forums etc.), if we cannot gain
adequate volunteers for moderation and
for administration tasks and if funds cannot
be collected for server payment until the end of September.

It's September 10th and the site has been "deleted". The main site link redirects you to a generic 404 page with the url: http://www.pc-sims.com/smb/deleted.php
In my experience with hosts, they do not redirect people from the front page of a site if they remove the site due to the hosting bill not being paid. They also don't set up specific "deleted.php" pages for said redirect. The host just removes the site and you get a generic "Server Not Found" message or a generic search engine. I'm thinking the site is actually still there but hidden behind the redirect and the redirect page is named "deleted" as a "You'll lose the site/downloads if you don't take me seriously" ploy. What a load. This also leads me to believe that the site owner had a hand in all that drama that got those creators listed on the site's blacklist.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 September 10, 13:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know who they were hosted by?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 September 10, 14:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was willing to negotiate around what got on my nerves with SMB: the endless blinkie titles, huge signatures, etc. I also can play nice if that's what a board requires. Remember, leaving feedback like "this hack doesn't work or borked my game" was frowned on. SMB cut itself off from any constructive criticism like their dreadful search option, the difficult log ins and frustration at trying to find the download in the midst of distracting, pointless graphics. Their good content was buried under their lousy interface. But they really went over the top with their dramatic closing. I probably would have been willing to support them if they hadn't come off as crazy.

Don't take the confrontation you get here too seriously. The phorum is like that, people don't feel the need to sugar-coat anything. I find it refreshing, but if you're used to boards like SMB, it's probably a little shocking.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: 2007 September 10, 15:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I ask a few questions? Why does EVERY site need to have a forum connected with it? It seems as if the forums are the reasons many sites go off the air, so to speak. It is asking for trouble.

If this were MY site, I would put up the download, enable feedback on it, like Amazon.com does, and if I HAD to chat with the contributors and mods I would do it on a private forum, not open to the public. Think of the bandwidth it would save.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry has this bizarre need to "create a community." What the hell for? Most of your visitors only want the downloads.

That is why I love the Booty. No need to register...who cares who you are? And you don't have to interact with the crazies, the whiners and the demanders.

SMB would do better to become a downloads only site, and get on with their lives.

Still watching you guys
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 September 10, 17:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All that database-driven stuff certainly makes a site noticeable on the hosts' servers.  Hosting with "unlimited" bandwidth and disk space usually does not offer unlimited processor and database server capacity to match.  You can't beat good old html pages for slipping beneath your hosting radar.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 2007 September 10, 18:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quorneater"
Does anyone know who they were hosted by?

I have Stefen's email addy if that helps any? But I think you could get that on the first notice. He's the one that started the board.

Duckie your right, they enabled them to act the way they did and continue in making more drama. They weren't part of it in any other way trust me, I was there. But, they cuddled and cooed them everytime there was something they didn't like, that they demanded be changed. Whenever, things didn't go their way. Another rule, another rule, too keep them happy. This rule changed, that rule changed and on and on. Even if it made everyone else unhappy. I thought women liked Drama till I joined the Sims community. Seems to me every major drama that has gone on has a couple women and the rest are men. Look at the Save the Sims community. We have Greg, Mikey, Thomas, Josh, Suzy and Lyric Lee. On SMB it was 2 men David and Guitar. On Insim Squinge, Beos, Greg. Notice a pattern here Greg. I wouldn't be surprised to find out later that Guitar or David was in fact Greg. Like spoiled children, I want it my way. If I can't get it my way, I'll just cause drama and reek havoc. I'm not saying we women don't have our share of drama as well, our's is usually on the nutty side, but nothing like what these men have caused and I don't understand that at all. Then look what happens when the nuttiest women meet up with the most power hungry men in the community. All they need is Jan over on Save the Sims and the funny farm will be complete. I hope Josh gets himself out of that mess, I really like him, even when he's being a pain. But I think like Worship he's allowed himself to get caught up in it.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2007 September 10, 19:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All eyes on..............................SNARKY!  

You put one toe out of line Snarky, as one of the only guys to come here consistently, and I'll have you.  Cheesy

Actually, I think it's only usually the arrogant chauvinists who get into the drama.  They see the need to shepherd this community of women around as if we were 2 year olds, who need to be potty trained - that's why they all grate us so damn much - it's the condescending old fart taking your elbow and pointing you towards where he wants you to be.  :x

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
simminggramma
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2007 September 11, 03:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a few of Katy's things in my game--they suited my purposes.  But, like the poster on SFV, I went to MTS2 to maybe pick up a few more items and found this on every one of her downloads that I checked:

Empty tread. Delete that. You all didn't deserved anything.

Talk about having a fit and taking your toys and going home! Though I never corresponded with her directly, she reallly didn't seem like that kind of a person in the posts I read of hers.

That comment was just downright rude and belittled every simmer who ever downloaded anything of hers.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 September 11, 04:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "simminggramma"
I have a few of Katy's things in my game--they suited my purposes.  But, like the poster on SFV, I went to MTS2 to maybe pick up a few more items and found this on every one of her downloads that I checked:

Talk about having a fit and taking your toys and going home! Though I never corresponded with her directly, she reallly didn't seem like that kind of a person in the posts I read of hers.

That comment was just downright rude and belittled every simmer who ever downloaded anything of hers.

She did all that in July, I believe? Not just on MTS2, but everyplace she posted. Went through her posts and put that up. She worded it wrong, from her translation. She never meant it how it sounded. That was when she asked if some people would be willing to create some things exclusively for SMB. If people would be willing to say that their things could stay on SMB if or when they left in a section for retired creators. It was mostly so those that wanted to learn wouldn't have to try and search out a creator to get a link to a mesh. If they recolored it. Or if they went to a paysite, the mesh would still be free for those on SMB, etc...etc. Then got a whole lot of drama because she was still posting on other sites. So she said she would remove all her things from other websites and create exclusively for SMB. That if she left her things could stay on SMB and she wouldn't create for any other website. It kinda defeated the purpose of what she was trying to do, which was keep others from packing up their toys and going home. But got accused of not wanting to do it herself because she was still posting on other sites. So then when she does, it ends up her doing that to other sites, which caused even more drama. A vicious circle. ShanOw or Armywife can correct me here if I have the dates wrong, but I believe that's when she did that and why. Like I said they tried too hard to appease people, and it caused more harm than good in the end as we can now see.

redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2007 September 11, 04:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "simminggramma"

That is beyond childish and stupid. Good riddance is all I can say.

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
She worded it wrong, from her translation. She never meant it how it sounded.

Sorry, I'm having a hard time swallowing that. No one told her how dreadful she sounded? When you put all the pieces together, SMB was a seriously messed up site. Apparently, she pulled at least one of her creations (a taxi) after Sep 5th as this was posted on that date:

5th Sep 2007, 01:04 PM      # 94
[Thanks] KalicoKat    You have no idea how happy I am that I found this on here! *cheers wildly* I tried going back to SMB to get it, but the site is closed.

The taxi works great in the game, and it came in handy for one of my stories (in a challenge).

Katy, you're one of my favorite creators, and thanks for all the time, effort and attention you put into your wonderful creations.

Her last activity was on Sep 7th.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: