PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 05:18:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.  (Read 80572 times)
rebecah
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
Re: Have a bottle of rum!
« Reply #135 on: 2007 September 14, 22:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "carolus"
Hello Rebecah,is it you?Becky from the valley?In this case,I offer you a bottle of rum!

Hi Carolus,

Yep it's me.

Thanks Carolus!

ost of my creations can be found
here:
some are here:
and here
Smithycpl
Landlubber

View Profile
The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
« Reply #136 on: 2007 September 15, 01:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all let me just say i am very unhappy that Jan or whoever did this made this blacklist.
I am even more unhappy about the fact that my name is in it, but i do want to say a few words here about why i left there!

Let's start with the begin.
I was a creator at MTS2 and i was the one who asked Katy_76 if she was interested to create together with me.
I saw her stuff there and i really wanted to mesh for her, but she declined very politely at first.
After a month she pm'd me to ask me to join her site and become a creator and team leader for the creators there.
I visited the site and said yes to join under the condition that her and i would work together.
She agreed with that and so we started creating together.
Most of the time we talked by pm's there but i asked her to put up a msn account, and we chatted daily with each other.
More and more we grew towards each other and at one point we did became emotionally involved and had a crush for one another.
I think regulars at pc-sims did noticed this in the way we posted on the site to each other, but she did asked me to try to keep it a secret.
For her it wasn't that hard but for me it sure was, because i did wanted the whole world to know.

Something nobody can deny is the fact that i did putted all my energy in that site, aswell as Katy did, but somehow that wasn't enough for Nattymarvel who was admin, he started to see troublemakers everywhere and asked me to become the forumadmin and check out everyone and every uploaded content.
I declined at first but then Katy asked me to do it, so i did started to make many checks there.
I suddenly didn't had time anymore to create and was full time reading every post and checking every content that was posted there.
Still Natty was growing more and more paranoid and YES i do am responsible for him leaving.
But the way it happened was beyond imagination.
Someone who was close to Katy and Natty because they knew each other privately also, had uploaded some content with Maxis copyrighted material in it, so i deleted that upload.
That made that creator/staff member leave and Natty was so mad he left also.
But he didn't leave before formating the entire site.
Luckely for us we had a backup on the server and where able to regain most what was lost, but still needed a new admin who knew how to code.
After 2 days sponsor Stephan found Jan Deni and he was able to put us back online a week later.
I was demoted to again team leader because i made Natty leave and wasn't happy about that at all, but i did accepted it.
After that Katy and i started to create again together but things weren't the same anymore as before.
I did became again a forum admin there, by working hard for that site and i gained bit by bit again Katy's thrust in me.
But after a while Jan Deni also started to get so paranoid just like Natty did and i even still to this date believe that he and Natty are the same person.
He made me again do so many checks on people and the content that was uploaded, just like before and even worse.

Yes they did on SMB had ridiculous rules, most i never agreed with, but i had accepted them because i didn't want to loose Katy.
Yes we only featured what was exclusively uploaded on SMB only.
Yes we did made life uneasy for the ones who made sometimes a mistake by sending pm's in rude ways.
But i can assure u i never fully 100% backed them and i guess i was the only one who questioned sometimes our rules and the way of acting towards offenders.
Questioning the way our admin and rules worked doesn't make me a bad person i think.
I think that went out of hand and a few suddenly turned against me.
I had the option to stay there as a normal creator and Katy would never work with me again or simply leave.
I chosen the 2nd one and left immediately.
I also sended a pm on MTS2 towards Daisies to ask her if i could reregister at MTS2 under another name there and explained her why.
She agreed and even tho Smithycpl still exists on MTS2 i now do create under another name (i will not say what name it is to avoid pm's there).

Why and what happened in the meantime on SMB and why they closed i don't really know because i never visited that site anymore.
I just joined here because a friend of mine told me that my name was on a blacklist that was spreaded by SMB through e-mails.
Normally i would not even think about posting this here but if they write such lies about me and others then i feel i have a right to reply.

Writing this reply hurts me much more as u can imagine, and i am sure i will get angry replies and mails for it but i don't care.
I hoped even to never use the name Smithycpl ever again but this blacklist just made me so furious that i had to say this.
I see so many names on that list that where friends, top creators and ex-staff members and seeing them being made bad, just makes me sick to my stomach.

Also a reason i wanted to post in short my story here is not to clear myself but those other names on that list from any wrongdoing.
Spreading such a list shows the true nature of a person, and i think strongly that the end of SMB is triggered by a few things.
- Money: We always had trouble with the costs because the database was so huge and bandwide was really big.
- Jan Deni: because he was so paranoid and wanted staff members check everything and every content all the time 24/24.
He also banned many people there for very small violations.
I think staff after a while gets tired and leaves one at a time.

Now all of that said, i did loved that site and Katy and i did had many great times there, but even more there where days that i simply hated myself for doing what they asked.
I do hope for Katy that SMB returns but i do hope it happens with a nice admin and not one who sees hackers, spammers and troublemakers in everyone.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: 2007 September 15, 01:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what? We don't know anything about another site's "blacklist" or whatever you call it. This site and these people just have no reason to have an interest in that sort of thing.

Sure, we gossip, but we're up front about it. We don't harass people or send them PMs, or ban or do anything underhanded.

Please read the FAQs for a more coherent explanation of what we do here. And welcome aboard.

You are warned, however, that we are NOT gentle with Newbies, and don't deal well with people who are delicate and sensitive. Develop a thick skin if you plan to linger here. We don't pull our punches. But we're tons of fun!

Have some rum, me hearty!

Still watching you guys
Smithycpl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2007 September 15, 01:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"
You know what? We don't know anything about another site's "blacklist" or whatever you call it. This site and these people just have no reason to have an interest in that sort of thing.

Sure, we gossip, but we're up front about it. We don't harass people or send them PMs, or ban or do anything underhanded.

Please read the FAQs for a more coherent explanation of what we do here. And welcome aboard.

You are warned, however, that we are NOT gentle with Newbies, and don't deal well with people who are delicate and sensitive. Develop a thick skin if you plan to linger here. We don't pull our punches. But we're tons of fun!

Maybe i didn't explain myself full, sorry about that, but someone posted in this thread in a reply that blacklist but i am not saying u guys supported that list! Smiley
I only replied here my experience at that site because a few here where also members there and where even in staff, i only said my part of it all and i do hope that people who read it don't judge those names immediately on what is written in that list, because 90% in it is way out of proportion and untrue.

I do have a thick skin so don't worry. Wink
rebecah
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: 2007 September 15, 01:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"

Please see this:
http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/viewtopic.php?p=53924&highlight=#53924

The black list is on the top of that page!

here:
some are here:
and here
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: 2007 September 15, 01:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, and we had no idea why we got to see that blacklist. I don't think we asked for it (well, the Royal We didn't...maybe someone did).

We're just the audience for this drama...kinda like the Jan drama happeining over in the Main Street thread.

You know, I think we should offer popcorn with every membership. This is better than television.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
I had to add the A to caramel
« Reply #141 on: 2007 September 15, 02:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Yeah, and we had no idea why we got to see that blacklist. I don't think we asked for it (well, the Royal We didn't...maybe someone did).

We're just the audience for this drama...kinda like the Jan drama happeining over in the Main Street thread.

You know, I think we should offer popcorn with every membership. This is better than television.

I like extra butter movie time popcorn or some melted caramel on mine please.

Smithy, everyone knew you and Katy were involved, you'd have to be blind not to notice it. Even if you all tried to keep it private. I never posted that little bit of information here because I figured it was none of my business. Plus, I hadn't realized you had left till Katy made the official announcement. But, I never witnessed you bothering/harassing anyone and I believe I said that? If not, I'll say it. I never witnessed it. I think your not the only one either that thinks Jan is the exact same administrator that left. I too believe they are one in the same. Everyday a new rule. Everything monitored. It got to where we couldn't even edit our own posts. The exact same way it was with the previous super administrator. Everything was spam, no matter what you said.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
ShanOw
« Reply #142 on: 2007 September 15, 03:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

smithy, im very sorry that i posted that thread, someone in the thread on the page before asked who was on the blacklist so I just went right ahead and posted it without thinking of the consequences. I didn't realise that It could be untrue and cause such a disturbance in the community. If it is so scandalous I will be happy to remove it. Just let me know.

ps. I was an active member on the board just after you left smithy. (I fact i joined on the same date you retired) I just wanted to say that your name was never didcredited and all of the members there held you in high esteem.

And, yes, I do believe that Mabo Overseer and Jan were the same person but o-one ever mentioned it. I really didn't want to piss Jan off as I was in his "good books" and aspired to succeed on SMB.
rebecah
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 2007 September 15, 04:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ShanOw"
And, yes, I do believe that Mabo Overseer and Jan were the same person but o-one ever mentioned it. I really didn't want to piss Jan off as I was in his "good books" and aspired to succeed on SMB.

I personally believe that Jan Deni was Katy.  It only makes sense if you really think about it and knew the wording etc that went on in PM's.  

I am actually glad you posted it ShawnOw now we know what's being said behind our backs.  The list is a creation of a very demented individual and to treat creators the way SMB did was demented.  

I remember when Katy stole work by KevinsHope and WorshipForever no one said a word about it.  Maybe some of you remember the bench by worship and table.  The seats were by KevinsHope,  Katy just did a change in the corner bench and claimed the whole set as her own.  When I saw her post that as her own work I knew what I'd heard about her was true.  I kept waiting for someone to say something but not a word was ever said.

KevinsHope and WorshipForever were also a good creator that Katy lost for very strange reasons.

Ok I've wasted enough of my time on this topic.

ShanOw aspire to succeed in your own eyes forget losers like those at SMB.

here:
some are here:
and here
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: 2007 September 15, 04:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "rebecah"

On the contrary, I don't think you've wasted enough time on the topic. Please, waste more!

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
rebecah
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2007 September 15, 04:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Duckie"

On the contrary, I don't think you've wasted enough time on the topic. Please, waste more!

:lol: I do have to say that your message is a purfect.  You have me laughing so hard I can hardly type me response.  I gotta get some sleep.

Thanks so much for the laugh Duckie!

here:
some are here:
and here
Smithycpl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2007 September 15, 06:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"

Smithy, everyone knew you and Katy were involved, you'd have to be blind not to notice it. Even if you all tried to keep it private. I never posted that little bit of information here because I figured it was none of my business. Plus, I hadn't realized you had left till Katy made the official announcement. But, I never witnessed you bothering/harassing anyone and I believe I said that? If not, I'll say it. I never witnessed it. I think your not the only one either that thinks Jan is the exact same administrator that left. I too believe they are one in the same. Everyday a new rule. Everything monitored. It got to where we couldn't even edit our own posts. The exact same way it was with the previous super administrator. Everything was spam, no matter what you said.

U know at one point it drove me almost crazy, i thought i was the only one who believed he was the same.
When i left i know that Svetlanka was a good friend of Katy and Jan and when i read now what they say about her i just can't believe how things can turn around so quickly.
Yes everything was spam and almost every new member was either Abstractsimmer or Dollface in his eyes.
At first when i left there i was broken but soon i realized how happy i became, still i do miss the community that i helped to build, i do miss many members there.
But i sure ain't missing the endless discussions with Jan/Natty over memberchecks and so called bad members.

smithy, im very sorry that i posted that thread, someone in the thread on the page before asked who was on the blacklist so I just went right ahead and posted it without thinking of the consequences. I didn't realise that It could be untrue and cause such a disturbance in the community. If it is so scandalous I will be happy to remove it. Just let me know.

ps. I was an active member on the board just after you left smithy. (I fact i joined on the same date you retired) I just wanted to say that your name was never didcredited and all of the members there held you in high esteem.

Don't be sorry!
I rather know it then that this would have stayed behind my back.
No need to remove it for me.

I personally believe that Jan Deni was Katy.  It only makes sense if you really think about it and knew the wording etc that went on in PM's.  

I does make sense but i never wanted to look at that far, but i did had a feeling that they where in the same room most of the time. Wink
Let's just say that there was a strong believe in myself that they where lovers, or man and wife, or roomies, i don't know.

I am actually glad you posted it ShawnOw now we know what's being said behind our backs.  The list is a creation of a very demented individual and to treat creators the way SMB did was demented.  

Same for me, i am also happy u posted that list.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2007 September 15, 06:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what I believed. I thought Jan/Natty whoever he is today and Katy were married. That's why Smithy and Katy kept it hush hush. But you could tell. When Jan came along they were instant buddies always together, etc...which is another reason I thought Jan had been the same administrator just under another name. When Katy announced Smithy had left I thought oh oh here comes the drama they were caught together. But there wasn't any. Maybe I have an overactive imagination. lol

Had to edit to add after reading Smithy's post:

Quote from: "Smithycpl"
U know at one point it drove me almost crazy, i thought i was the only one who believed he was the same.
When i left i know that Svetlanka was a good friend of Katy and Jan and when i read now what they say about her i just can't believe how things can turn around so quickly. Yes everything was spam and almost every new member was either Abstractsimmer or Dollface in his eyes.
At first when i left there i was broken but soon i realized how happy i became, still i do miss the community that i helped to build, i do miss many members there. But i sure ain't missing the endless discussions with Jan/Natty over memberchecks and so called bad members.

Everyone thought that, but I think everyone was afraid to say anything in public. I wrote and asked Jan out and out, but he never answered my PM. I also wrote to him about all the new rules. He never answered that PM either so he probably thought I was going to turn into a trouble maker. lol

Quote from: "Smithycpl"
I does make sense but i never wanted to look at that far, but i did had a feeling that they where in the same room most of the time. Wink Let's just say that there was a strong believe in myself that they where lovers, or man and wife, or roomies, i don't know.

Apparently your not the only one that thought that either. I had to edit my post when I read this part! That's exactly what I thought as well. Wink

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
ShanOw
« Reply #148 on: 2007 September 15, 08:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ShanOw aspire to succeed in your own eyes forget losers like those at SMB.

Thanks for that, It's hard to believe that I wasted hours every day replying to every thread that was ever posted on SMB. I was so blinded by all of the fairy-floss coated compliments from all of the "kind" people.

I will still miss SMB, But now I realise just how stupid it was. If it ever returns I will never be an active member, just a downloader. (not that there will be anything to download without katy)

ps. Does anyone want to join my site, I feel its better to aspire on a site which is run by someone "normal"  Its called www.sims2luxury.com
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2007 September 15, 08:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ps. Does anyone want to join my site, I feel its better to aspire on a site which is run by someone "normal" Its called www.sims2luxury.com

Nice site, looks like you have it set up for a little of everything. So count me in Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: