PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 00:34:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.  (Read 80566 times)
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
« Reply #105 on: 2007 September 11, 04:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
She did all that in July, I believe?

Nope. She did that 3 days ago:

Quote from: "Katy_76"
Posted 27th May 2006 at 05:08 PM - Updated 7th Sep 2007 at 07:05 PM by Katy_76

You can see that first hand here.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007 September 11, 05:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gag. I hope she stays gone. She's right: we don't deserve her.

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007 September 11, 05:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Duckie"
Quote from: "HawkGirl"
She did all that in July, I believe?

Nope. She did that 3 days ago:

Posted 27th May 2006 at 05:08 PM - Updated 7th Sep 2007 at 07:05 PM by Katy_76

You can see that first hand here.

Oh wow, your right. So then what did she delete when she was doing all that talk about asking people to create some things exclusively for SMB. She said she was going to do that then. There was even a big post about it in her section. That she was only going to create for SMB, if she left SMB she wasn't going to create for any other site, etc...they even asked all of us to promise the same thing. That we would never ask SMB to remove our things, and if we would be willing to create some things just for SMB. This means she did all that when SMB went down. I never would have pegged Katy for acting like that, and why is she blaming MTS2 for what happened? They had nothing to do with it. That is not the way to get/gain support for SMB. Thank you Duckie, I would have gone on believing she did all that back in July? when she said she was going too. She won't get my support anymore, if that's the way she feels.

ETA: I just checked on Hope, she hasn't posted anything there since Aug, so I got the dates right. I wonder if she's going to delete all her stuff next and leave a nasty gram.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
ShanOw
« Reply #108 on: 2007 September 11, 07:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before the closing of SMB, Katy actually retired from creating. She said she will no longer give to the community. As for hope, She hasn't posted anywhere lately but I have seen her on Exnem.

Katy left SMB so I don't think she gives a crap about the site. She is probably just pissed off at the whole community
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007 September 11, 08:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever she may have said one time about her stuff only being for SMB she's hardly likely to feel the same way now she's stormed off from the site.   I can believe she's taken her toys away altogether, but I can't believe she still feels she would like us to have them from SMB exclusively.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
ShanOw
« Reply #110 on: 2007 September 11, 08:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey, If SMB never comes back would it be possible to set up a Katy_76 booty. I know its not the point of this site but it is still a worthy cause.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2007 September 11, 08:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's for sims 2 graveyard - not the booty.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007 September 11, 10:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Anubis"

But I cannot agree with comments about Katy. Yes, she did delete her work from MTS but after how she was treated and what she received from the people she trusted most everyone here will do the same.

First, I'm sorry Katy went through so much. I do sympathize with that.

However, if you are saying that almost anyone would do what she did at MTS2, deleting her creations and insulting the entire community, I vehemently disagree. I've been caught up in web drama before myself, and I know it's not pretty. I've learned how to avoid it (I hope). But even when I was the most insulted and hurt, it never even occurred to me to delete anything I had made. Nor did I ever start thinking that everyone in a community was rotten, or that they all deserved to be insulted the way Katy insulted everyone with that post at MTS2. Her issues weren't even with MTS2 in the first place.

I understand leaving a community, deciding not to create for it, deciding not to deal with it any longer. I do not understand taking all your toys and going home in a hugely insulting dramatic gesture. When someone does something like that, I think they were way too caught up in a virtual "community" based on a game. Leaving was probably the best move for Katy, but I cannot pretend to approve of the way she did it.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 2007 September 11, 11:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I cannot agree with comments about Katy. Yes, she did delete her work from MTS but after how she was treated and what she received from the people she trusted most everyone here will do the same. I cannot say what really happened but it was not at all pretty and very scary. People who did it knew she is fragile, very ill person and her shell won't hold that.

I can.  The people at SMB did something nasty, and so she punishes the whole sims community by leaving them nasty messages when they go to find a mesh?  Not cool.

I would think that everyone else is just as unforgiving here - anyone from this phorum that ventures elsewhere is vilified beyond belief.  I don't like being called a liar, thief, destroyer, unethical, morally bankrupt, hero wannabes, cocky, hypocritical, witch-hunting harridans, bully, harasser, disgusting, conspirator and sheep - many times by free creators who are the nastiest bastards.  

There is not one person here who hasn't be vilified, just for their beliefs.  Nouk doesn't even fileshare, and some of these epithets were directed at her.  And if you've noticed, there are plenty of creators here who haven't pulled their content.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 2007 September 11, 12:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with making a big stinking production about leaving the Sims community, is that it makes it awfully difficult to return when you have changed your mind. This Katy could have more easily just faded away. Stop posting everywhere and stop uploading your files. Simple and neat. Then when you have gotten over your childish snit, you can come back and everyone will be glad to see you. Going all over the place and deleting your posts and leaving nasty messages in their place is childish. In fact, if she wanted to delete all her content from sites, the message she should have left was, "Retired. Thanks."

Still watching you guys
Petunia Mae Witherbottom
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 September 11, 13:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can only speak of what I experienced at SMB.

Shortly after joining SMB I was uploading some houses.  One lot in particular was rejected because of violation of cc items.  I disagreed with the mods and tried to prove my case.

It was here, in my opinion, where SMB was not run well by Jan Deni.  I talked directly with Jan, in several conversations via messenger.  I gently tried to prove that the cc in my house is OK to share and gave him links to prove that.  He has to go by what his mods decide and I respect that, but what I didn't respect is he admitted to me he was afraid to approach them with anything that might make them unhappy.

In the end, I relented and did not pursue the issue.  I was happy that the same lot with all the same content was approved at MTS2.

A few weeks later Katy pmed me and on behalf of SMB she apologized for any trouble and if I would immediately upload that same house with the same cc she would approve it now.

I gained a lot of respect for Katy after that, and to me it looks like she is another victim here.  I feel sorry for Jan and tried to help him, but folks, I never was impressed at the way he tries to deal with things.

I am also active on another website where some banned SMB members are, and non-banned.  Because of Jan's rules, we have had to be very careful of anything we say on that site...that's where "housing rebels" and "staffing mutiny" etc come in.

There are sooooooo many great people I got to meet over there, but it makes me wonder...when everyone else left or was banned, what was their beef?  I only know what Jan told me, and that makes me wonder more.

Before the site closed I would go there every couple of days just to see if there were any new rules or ridiculous accusations that were posted.

Another member tried to upload something there, and was rejected because of violations of cc.  (Rightly so.)  But instead of acting in a mature manner, this member raged and now is banned.  And, from what I understand, because she mentioned names in her rage, those members whose names were mentioned were also banned, and then new rules were posted at SMB to justify the bannings.

If SMB re-opens, I know I will not be welcome there anymore because of this posting.  I'm very sorry that Jan, who was running SMB, is having such a hard life, but really, he has no one to blame for all this mess except himself.  I tried to help him and that's why I didn't boycott them as asked by friends.  The whole thing saddens me, and always has.  Yesterday I reread the conversations I had with Jan, and am hoping and praying he will find happiness and that the other members can reunite.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2007 September 11, 13:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been on staff at many forums and the one thing that people forget is that everyone thinks differently and deals with things in different ways.
If you have 50 mods on a board, all of those people are going to think that certain things should be approved/whatever and it will be different from the next guy.
In order to own a forum and run it the way YOU want it run, you have to do all the shit yourself.
If you can't handle it, then a site would have been a much better idea.
It seems to me that Katy should have closed the forum and just opened a nice free site. Then all the strife caused by "mutiny" and whatnot would have been solved.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007 September 11, 14:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being "fragile" is often a manipulative ploy. People sometimes use this, not even realizing what they are doing. Everyone has to walk on eggshells, fluctuating between rage and pity.

I'm sorry Katy and Jan had trouble in their lives, but everyone has trouble. The internet is not the best place to work out these problems. You don't get excused when you throw a tantrum and insult people because your life is hard. Katy has burned her bridges for a while. She could have left without doing that.

Enforced niceness is death to a forum. When you aren't a strong leader, others fill the vacuum. Add to that a language barrier and poor web design that frustrates users, and disaster is inevitable.
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007 September 11, 14:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I can understand why Katy would be hurt. It is no fun when you do something nice for a group of people and several of them bitch, moan, nitpick and stab you in the back. It doesn't matter whether it's Sims-related or not. No one likes that.

I can understand that she is sensitive. So am I, to an extent. (If I were TOO sensitive, I'd better not be here, of all places!)

But one thing I learned waaaaaaaaaay before the Internet was even a reality in most peoples' homes, one my mother told me, one many peoples' mothers and fathers told them, was that before you lash out at people who never should be on the receiving end of your anger, take a walk. A nice long bath. A break. A vacation. Count to ten again. And again. And again.

I can understand her anger. I can understand her hurt. But she has no right to swipe at innocent people who had nothing to do with the conflict. Being hurt does NOT give her a "get out of jail free card".

Many people did really like her creations. I know I enjoyed seeing what she came up with next. I did thank her, and posted posts expressing my appreciation for what she did. So many others did, too. While she is storming against those who hurt her ... and I don't know of people who wouldn't be ... she should remember those who did really like her mods, and responded with tact and gratefulness.

She might have wanted to follow Kathy's classy lead at Insimenator. Kathy has told people there that she is fed up with certain BS there, and needs to take a break from Insim. NO "royal flouncing". No snits. No "take my toys and go home" attitude. Just an honest, heartfelt, undramatic, simple declaration: "I need a break. I'm not quitting. But I need a rest from all this".

Note the responses to her post, as opposed to the responses here. People can understand that if someone is truly pissing you off, you are not going to want anything to do with them for a while. But tarring everyone with the same brush? Is that acceptable behavior in other cultures?

I agree with those who still say that it might have been prudent for Katy to just take a long break, leaving a short, but not nasty message. Staying away from SMB, since it seemed to have been causing her a lot of stress, and one does not need that much stress in one's life. Then after a break, perhaps quietly sneaking a mod or two onto Inism or MTS2 or Dinnerbell. She would probably be received with lots of fanfare from true appreciators of her work. Now, people are just stunned and hurt.

I just hope that one day, she can let go of the anger and get back to participating in the Sims community for the fun of it. It seems that there has been a lot less fun all around as of late. Sad
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007 September 11, 15:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest I don't feel like she insulted me by deleting her stuff and I'm part of the community as well and share my few creations freely with everybody.
Maybe she should take a break, deal with things differently...that's all maybe. We can only speculate what should be done properly and how we think we would behave in that situation...until similar or worse situation strikes us and many times people find they will baheave completely opposite to the way they were vowing to do things before. That's human nature and I partly speak from my own experience.

That's true everyone has problems - I have very serious ones myself - and I really don't know how I would behave in her situation, maybe I will do the same, maybe something opposite. That is why I don't judge her or anyone else.

She didn't insult everyone by removing her posts, she insulted everyone by saying:

Empty tread. Delete that. You all didn't deserved anything.

Direct link: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=160785&goto=lastpost

She could have done what Kathy did, said she needed a break and left her stuff in place. (Best choice)

She could have done what Squinge did and pulled everything. (Better than what she did) It would have ended up in the Sims Graveyard, everyone would have rolled their eyes, but not been as angry as they are now.

She chose to slap all her supporters in the face. All her things will end up in the Sims Graveyard anyway and it will be a long time before she is welcome in the community again.

ETA: She seems to have removed her posts entirely now. Hopefully she realized that it wasn't a good idea to insult everyone. She also disabled her PM's. I shudder to think what kind of angry stuff she was getting there. I hope she pulls herself together. It's probably best for her emotional state to leave in any case.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: