PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 11:09:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  So it begins... Or something slightly less dramatic
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Yes?  (Voting closed: 2007 February 11, 20:36:46)
Yes! - 145 (89.5%)
No. - 3 (1.9%)
Bwha? - 14 (8.6%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So it begins... Or something slightly less dramatic  (Read 22982 times)
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
So it begins... Or something slightly less dramatic
« Reply #15 on: 2007 February 12, 05:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great, I hope people follow your lead.  Cheesy
Cherry Lips
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 February 12, 08:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. I hate it when I find a good outfit and I can't get the mesh, because it's from a site that has closed or something.
Emma
Goopy Lover
ARR!

All Pescados Suck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 February 12, 08:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish more creators would do this too! Treasure hunts are not my thing :lol:
Stephsim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 February 12, 10:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is a great thing you have done!
I've always liked your site, this makes it even more awesome.
Keep up the good work!  Cheesy
flyingpigeon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 February 12, 12:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Marhis"
Rah! Rah! Rah!

Wow... TSR moment. *runs*

I think it would also be a cool concept if someone decided to make edits to peoples textures, like skintones. Some of my favorite skintones (Peggy and Enayla) are 'uneditable' and I've done plenty of recolors of them that I'd love to share, but never could. This applies more to Peggy, since she is pay... of course if Enayla ever returns and sells out to TSR or something, then I'd feel more like sharing recolors.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 February 12, 13:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I can tell you that some people have done recolors of pay textures and other things but are unable to share them elsewhere for whatever reason.

If anyone wants to do anything of that nature here (edits, whatever), I'll be happy to put them up in the booty. Smiley
Bluebottle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 February 12, 18:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is absolutly brilliant. I *hate* searching for meshes, I usually don't even bother to download clothes if I have to get a mesh from anywhere, so thank you.

That said, I deleted the two tsr hair meshes you recoloured, after seeing the way the meshes looked in game. Ick. Not even better textures endeared them to me.
BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 February 12, 19:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a great idea.  I have seen a few others change their policies on mesh inclusion with downloads.  I'm glad to see you do this too.

I have included some meshes myself in a few items but sometimes I worry about getting "caught" and I don't want to get the site(s) into any trouble with the mesh owners.  LOL

I hope you don't get any shit from mesh owners for doing this.

I'm an asshole in real life too, so now what?

Visit Pirate friendly Sim~Antics
simplystella
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 February 12, 19:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know.
While I myself hate to upload stuff on my site without the meshes, and I try my best to use only meshes that are redistributable, I wouldn't redistribute someone elses work if that's against their policy.
I always try to follow and respect other creators (free or pay) policies, even if I don't approve them, even if I think they're wrong.

I'm not trying to say you're disrespectful or anything, and, yep, rules are there to be infringed, but, if everyone start to follow only his own rules or only the rules he/she approve, that would be anarchy, even on internet.
Anarchy looked super cool when I was a 16een years old punk-rocker ;P, but isn't in fact *that* great.

On the other side, when I download something and then I have to go look trough 100.000 other sites to download the meshes, I get quite annoyed.

So, I don't know. So far I've always thought that giving accurate directions to download off-site meshes is fine. As far as I know you're the first to have this all-meshes-included policy.

url=http://www.starsims.net]starsims[/url]
simplystella
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 February 12, 19:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Completly excluding pay meshes) Except for Peggy, and a handful of creators at MTS2 (with the addition of the "no sharing outside of MTS2 meshers :roll:) there are not many creators who have a no-mesh redistribution policy.   Helga is one that comes to mind, but I'm having difficulty thinking of many others (again, this is excluding TSR, or other pay sites and pay meshes)

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 February 12, 20:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't blame you for deleting the TSR meshes, I don't use them at all for normal gameplay. I use them mostly for pictures where you can't see that they don't actually connect right to the heads.

Anyway, I feel no guilt in sticking it to TSR and pay sites by using their meshes. I actually have written permission from Sussi to redistribute any of her pay meshes I want, just not the pay textures, and that's kind of the same tact I am taking with the others. Still, I am trying to be considerate to the creators by providing credit and links back to their sites or threads. The reason I held off going this route for so long was for those people that provided free meshes and didn't want them distributed, but lately things have just seemed to get very messy what with people moving and closing down so often.

Also Stella, I am not trying to plunge the sims community into internet anarchy... heh. I'm actually following a generally accepted code of conduct by game modders for just about every other game. Give credit and a link back or way for the original creator to be contacted and everything is kosher.

*edit* Also, pay sites are kind of dumb for not letting the meshes be redistributed in my opinion. One of the reasons SimChic has become such a popular and highly visible site is because they do allow mesh redistribution. This prompts people to check out the site that is making all the new meshes and some of them end up paying. Also, I hate having a million meshes that all look the same because some pay sites don't like to share.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 February 12, 20:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't either.  I am just having trouble thinking of "free" sites that have "no redistribution!" rules.  Elau allowed distribution of their meshes before it closed, as does Helaene (soon to close)  Did Sims Rubicon?  I don't remember.  He didn't have many useful meshes anyway.  Lots of crazy stuff though.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 February 12, 20:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the reason everyone should adopt your policy.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=165332

The mesh is no longer available.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 February 12, 20:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly TeaII. I get really frustrated when I recolour something then go to post it and the mesh had disappeared. It seems to be happening more and more often lately too.

Drew from Sims Rubicon was kind of a selfish ass when it came to his meshes and things. He said people could use them, but if he even suspected partial use of his alphas or any of his textures, then he'd throw a tantrum and demand they were removed. Eye Candy had a recolour of some of his 70s flip hair, and he created such a crap load of drama that they were pulled. Same thing happened to me on MTS2 when I did some recolours of one of his hair as a request for someone. He threw a tantrum and said that I was a thief. Luckily, I didn't care that much as I thought the hair texture was a piece of crap to begin with, I was just much to lazy to make my own for a hair I didn't even like Tongue

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
snadradeocconer
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 February 12, 20:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

liegenschonheit, i hope your a pioneer in  a new field concerning mesh distribution.

ie Pay sites Die
:
TSR
Rose Sims
Sublisims
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: