PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:53:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 911095 times)
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2145 on: 2008 December 02, 22:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit, I really would have resumed myself here in a more jollier event and such, but can't restrain myself anymore to post my two cents.

I like the taste of evil in Pescado's proposal, but I have to say I fully concur with Inge's point of view. If I could vote for option 3 more strongly with a large mace, I would do that at once.
InSim is dead, long live InSim!

Also, perhaps a silly idea, but would it be technically possible? Let's say we'll have

1) Old (backed up) Insim from Warplan Beige online, read-only - no new activity
2) Old sections (contests, chats, downloads, etc.) would link to the new ones, in new sites and servers - like e.g. Sims Oasis
3) Download files can be physically on a different server, too - you only need to put the link to download

All these sites would be physically different and differently located, but they could be sharing the same style and color-scheme, as well as the same rules, the same moderation/administration style and even the same people who actually apply.

We would have then not a simple split of a ginormous communty site in many little indipendent websites, but as a matter of fact a community "core" site with many subsections; tech guys would do their tech stuff, social guys would do their social stuff, admin types would do theyr admin stuff, creative types... and so on, you get my point.
In conclusion, I think of a physically distributed organization of the InSim community, which would still remain an "individual".

I hope all this makes some sense.

ETA: shit, THREE pages, while I wrote that!

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: 2008 December 02, 22:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a fan too. I'm sure mos of her stuff was snagged by at least a dozen different people before. It's just that she's got a right to know what's happening to the site and her stuff.

I quite agree. I'm not saying that we should put her stuff up on a new site or anything, just that it's still available through the buddy system.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2147 on: 2008 December 02, 22:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a fan too. I'm sure mos of her stuff was snagged by at least a dozen different people before. It's just that she's got a right to know what's happening to the site and her stuff.

I quite agree. I'm not saying that we should put her stuff up on a new site or anything, just that it's still available through the buddy system.

I edited my last post with a link (one of many), because I heard it was okay (desperate times and all that). Should I remove it until we hear from her?

deathtowalt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: 2008 December 02, 22:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warlokk; You were a fan of creator centred sections? Maybe the new site can have these too, but maybe more like MTS2 where you have your own "mini site" but the rest of the site is organised in categories like the game is "Genetics, Objects, Walls, etc"

Warlokk developed the entire 'bodyshape' series, all of the 3D default replacements and various 'named' shapes for our Sims , those of that use and love them, anyway. He's a huge draw to both InSIM sites and it'd be a shame to lose his volume of work even if he's been 'retired' as of late.

Also in case anyone hadn't noticed SXS2 was dying a slow death. Chris Hatch had already moved his things to ISA and was working with jokerswild producing new animation hacks and calling us homebase. Right as all of this went down Hunter240x was also in he process of moving all of their things to ISA as well.

ISA as a site could be the dominant adult themed site in the community if things are handled right.
whiterider
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: 2008 December 02, 22:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's see what happens after Warplan Beige, once the data is captured, and diplomacy is tried ($10 bucks? Love it) and Walt sticks his scrawny neck to peep out "5K! NO LESS!
I know I'm rather late here, I've been elsewhere.
But, reading Walt's post: He reckons that according to K&E's figures, and assuming the mods do an aggressive donation drive, the cost could be paid in three or four months.

(K&E figures + a bit of aggression) * 3 or 4 months...
([$3000-$500] + $500) * 4 = $12,000.

*cough*
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: 2008 December 02, 22:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I edited my last post with a link (one of many), because I heard it was okay (desperate times and all that). Should I remove it until we hear from her?

Wait, you just said that she's got a right to know what's happening to her site and her stuff, yet you're posting a link to all her stuff on MediaFire? That makes no sense to me. Whose account is that, anyway?
edited for poor spelling/grammar/whatever
« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 22:46:13 by dusdeedawn » Logged

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: 2008 December 02, 22:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We already donated enough to cover all the costs to date.  I suggest no one parts with a further penny.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2152 on: 2008 December 02, 22:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, you just said that she's got a right to know what's happening to her site and her stuff, yet you're posting a link to all her stuff on MediaFire? That makes no sense to me. Who's account is that, anyway?

Someone on GoS (I *think* it was there at least) posted it right after the first wave o burnination. I think I misread the mood: basically the idea was that by giving people who would otherwise be going to Insim to snag the popular files the option to download elsewhere, they could be persuaded to stay of Insim, and that most creators (including Enayla) didn't mind their stuff being shared outside of paysites, given the circumstances. I can see how that's wrong and removed the link.

HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: 2008 December 02, 22:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We already donated enough to cover all the costs to date.  I suggest no one parts with a further penny.

I could see about $10 for the domain name itself (maybe slightly more - I think there's an additional fee for a domain transfer of around $10) but nothing more than that.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2154 on: 2008 December 02, 22:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm inclined to write off the months server costs and bandwidth as a life lesson for Wank, along with the monies he paid K&E.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: 2008 December 02, 22:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on GoS (I *think* it was there at least) posted it right after the first wave o burnination. I think I misread the mood: basically the idea was that by giving people who would otherwise be going to Insim to snag the popular files the option to download elsewhere, they could be persuaded to stay of Insim, and that most creators (including Enayla) didn't mind their stuff being shared outside of paysites, given the circumstances. I can see how that's wrong and removed the link.

No, I mean, it's great that it's there and all for those people that ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE IT RIGHT NOW! It's just that your two postings together made no sense to me. But I think it's good that people don't have to go to InSim to get her stuff.

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2156 on: 2008 December 02, 22:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could see about $10 for the domain name itself (maybe slightly more - I think there's an additional fee for a domain transfer of around $10) but nothing more than that.

The thing is, when Delphy made the offer to buy him out, Insim was still alive and no plans of burnination were in the making yet, no Warplan Beige. If Walt had kept up, he'd have known the situation has changed by now.

No, I mean, it's great that it's there and all for those people that ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE IT RIGHT NOW! It's just that your two postings together made no sense to me. But I think it's good that people don't have to go to InSim to get her stuff.

Oh right! Well I meant to say that she should be contacted in case she objects to what I've mentioned, people sharing her files to keep them off Insim. If she did I'm sure everyone would take them down straight away, she's very well liked from what I hear. That and I don't know how emotionally attached she is to the site. And it would be great to have her on the new site as well.

Indi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: 2008 December 02, 22:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warlokk; You were a fan of creator centred sections? Maybe the new site can have these too, but maybe more like MTS2 where you have your own "mini site" but the rest of the site is organised in categories like the game is "Genetics, Objects, Walls, etc"

Warlokk developed the entire 'bodyshape' series, all of the 3D default replacements and various 'named' shapes for our Sims , those of that use and love them, anyway. He's a huge draw to both InSIM sites and it'd be a shame to lose his volume of work even if he's been 'retired' as of late.

Also in case anyone hadn't noticed SXS2 was dying a slow death. Chris Hatch had already moved his things to ISA and was working with jokerswild producing new animation hacks and calling us homebase. Right as all of this went down Hunter240x was also in he process of moving all of their things to ISA as well.

ISA as a site could be the dominant adult themed site in the community if things are handled right.

Sorry to go back a few posts but had to chime in. I lurked ISA for a few months before finally getting involved in threads,etc. Spent most of my time in ISA instead of InSim. From what I've read ISA is going to have a new home as well.Looking forward to it myself, if I had to go back to a Rated T for Teen game I'd probably implode..
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: 2008 December 02, 22:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is, when Delphy made the offer to buy him out, Insim was still alive and no plans of burnination were in the making yet, no Warplan Beige. If Walt had kept up, he'd have known the situation has changed by now.

Yeeesss... I'm confused, was that an additional point or more of a "Err, except..." because I agree with you.  Huh  The site was worth more before all the kerfuffle.  Now it's not worth much at all besides for spare parts (the domain name itself and the traffic that'd generate from people who still haven't caught on).

(As an aside RE: SXS2, it's had record traffic lately, and has gotten significantly more pageviews than InSIM Adult on a regular basis before this stuff, according to Alexa.  Not a whole lot new posted of late, certainly, but I wouldn't call it dead yet.)
Tamarind
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: 2008 December 02, 22:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DeathtoWalt is right.  A lot of the adult mods and hacks were being moved to insim adult.  I hope a new version of the adult site can be made, because the creators of these items seemed to feel at home on the site.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: