PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 13:29:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Fashion Factory??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fashion Factory??  (Read 24795 times)
TheVanity
ARR!

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #45 on: 2007 April 09, 20:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

micmic: thats because rickets didnt apply sharpen :wink:

odd... a third party making money on "bodyshop: the alternative version". i wonder if there is already a law suit going on.

quot;I'm just pretending to be a poser"
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #46 on: 2007 April 09, 21:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sharpened!  With Carla Niven as my witness I sharpened!

I was too wary to install the pirated German language program on my real computer so it lives on a six year old laptop with limited video capabilities.  The images the program generates are sharp but my laptop is not so sharp.

I have no ideas about the legality of the program.  It has a cache file that contains 20 MB worth of mesh information that looks like this:

afbodydressabovekneehooded.tmp
    afbodydressformallong.tmp
    afbodydresslonghug.tmp
    afbodydresslongloose.tmp
    afbodyjackethighcollar.tmp
    afbodyjacketshortdressboots.tmp
    afbodyjacketshortdressshoes.tmp
    afbodyovershirtpantssandals.tmp
    afbodypajamasclassic.tmp
    afbodyshortdressboots.tmp
    afbodyshortdressshoes.tmp

What's even better in a way is that I think they've lifted texture and material files from Marlin Studios.  

Sadly, I've positioned myself as the reigning expert on this thing.  It is a nice gadget and I like the idea of it giving people who know nothing about Photoshop or creating their own content a chance to create for themselves.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #47 on: 2007 April 10, 01:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know a heck of a lot about Photoshop and Painter (not to be confused with Paint) and Illustrator and all that, but have been too damn lazy to find a tut on how to make new Sims 2 stuff using these tools.

I suck. Smiley

I made some darn good stuff (for ME and me alone) during Sims 1.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #48 on: 2007 April 11, 05:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I Googled the item in question and wow, they have a shitload of stuff as add ons for this program, but being as I don't understand the language, I'm not going to be an idiot and grab it. I would love to be able to make my own stuff, but if I can't read the directions, I'm going to leave it alone. It really looks like something I would enjoy seeing an English version of, though. I know, I know, English is not the language of the world, but so far it's the only one I've been able to understand in my almost 42 years on this planet.... If I don't understand it, I leave it alone, I don't make messes that way... :shock:

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Garnet
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #49 on: 2007 April 11, 12:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Paden"
If I don't understand it, I leave it alone, I don't make messes that way... :shock:

I sympathize.  German and Spanish are two languages whose written word I can usually puzzle out well enough to follow most directions, and sometimes French works for me as well.  But anything else and I'm an instant chicken!
TheVanity
ARR!

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #50 on: 2007 April 12, 04:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:

those filesnames. does it mean FF comes packed with pay meshes?! That would be supreme piracy at industrial level! *glee*

german is alien for me,so i shall refrain from having it, sadly.

quot;I'm just pretending to be a poser"
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #51 on: 2007 April 12, 15:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i can't believe i'm back encouraging people to use this program...

You don't need to understand German to run this program -- I don't speak or read German.  The interface is almost completely graphic.
-----------------------------------
Fashion Factory 101

1. Open the application and using your keyboard arrow keys find and select a model.  It's like you're navigating a series of stores in a mall.

2. Click on a model and you'll get this screen:

You then have the option of selecting which piece of clothing (shirt, pants, etc.) you want to work on.  Once you've selected an item you then choose the fabric from the left column and the texture from the right.  You basically just play until you are happy.

3. Once you've finished your model you click on the joystick button which will save the model's outfit to your Sims Downloads folder.  

And you are done.  The outfit now lives in your Downloads folder and you can open it in Body Shop or the game itself.

4. Notice the shelf in the background on the screenshot.  If you want to put your own fabrics into the game you have to click on the box on the shelf that has the folder on it.  Once you click, it opens the dialog box and you can browse your PC and bring in your own stuff.  I've found it's best to keep the pattern you bring into FF at nothing larger than 200 X 200.

-------------------------

That's it.  There is no menu in German or otherwise with this thing.  The only German you'll see is when you save.

I'd really love for people who normally don't create or don't think they can create to try this out.  Paysites must be destroyed and if the way to do it is to make new creators then so be.
Diala
ARR!

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #52 on: 2007 April 13, 04:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone wants it in the booty, I have downloaded it. I've used it, and I agree, it doesn't require one to know German to use. Only problem is that I have made an outfit to test it out, and somehow I can't seem to get it to show up in Bodyshop. *looks over the thread to see if anyone else had the same problem*
Tramen
ARR!

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #53 on: 2007 April 13, 10:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds interesting, I might give it ago if anyone uploads it to the booty Cheesy
AnneBonny
ARR!

Currently doubting your existance

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #54 on: 2007 April 14, 04:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mufushu, if you would upload it or send it to me in your spare time I wouldn't mind having a go at it as well. From the looks of rickets informative post it seems something fun to poke at with the mouse. I may even rival Atwa and Carla Niven's er...talent.  :lol:

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
Diala
ARR!

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #55 on: 2007 April 14, 11:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am working on getting the program into the booty. All I need is some questions answered by one of the booty mods and then I'll start sending.

Anyway, I have discovered my problem and now I can fully appreciate this program. However, this darling creation has potential beyond its simple structure.

Take, for instance, this dress I made in Fashion Factory:

It's okay, but certainly not spectacular. But wait! Only a mere trip into Photoshop can turn that into this!

See how it glistens in the sun! Marvel at the magic that only Sharpen can provide!

Dare I spare the thought...?

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #56 on: 2007 April 14, 11:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol: Sharpen more!!

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Modo
Landlubber

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #57 on: 2007 April 14, 11:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's so magical!

Like a broken TV display dress!

Anyway, this program reminds me of something for the sims1.

I remember a few years back being in my local game shop and in the 2nd hand PC games there was this sims add on pack (I forget the name) it wasn't offical Maxis. Basicly it organised your downloads in a 3d enviroment (Made to look like some kind of mall). Actuall sims from the game were large sized and in 3d. It was so crap I could not believe it. They had imported some kid with a plae body and he had a dark skin tone head, wtf?

Does any one know what this program/game was I bought for the sims1 many years ago?
Anachronism
Landlubber

View Profile
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #58 on: 2007 April 14, 11:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mufushu"
Dare I spare the thought...?

really awesome picturw went here

Her eyes and lips are like train wrecks. They horrify me but I can't look away.  :shock:

ommon sense is not so common.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
Fashion Factory??
« Reply #59 on: 2007 April 14, 14:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See how it glistens in the sun! Marvel at the magic that only Sharpen can provide!

Oh...sharpen baby, sharpen....oh yeah...that's so good....yes...yes...yes!

ehem.

Well, now we know Cardrew's motivation......  :lol:

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: