PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 08:26:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 599440 times)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #1905 on: 2008 October 26, 12:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's 14 now, my other sister's 17 and my brother's 21 (I'm the oldest) and they all treat me like my life is a luxury cruise compared to their dreary excistance. Which hurts so much. I can understand strangers and even some friends not getting it and saying stupid shit, but my family? I love my sisters and when it comes to my brother... well, it's better now that he lives is Paris and stopped trying to kill me. (Oh yes, he tried. Bare hands, shovel to the head, rocks to the skull, bowlingball on the head from the second floor, good ol-fashioned choking...)

So, sibling rivalry? I'd say yes. I knew he hated me so I wasn't all that surprised, but my sisters? That's what I hate most about this deal I've been given, I've lost my family. They think I'm a weird, lazy drama queen and want nothing to do wth me. If they meet me in public, they avoid me. If they have friends over I'm asked to please be somewhere else.

I've read about people here supporting their 'special' siblings through thick and thin and all I can say is, you guys rock.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: 2008 October 26, 13:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no such thing, you stupid kid. That's 12, 12, and 18. Get it right! Or I'll throw you in a vat of boiling sharks! I suspect you are actually a 12. DIE!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1907 on: 2008 October 26, 15:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: I'm 18 and so is my entire family and my little doggie too. Good luck with the killing me. If my shovel-wielding bowling-ball-tossing neanderthal of a brother couldn't do it in person, I doubt you'll have much luck over the interubes  Tongue

(I'm joking. Please don't clog my intertubes.)

Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: 2008 October 26, 16:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Devilfish : Just do your best to make your life easier. Forget everyone else and just on with your own, because if they're gonna be that stuck up, they don't deserve you.
Here, have a piece of my rum covered birthday cake to cheer you up :]

Updated April 30th!
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1909 on: 2008 October 26, 17:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Devilfish : Just do your best to make your life easier. Forget everyone else and just on with your own, because if they're gonna be that stuck up, they don't deserve you.
Here, have a piece of my rum covered birthday cake to cheer you up :]

Thanks, that should cheer me up  Grin

At least I'll always have BF and my mother backing me up. That's good enough for me, I suppose. And maybe when my sisters aren't 12 anymore, we'll get along fine. Here's to hoping my stupid family turns out okay.

Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: 2008 October 26, 17:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BF's are great Cheesy
Mine saved me from a very dark hole when we met, I'll be honest, if it wasn;t for him I'd probably be dead by now!

Just wish he'd clean the fuck up after himself now though, and show me affection more often too!!!

Updated April 30th!
simsartgallery
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: 2008 October 27, 04:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love my sisters and when it comes to my brother... well, it's better now that he lives is Paris and stopped trying to kill me. (Oh yes, he tried. Bare hands, shovel to the head, rocks to the skull, bowlingball on the head from the second floor, good ol-fashioned choking...)

Wow. If I had a brother like that, I think I'd be depressed too. Are you sure it's not your brother that has the problem?

I only ask because I have a child that spent his childhood and teen years trying to kill his brothers. By the time he was 14, I finally had to start putting him in behavior programs just to keep our family safe. He has several disorders and each one plays off the other one. No amount of meds help him. However, they did tell me he couldn't be helped and by the time he was 21 he'd be dead or in jail. I am proud to say he is neither. He's a functioning member of society. Perhaps not like his brothers, but he's served in the military, did a tour in Iraq and is now a civilian with a job and living on his own.

I've read quite a few stories here that I can relate to personally and would like to send well wishes to all. Don't give up hope. It's the one thing we all have that no one can take from us and it's what keeps us going. I know what it's like to just try to survive one more hour with a child with behavior disorders. It was hope that kept me going. Ya'll can do this. Hang in there.
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: 2008 October 27, 09:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My brother spent many of his teen years trying to kill me, too. I still love him. He'd also choke me, throw me down stairs, etc. I was scrappy as hell and stubborn as hell and that would upset him, so he'd get angry at me. They were still trying to get him on the right meds. Now his temper is stable, he's one of the sweetest people in the world.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: 2008 October 27, 19:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love my sisters and when it comes to my brother... well, it's better now that he lives is Paris and stopped trying to kill me. (Oh yes, he tried. Bare hands, shovel to the head, rocks to the skull, bowlingball on the head from the second floor, good ol-fashioned choking...)

Well, my brother was never quite as bad as that, but his friends on the other hand...
There was a neighbor boy who practically lived at our house for years.
Did you know that Avon Skin-so-Soft is highly flammable? Well, I didn't. Not until he sprayed the flames in my face! And then there were the BB guns... the loaded 22 in my face half the time... and the fun they both had seeing how long they could hold me under water until I passed out.
I feel a bit like Chaos in the fact that my bro turned out pretty sweet (no meds, though). Actually, I'm amazed at what an incredibly pacifistic person my older brother is today, considering the company he kept.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1914 on: 2008 October 27, 19:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. If I had a brother like that, I think I'd be depressed too. Are you sure it's not your brother that has the problem?

It's me, acoording to everyone in the whole wide world. Because me brother, you see, is such a nice guy. Everyone knows my brother and he's so cool, real funny guy, handsome and smart, he's really going places. He's a DJ and a prefect student and knows everyone there is to know. Me, I'm his obnoxious sister who gets locked up and medicated. Obviously, I'm the one who's at fault.

It is him. I think his anger issues started a lot earlier than my depression, but we were both toddlers so who knows? He honestly tried to kill me. Not just a 12-year-old sibling scrap sort of thing. Now that I've been away from home for two years and had time to put things in perspective, I can honestly say that he abused me and wanted me dead. Nobody knew. Hell, I didn't even know it myself, because whenever I mentioned it to someone they were all like, yep, that's siblings for ya. How could I have known?

But that's in the past now. He moved to Paris to become the next family hot shot and me... Well, I'm still trying to become a teacher, so that's something to look forward to. We'll meet at Christmas and smile awkwardly at each other and I'll probably make small talk with his lovely, perfect wife. I can do that. It's not like I hate him.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1915 on: 2008 October 28, 00:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get along with my middle sister at all either - except, since I'm 5 years older, she never tried to kill me, just get my mom to do it, by making it look like I abused them when babysitting.  I wish I had more in common with my youngest sister, but we get along okay.

What's funny is my middle sister goofed - she figured my rich grandmother wouldn't -care- that her only daughter [our mom] was being shunned, and now she's pretty much completely out of the will, unless my grandmother forgot to rewrite it.  Surprised my mom too, but my gran won't even get presents for her great grand kids, since it helps out my sister.

Give it time, and your brother will get karmic rebalance - not to be mean, but just because that is what happens.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1916 on: 2008 October 28, 01:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get along with my middle sister at all either - except, since I'm 5 years older, she never tried to kill me, just get my mom to do it, by making it look like I abused them when babysitting.  I wish I had more in common with my youngest sister, but we get along okay.

Wow, that's pretty low. Bottomless pit low. I'd have smacked ger around for real. You have my sympathy  Embarrassed

Give it time, and your brother will get karmic rebalance - not to be mean, but just because that is what happens.

Yeah, I think so too. I wouldn't like for it to happen though. I really do wish him all the best and hope he has a good life, just far, far away from me. No sense in both of us being unhappy.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1917 on: 2008 October 28, 03:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I never wished anything bad on her, but having always been the family black sheep, there was and is a certain satisfaction in that having gone to someone else, even if it took 35 years.

And to the best of my knowledge, her life is still good - much nicer house than I have, and her husband is the very much youngest, so still gets spoiled rotten by his family.  My mom had enough though, and since she wouldn't give them money anymore, they told her she couldn't ever come over again.  She still comes over to my mom's for christmas though.  Its kind of a shame, her kids are awesome, even if their parents are.....not.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: 2008 October 28, 15:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well my son has Asperger's - I wouldn't say that it's a horrid illness.
I am unconvinced this "illness" exists. This "Assburgers" business is nothing more than an F conspiracy to stigmatize proper, right-thinking T children.

It's more that I have to modify how I explain things to him - logic wins over any kind of emotional plea.
As is proper. Logic and reason are the measure of all things. Emotion unrestrained by reason is nothing more than rubbish. Feelings exist to be crushed and broken, much like coal is pulverized into smaller chunks before being thrown into a fire. The idea that such proper thinking at a young age represents an "illness" is clearly rubbish foisted by blathering Fs.

Inform him that there will come a time when we will finally overthrow those pathetic untermensch and put them in their proper place as zoo animals to perform for our amusement. Until then, we wait and prepare.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1919 on: 2008 October 28, 16:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well my son has Asperger's - I wouldn't say that it's a horrid illness.
I am unconvinced this "illness" exists. This "Assburgers" business is nothing more than an F conspiracy to stigmatize proper, right-thinking T children.

While I am unconvinced that the Pescado persona exists in meatspace.  Wink In both cases, our respective opinions mean diddly.

They're not totally T thinking anyway (and I've previously expressed how dumb arse stupid that test is) - anger is confused with embarrassment - I had to explain what the difference was about two weeks ago - so emotions are still felt, and reacted upon, just not identified correctly, or they don't draw appropriate responses.  In conversation, rather than identify "laughing with" the default is always "laughing at". That's not helpful - they still get hurt feelings, just they react differently and take it as a frustrating experience because they don't know how to express it.

It is a fallacy to think that any child with Aspergers is emotionless - they display emotion - they just don't have any definition to that emotion and can't identify it. 

It's more that I have to modify how I explain things to him - logic wins over any kind of emotional plea.
As is proper. Logic and reason are the measure of all things. Emotion unrestrained by reason is nothing more than rubbish. Feelings exist to be crushed and broken, much like coal is pulverized into smaller chunks before being thrown into a fire. The idea that such proper thinking at a young age represents an "illness" is clearly rubbish foisted by blathering Fs.

Inform him that there will come a time when we will finally overthrow those pathetic untermensch and put them in their proper place as zoo animals to perform for our amusement. Until then, we wait and prepare.

Well it puts you through your paces, nevertheless. I can explain to the 12 that it is wrong to point out the giant lump on someone's face because it makes them feel bad, and the explanation is over. I try to explain that to the 1012 and the answer is "why does it make them feel bad - it's the truth" and much explanation is gone into why it might not be a sensible thing to point out the faults of others in a loud voice, and why that might hurt the feelings of the other person, and not be a good thing for him.

I can't see why stopping him from being punched in the face when he's older is a bad thing - or why I should try to raise a Pescadoean child for a non-Pescadoean world.  They're both very logical - already they have decided to be worshippers at the altar of science, and savvy peoples in a world of advertising. 

Neither of my 12s are concerned with becoming ubermensch - one cares too much about morality and the environment, and the other is too lackadaisical about anything but science experiments.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: