PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 00:13:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  How much do we know about Peggy?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How much do we know about Peggy?  (Read 47906 times)
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
How much do we know about Peggy?
« Reply #30 on: 2006 December 01, 05:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"
I think it's time to edit out Peggy's personal information.  :shock: If it's not OK to post anyone else's, than it's not OK to post hers.

And enough with the Chinese bashing.  :roll:

Peggy makes crappy meshes that she charges too much for, but I doubt it has anything to do with her ethnicity

It's not private information; anyone can look it up within a minute.

And no one said she makes crappy meshes because she's Chinese.

Though I like her hairs.  The meshes are crappy, but they still look good enough.  I mean, there's not many out there that are better.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 December 01, 05:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The funny thing is how you learn all the best racist jokes from the people being made fun of themselves. All those "Chinese-bashings" I learned from the Chinese. Tongue Sorta like how no one knows more dead lawyer jokes than a lawyer.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
ChloeFox
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 December 01, 05:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
I'm not racist. I hate everyone.

Best quote ever. I was just stating how I have everyone & everything, not just one particular person or one particular thing Smiley
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 December 01, 06:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The funny thing is how you learn all the best racist jokes from the people being made fun of themselves. All those "Chinese-bashings" I learned from the Chinese. Tongue Sorta like how no one knows more dead lawyer jokes than a lawyer.

Pescado, that's complete and utter bullshit. You hardly know any Chinese people. The jokes you've told me are regurgitations of ancient stereotypes generated from the West. Chinese people would not tell you these jokes IN ENGLISH, not to mention this is entirely not how they perceive themselves.
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 December 01, 06:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Surelyfunke"

Pescado, that's complete and utter bullshit. You hardly know any Chinese people. The jokes you've told me are regurgitations of ancient stereotypes generated from the West. Chinese people would not tell you these jokes IN ENGLISH.

Maybe not Chinese, I don't know, but I've known some Koreans who  have told very self depreciating racial jokes.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 December 01, 06:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes Lemmiwinks, we know about your well-recorded "expertise" with regard to Asian people, especially over at MATY.  :roll:
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 December 01, 06:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes Lemmiwinks, we know about your well-recorded "expertise" with regard to Asian people, especially over at MATY.  :roll:

I am talking about actual friends and relatives here. I have Japanese and Korean nieces and nephews.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
ihavenoteeth
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 December 01, 06:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a Chinese friend who tells pretty bad racial jokes and says some deranged things, but on some days he won't shut up about how great China is :/
photo
ARR!

Ish a vampeah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2006 December 01, 06:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"
Quote from: "shelikescake"
(yes Dreamwalker i understand your point, but I am Western and I like real reds (not just blonde thank you very much) and browns).

I naturally have this gross light brown dark blonde hair color, my middle sister is a dirty blond, and my youngest sister has brown hair...I have been dying my hair shades of red and dark brown since I was 15 while most of the girls opted for bleach blond or black. My hair is currently a dark reddish brown color and I love it...i would never dye it blond.
I prefer girls with black or red hair, so you will rarely see blond sims in my game lol
Just because all the skanky ho's on mtv are blond doesn't mean all western girls have a blond obsession.....and most of the guys i've known prefer girls with dark hair (a few of them loved redheads)....

Where was anyone getting this whole peggy has a family thing? the first time i saw it mentioned was when you guys were discussing lyric's whole "they use the money to support their children" thing

Also, shouldnt you edit out her address and phone number? or at least edit bits of it? So we aren't hypocritical  I mean (complaining about rose giving out info then doing it ourselves--like the Delphy thing)...i can just imagine the phone calls she'd get lol

YES thank you... i only have one blonde in my game at the moment, my hair is a dark red color so thats mostly what i do, or brown which is the rest of my family's hair color. most guys i know as well don't like the blondes i think its starting to turn from that whole obsession (thank God).

Is a female
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 December 01, 08:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The post with Peggy's information isn't considered classified because anyone could do a /whois on her website and get the same information.

The thing with Delphy was not the same thing.  His information was not available that way.
ChaosKitten
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 December 01, 08:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chinese is a language that sounds like a bird that has swallowed some kind of percussion instrument

GD it! Why just you say these things? Do you know how bad it hurts to have Coke shoot out your nose? DO YOU!?!

*resumes cleaning screen*

ubscription to a pay site = $$$ a month
Bandwidth for your personal server = $$ a year
Pirate eyepatch = $ at your local Boxmart
Roasting smores on the flames of irrate internet drama whores = priceless
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 December 01, 09:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, that's complete and utter bullshit. You hardly know any Chinese people. The jokes you've told me are regurgitations of ancient stereotypes generated from the West. Chinese people would not tell you these jokes IN ENGLISH, not to mention this is entirely not how they perceive themselves.

If they didn't tell me them in English, I wouldn't have understood them. Besides, I'm sure they're not funny in Chinese. I probably know more Chinese than you do. I buy stuff from them in large quantities, after all.

Besides, you're not Chinese either. Apparently the actual Chinese laugh at you, remember? And now it's your turn to tell us a racist joke.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 December 01, 11:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The jokes you've told me are regurgitations of ancient stereotypes generated from the West. Chinese people would not tell you these jokes IN ENGLISH, not to mention this is entirely not how they perceive themselves.

Well I have no idea whether or not Pescado knows any Chinese people, but I lived with a Chinese girl while at uni, and she told me quite a few jokes about the Chinese, just like I told her many jokes about Geordies/the English in general.

Edited to add: I downloaded several Peggy hairs, promptly deleted them, couldn't stand how they looked in game. I never even wondered why she had so many unnatural colours, possibly because I only have a couple of female friends with remotely natural hair colours, the rest are either bright red, pink, purple, green or black with blue streaks.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 December 01, 13:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they didn't tell me them in English, I wouldn't have understood them. Besides, I'm sure they're not funny in Chinese. I probably know more Chinese than you do. I buy stuff from them in large quantities, after all.

Besides, you're not Chinese either. Apparently the actual Chinese laugh at you, remember? And now it's your turn to tell us a racist joke.

LOL Pescado - Chinese people laugh at me because I speak butchered Mandarin, as a result of living in non-Chinese speaking countries for half of my life. But you're totally wrong - I am 100% Chinese. I just don't come from China, and neither do I live there. My ancestors come from China, though. I have relatives who live there.

And you probably don't know more Chinese people than I do, no.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 December 01, 13:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MMEStalker"

The jokes you've told me are regurgitations of ancient stereotypes generated from the West. Chinese people would not tell you these jokes IN ENGLISH, not to mention this is entirely not how they perceive themselves.

Well I have no idea whether or not Pescado knows any Chinese people, but I lived with a Chinese girl while at uni, and she told me quite a few jokes about the Chinese, just like I told her many jokes about Geordies/the English in general.

See, that sort of thing strikes me as a healthy exchange of self-deprecation. You laugh at yourself and share it with me, I return the favour. That's not quite the same as a white person telling a squinty-eyed joke about Asian people to an Asian person (and if so, it REALLY depends on who is doing the joking, and within what sort of context). All cultures are subject to acts of self-deprecation and do share those gems with people who don't belong to that culture. It's not the same, however, when someone from outside that culture does it.

Having said all of that, I should make it clear that I'm not actually offended when Pescado tells me his racist jokes about Chinese people. Again, depends on the person and context, and I don't actually believe that he IS racist. Those who have hung around him for awhile know that he's an equal opportunity asshole. Cheesy I don't take any of it personally. I know he's just winding me up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: