PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 05:11:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 589479 times)
deathtotsr
Landlubber

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1980 on: 2007 October 01, 02:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tracking devices???

Yup, they have plenty of those but those are adwares and spybots and come from their site and advertisers sites, but there aren't any inside the zips. If there were your anti-virus software would detect them as soon as you scanned them as the CRC checksums wouldn't add up.

This BS was started probably by Thomas, to scare y'all to make you think twice before you shared their files - thinking that the person(s) doing the sharing would get scared of losing their accounts and stop sharing on account of these alleged tracking devices (which is all a bunch of hooey).

First he was saying that time date stamps allowed them to track who was sharing but when I pointed that was a bunch of BS out to someone, I guess he had to come up with a new idea on how they were tracked as a means of "knowing" (which is again is BS and just wild stabs in the dark really) who was sharing their software.

If you don't believe me that he's not doing that, just search the net using a seach engine for anything that could be used as a tracking device to track zips (without said "device" being detected by anti-virus software) you'll see that there isn't anything that does that *yet* unless he & Per created something like that but I doubt Thomas has the brains to do that.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1981 on: 2007 October 01, 06:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "deathtotsr"
If you don't believe me that he's not doing that, just search the net using a seach engine for anything that could be used as a tracking device to track zips (without said "device" being detected by anti-virus software) you'll see that there isn't anything that does that *yet* unless he & Per created something like that but I doubt Thomas has the brains to do that.

I don't believe you - many people at SFV have problems with this, and have instituted a method to clean them and safeguard their subscriptions.  Just because Tom Ass doesn't tell you all, doesn't mean he doesn't do it.  

As for him being smart enough, conservative estimates put gross earnings for TSR at $3 million a year - he's got the money to pay for someone with more brains than him.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: 2007 October 01, 06:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What?!? 3 million? Is that after expenses? I mean I know it was probably high, but I figured on few hundred grand max. Sorry if I sound naive, but that is just insane.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1983 on: 2007 October 01, 06:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before we all get excessively paranoid, I just thought the "tracking device" was some sort of string included in the zip and/or package file to help identify the downloader?  Like a few characters?

Not anything like a tracking cookie or a trojan or anything that would get picked up in anti-viral or spyware software, because it's not tracking YOU, it's tracking the file.  And it's not tracking so much as them sticking a label on it somewhere and then hoping you don't find and remove it before you fileshare.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1984 on: 2007 October 01, 06:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LilyLocksley"
What?!? 3 million? Is that after expenses? I mean I know it was probably high, but I figured on few hundred grand max. Sorry if I sound naive, but that is just insane.

Gross - not net.  Gross figures, based on if 1% of the members totalled on the front page take out one 6 month subscription.  Gross figures based on that is about $3.7 million dollars.  Of course, he was twats to pay, so I'm sure that's not his take home pay packet.

Quote from: "Quinctia"
Before we all get excessively paranoid, I just thought the "tracking device" was some sort of string included in the zip and/or package file to help identify the downloader? Like a few characters?

Even if I did know the full details, which I don't, not being a booty god, I wouldn't be so happy to dissect it here - TSR people read here, and I don't think that we should be helping them figure out how to stop us.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: 2007 October 01, 07:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily is right.  The last thing we want is for TSR to get any more info from us than they already do.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: 2007 October 01, 09:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed that Teko (Murano) is posting his previously free Asian set at TSR. I wanted to comment on his money-grabbing ways, and clicked on the comment tab. This text is now above the comment box.

DO NOT post comments about wanting free items, we will close your account if you abuse this rule.

So, we want you to comment, but everything you say should be just "Thisisgreatthx."

And how long has this been there, anyways?

TSR does indeed suck ass.  :evil:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: 2007 October 01, 09:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's exactly what I thought too. All TSR wants you is to SUCK ass! The title is perfectly appropriate.

Also, Thoma$$' Diva Hair is not allowed to be recolored, but the textures really suck. IcedMango did some decent recolors, though.

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1988 on: 2007 October 01, 10:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"

DO NOT post comments about wanting free items, we will close your account if you abuse this rule.

And how long has this been there, anyways?

That has been there as long as I can remember.  It isn't new.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: 2007 October 01, 11:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?  :oops:

I guess I should pay more attention, then.
I have commented before, I guess I just never read the blurb, or it just didn't register. :lol:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: 2007 October 01, 12:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Even if I did know the full details, which I don't, not being a booty god, I wouldn't be so happy to dissect it here - TSR people read here, and I don't think that we should be helping them figure out how to stop us.

Yes, agreed. So please, no more questions about this...

Remember that this is not a private forum. Everything that is said here will be read by people like TSR. Do not make information like this public  Smiley

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1991 on: 2007 October 01, 13:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CapnJojoba"

Remember that this is not a private forum. Everything that is said here will be read by people like TSR. Do not make information like this public  Smiley

*puts on tin foil hat*

TSR know where you live! And they killed JFK.

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: 2007 October 01, 13:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*dons tin foil hat*

Indeed...And such a lovely avi you have there  :wink:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1993 on: 2007 October 01, 13:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, what a strange coincidence  :wink:

Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: 2007 October 01, 15:57:21 »