PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 18:50:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 589574 times)
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #1965 on: 2007 September 30, 03:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "pinksmoke"
Here's something for Atwa, a.k.a Miss Egypt.

Let's change that to "Wannabe-Egyptian" shall we?  Since if you ever saw real Egyptian stuff, not only does it NOT involve black and gold monstrosities, but they don't decorate their houses in flood-fill faun.   I'm a huge nut for Egyptian stuff and I hate Atwat's stuff with a passion.  Egyptians have scads of style and taste.

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: 2007 September 30, 03:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "naceygirl"
Here's something for Atwa, a.k.a Miss Egypt.

Egyptians have scads of style and taste.

Like Miss Piggy :lol:. I love ancient Egypt as well, and Atwa obviously knows nothing about it.

Now for a conspiracy theory. This is from Parsimonious:

25th September 2007:  Again I have to plead with anyone using Wget  or Free Download Manager  (FDM) to please disable these download manager programs when  you visit us. Your usage is costing us an additional 40Gb  of bandwidth usage EACH DAY, over and above our normal usage. Both of these programs (and probably several others of similar type) have triggered massive quantities of downloads of individual files because of the way they connect. I have asked you all before and the situation is getting worse, not better. If you need to resume a large download then use Mozilla Firefox. This isn't just affecting us, many other sites will be experiencing the same problem.

The people doing this are probably just dumb. However... I wouldn't put it past TSR. *puts on tinfoil hat*

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1967 on: 2007 September 30, 05:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way for them to look into site logs, see if it's a certain IP or range of IPs, and temporarily ban them...to see if that relieves the pressure?

Because if it's only a few users, that would suggest some sort of attack...if it's all across the board, they've either had a spike in popularity or are in need of some optimization.
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: 2007 September 30, 05:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, 40 gigs of bandwidth used using Download managers. Parsimonious is a great site. That sucks lard. And to make matters worst, that sucks lard BITS.

ETA : WTF! WTF?!! Story by Arenaria about FAs and TSR. Conceited much!

http://www.thesimsresource.com/storytelling/view.php?id=6836

ETA: Okay, not so much conceited, but still a DUMB idea. Story piccies are pretty though.  :wink:

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
alliecat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: 2007 September 30, 08:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps a dumb question: How does using free download manager cost them over 40 GB in bandwidth? Are people setting it up wrong or does it always do that?

And wow that story by Arenaria is really a terrible idea.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1970 on: 2007 September 30, 09:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR should spend more time tracking their lack of quality.

Charlotte
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: 2007 September 30, 09:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Totally - I cringed in embarrassment when I read the first page, I just couldn't continue :roll:

pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: 2007 September 30, 09:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-edited for privacy-

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

ShipsKat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: 2007 September 30, 12:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tracking tokens?Huh?
Yikes thats done it! you mean I have to trawl through oceans of crap to find something I like and when i do there's a frickin' tracker on it?  :shock:

Tsr can go spit, it angers me the way they keep rotating there stuff so's that when u find something that's o.k;?! when you pc crashes an' you look for it again, its subscriber only :x

Thank gawd for pmbd *bows down and kisses feet* :wink:
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: 2007 September 30, 12:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ShipsKat"
Tracking tokens?Huh?
Yikes thats done it! you mean I have to trawl through oceans of crap to find something I like and when i do there's a frickin' tracker on it?  :shock:

Tsr can go spit, it angers me the way they keep rotating there stuff so's that when u find something that's o.k;?! when you pc crashes an' you look for it again, its subscriber only :x

Thank gawd for pmbd *bows down and kisses feet* :wink:

-bows down and kisses feet with ShipsKat-

TSR's system sucks. I remember they said every FA must have at least one free set, but most FAs don't, and the FAs who have free sets usually need pay meshes. Sucks.

TSR has no quality control. 'Nuff said!

quote="Black Rose"]

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: 2007 September 30, 12:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Paden"

Also, I was thinking about TSR, about how they put tracking tokens into their downloads and shit...

Erm, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought we were not meant to talk about TSR nasty trackers publicly?  :roll:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: 2007 September 30, 12:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-shuts mouth.

Nothing happened.  :roll: I'm a good gurrrrl. Honest! I donate to TSR since they're family-friendly. -snickersnickercoughcoughrandomwords- Reading random threads now since there isn't anything good on TV.

ETA: OT- Why aren't there Peggy and Rose bashing threads like these? Or do we make up for it with little threads?  :lol: And doesn't SimSlice basically charge you for edited pieces of Maxis code?

ETA: Spelling Errors

quote="Black Rose"]

Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: 2007 September 30, 13:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: OT- Why aren't there Peggy and Rose bashing threads like these? Or do we make up for it with little threads?  :lol: And doesn't SimSlice basically charge you for edited pieces of Maxis code?

I think we rant more about TSR because of the size of it and because it has more personalities (some of which aren't the same person, Jan) which = more opportunities for drama.

They also in general seem to have more questionable practises when it comes to trying to corner the market and the people running it day to day are talentless hacks who pay others to create.

TSR is a sucky vaccuum that hovers up decent creators by offering them cash and seemingly promotes those who drink most site kool aid. Plus there's the fact that TSR holds onto everything uploaded to their site so you can't delete it plus they disallow links to other sites like MTS2 because they realise that they are really rather crap in comparison.

Sorry went off on one there, bottom line Rose and Peggy rarely come here and whine I'm not sure that it makes them classy but it does make them less annoying also as single entities they're not as much fun to prod anyway.
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: 2007 September 30, 13:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I've always thought of Peggy as misinterpreted but surely with the donations she could afford a translator.

TSR is a sucky vaccuum that hovers up decent creators by offering them cash and seemingly promotes those who drink most site kool aid. Plus there's the fact that TSR holds onto everything uploaded to their site so you can't delete it plus they disallow links to other sites like MTS2 because they realise that they are really rather crap in comparison.

Very true. It's like a black hole and we're all stars in the universe, no? Stars with sharp pointy sticks and kickass eyepatches.

quote="Black Rose"]

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: 2007 September 30, 19:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the search function, there are too many separate threads bashing Peggy.  There is also at least one recent Rose bashing thread.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: