PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 20:47:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!  (Read 88366 times)
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!
« Reply #165 on: 2007 October 29, 14:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"
CapnJojoba - just for you, I double checked in both SimPE and Milkshape and yes, the mesh itself, for Adults, is 10576.  The teen is 10582, child = 10590, and toddler = 10556.  It's so big because it has so many rounded parts I think - that, and they don't really pay attention to polycounts when they build, it seems.

Sad It's rather unfortunate since I like this style.

Thanks Smiley *passes rum* And that...is just plain ouch. How is that 10000+ polys?! Stupid.

Fortunately for me I dont actually like that hair - its not my style  :wink:

Mmm it's great of you to fix the meshes and make them smaller poly then, I'll be downloading your ones instead of the originals Tongue Huzzaah! I just stick to small poly count meshes, no matter how pretty it is if its beasty polys I wont download.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

iamcoolerthanyou
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2007 October 29, 18:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't normally do this, especially not for something I am unsure I will ever release, but is this an improvement or does it take away the "spunkyness" effect that's created when the top ponytail is there? (I probably should have used one of the lighter colours, sorry):

I just had to pop over and say that I love what you've done to it, and can't wait to DL it Cheesy
LuxCasta
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2007 October 29, 18:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "iamcoolerthanyou"

I don't normally do this, especially not for something I am unsure I will ever release, but is this an improvement or does it take away the "spunkyness" effect that's created when the top ponytail is there? (I probably should have used one of the lighter colours, sorry):

I just had to pop over and say that I love what you've done to it, and can't wait to DL it Cheesy

Snappie McSameHere.

y name is Bonnie - damned me for putting LuxCasta as my username!
I Lost My Eyepatch
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2007 October 30, 01:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome job, RenegadeSims! I was actually wondering if it would be possible to remove the top ponytail, but since I'm a moron when it comes to meshes, I didn't know how that would work.. Agreed with everyone else, I'd love to have that for my game. :shock: <3
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2007 October 30, 01:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol thanks

That one will take a bit more work, I kind of did a crappy job initially with removing the ponytail.  The way I did it - if you see your sim from an angle that shows part of the top view...well it doesn't look so pretty :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad you guys want it, but sadly you will need to wait a bit.  On the bright side, I'll be releasing an older rose hair soon, if that's any consolation Tongue  Maybe that will tide you all over until the next feeding lol

I don't make any sense, do I?  I'll probably read this tomorrow and go, "What the HECK am I trying to say?!"  Because you see, as usual, I am running on extreme lack of sleep.  Yay me! *dances*

Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2007 October 30, 02:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, I'm glad you guys want it, but sadly you will need to wait a bit.

Doesn't matter a bit, I have most of the hair you've done, I don't DL anything from Rose or Peggy or Raon anymore. I wait for you or Rissa to fix it. (or someone else at SFV) You're awesome.....thanks.  Cheesy So I don't mind waiting at all.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: 2007 October 30, 02:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I actually thought the Rose version made more sense.  Just because, okay, you pulled stuff back in a couple clips because you're doing your makeup, whatever...makes sense, especially now since you can assign sims hair for their underwear.

Peggy's always looked like a really scraggly ponytail, to me.
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2007 October 30, 05:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like that hair Renegade without the top ponytail. Smiley

I'm retarded.  Cheesy

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007 October 30, 08:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my :| no wonder that my computer complained when I had Raons hairs in my downloads folder... shit, thats just obscene  :?

I really need to learn to mesh, then Ill kick their asses... well maybe  Tongue
LuxCasta
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2007 October 30, 09:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "fourohfourerror"

Just from what I have in my downloads folder from Raon, male hair 21 and female hair 34 are 32,000 polys, female hairs 40, 43, and 46 are all over 20,000 polys, and female hairs 26, 36 and 42, and male hair 18 are all over 10,000 polys. Maybe we should be happy they've left the scene.   :roll:

For Raon, I am amazed that somebody who (most probably) didn't go to college could count to 32,000 polys. After all, anybody who meshes crap for a living can't be that high up in the social system of things. I mean, who says, "Downloads All"?? You is knowsing grammar irks me with no crap left...

y name is Bonnie - damned me for putting LuxCasta as my username!
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: 2007 October 30, 13:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quinctia"
You know, I actually thought the Rose version made more sense.  Just because, okay, you pulled stuff back in a couple clips because you're doing your makeup, whatever...makes sense, especially now since you can assign sims hair for their underwear.

Peggy's always looked like a really scraggly ponytail, to me.

This would only make sense if the bangs and hair at the sides were out of the way.  If someone were pulling their hair back for makeup or facecream, you wouldn't see them with hair dangling over their eyes and sides of the face while having two ponytails.

Also, there's at least one other rose hair that does a better job of creating this appearance - it's the one with the tail at the back.

If the top ponytail works for you, that's great Smiley Everyone's got different tastes.  For me, it doesn't because I like to have my Sims wear styles you'd actually see on the street - I don't tend to think in terms of "what would look better for formal, undies, etc..  For me, the style looks better with the top ponytail gone because wiith it gone, it looks like someone pulled their hair into a simple yet nice-looking sideponytail.

Quote from: "fourohfourerror"

Just from what I have in my downloads folder from Raon, male hair 21 and female hair 34 are 32,000 polys, female hairs 40, 43, and 46 are all over 20,000 polys, and female hairs 26, 36 and 42, and male hair 18 are all over 10,000 polys. Maybe we should be happy they've left the scene.   :roll:

What the HELL?!  My computer can't handle that Sad

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2007 October 31, 03:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renegade, even a couple thousand polys less is good. I love short hair.

Luckily, my computer can handle a high poly count, but holy crap! I'll have to remember never to put Raon hair on more than one Sim in a household. That's like the poly count of a really nice car, on someone's head. :shock:

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: 2007 October 31, 03:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fresh Prince can verify (I saw him lurking 'round these parts a day or two ago), but I think even cars aren't THAT high poly.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2007 October 31, 04:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy CRAP that's a lot of polygons. Apologies for derailing the thread, but it's semi-derailed anyway... Since I'm a total noob when it comes to stuff like this, what's the easiest way to check polygons of meshes?
Sarafina
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2007 October 31, 04:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn, this is what I get from downloading from a pay site.  I removed all my raon hairs and won't be downloading in the future.  Thanks for the heads up on this.

What about Rose's hairs, which ones are really high poly?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: