PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 04:57:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New Information, Very Interesting
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Information, Very Interesting  (Read 6487 times)
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
New Information, Very Interesting
« on: 2007 August 02, 22:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://simphany.com/Important%20Site%20Update.htm

Follow the link and read. This is very strange.  Has anyone heard of this before?

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 02, 23:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be the most bizarre university I've ever heard of - most of them want to boast what they have - and yet they want it quiet.  I know my uni takes every opportunity to tout their services.  My uni has engaged in fashion ranges from up and coming designers, television ads, and they always have ads from students about what they got, and the cool jobs they have now.

But she's free now, so I don't mind.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
TashaYarrr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 02, 23:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but made a deal upon reconstruction of Simphany that once any of its content was housed on another site, without my permission, I'd make any and all Member Downloads that were current at the time available to the public, and from then on devote new meshes to the University site and forums.

I'm still a noob to a lot of these goings-on, but this sounds to me like just another form of "I'm taking toys and leaving".

The 'University' story is a real head-scratcher. Possibly code for "TSR under a new creator name"?
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 02, 23:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would take this at face value unless there is compelling evidence to the contrary. I am not a Conspiracy Theorist, and I feel that she's not charging money, so who cares about the convoluted college club's goings on. I bet it really is just a bunch of students and maybe a faculty member or two in a little secret "club."

I work at a university, and I am no longer surprised at the unmitigated silliness I see every day. Some faculty members, especially the younger ones, have only recently completed 10 years of college, and have never held a real job or lived off campus. They tend to be pretty immature, even though they are the teachers. (We just had an OLD professor get arrested for being spotted running around in the woods with camoflage clothes and a gun, with some students. They were playing war games. This is just after the massacre at Virginia Tech. Morons.)

This story of the secret Sims 2 club , I am sorry to say, is par for the course.

Still watching you guys
poopdeckswabber
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 03, 01:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just or does anyone else think it sounds a tad bit fishy. Not that this University club exists, but that she can not name, link them, or even tell where they are located, but she can explain what they do and that she is now of to enter the Greyhavens with them? Why has no one ever mentioned this or somethingly remotely close before now?

liases:  Cadesmama2 and Angelicvictory and Littletimmysmom
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 03, 01:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I begged them to tell me whether or not they were related to EA Games in their classes, but my question was ignored for the most part, and I won't push the matter any further.  I have no problem devoting some files to them, and them alone, so long as they allow me a free section of the site (which they have) to continue making creations for the general public.

Sounds fishy to me. I guess this is kind of good because she's no longer pay?  But it seems kinda secret-cult-like to me, in a way.  I wouldn't trust these people I don't know jack shit about, and then sign agreements and attend "classes" with them?  I've never heard of something like this..

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 03, 01:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that last week.
I didn't really think much of it, TBH.
I just figured she was going to end up with most of her best creations as unavailable files. :lol:

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 03, 02:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I begged them to tell me whether or not they were related to EA Games in their classes, but my question was ignored for the most part, and I won't push the matter any further.

I hope this is appropriate......

It's a Conspiracy i tell you! Conspiracy! :lol:

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 03, 02:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's decidedly odd. WHY would some University club pay her hosting etc to ONLY make stuff available to them?

I mean, she mentions they have offered that to other people as well. Well, I will assume a minimum of intelligence from these people, so why don't they just get one domain and get everyone to put their crap there? I mean, why will these creators need hosting for anything else if they're to stop making stuff for the public? Then the money they would get would just be "play-money", but she specifically mentions a paid hosting deal.

And why would they care if anyone else has the stuff?

Frankly, I think she's just making this shit up. A creative way of retiring. And hey, it worked. We're talking about it, aren't we?

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Clementyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 03, 03:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, creepy.  She's willing to give them some of her files in exchange for hosting.  Sounds like selling a soul to the devil.  And why do college professors need to hold students films, animations, and graphics hostage?  It'd be like someone going up to a painter and saying "Hey, I'll let you use my studio if you GIVE me a certain amount of your paintings with no questions asked."  There's something wrong with this whole idea >>

url=http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/index.php?pid=Exchange]EA's Official Stance on Sharing Pay Files![/url]
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
A Sim In Time: Purtiful Sims For You
joan_fontaine
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 03, 04:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As someone who work at a university, let me just say that some of those graphic design/art professors can be WAY strange.  Especially, as SparklePlenty said, some of the younger ones.  It probably is some stupid, unofficial club thing; although why she can't name names is a little puzzling.  Very Hellfire Club-ish.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 03, 05:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okaaay. After skimming the site this is what I'm coming up with; She talks about not needing the drama in the sims community, then spouts off about her secret arrangements with certain "Universities" (shhhhhh) that just HAD to have her pay files all to themselves and have been secretly recruiting creators for their project. No drama there!

Get ready Bigtruckgirl. You may have to hand out another award  sooner than you think.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 03, 07:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "TashaYarrr"
The 'University' story is a real head-scratcher. Possibly code for "TSR under a new creator name"?

Possibly!

...well tad bit of info here, that site is run by at TSR SA ...

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

ratfink
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 03, 13:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I have read, the university thing is a film or media program that is using the Sims in their curriculum.  Since the work that is created could potentially be used to promote the school they would need clear and clean copyright on all of the content to prevent getting sued.  After getting EA's permission to use the game in this manner the next big hurdle would be finding a pool of copyright clean addons and I think that is where this agreement comes in.  If indeed that is what is going on I doubt we have much to worry about as I doubt they would care much about what happens to the content outside of the university.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 03, 15:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a read of her TSR blog (I hate that place, loading pages is such a labourious process. Pescado creativity FTW!) and she does seem to almost boast about the lack of continuity in her work leaving the gate wide open for her to re-appear under another name.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: