PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 06:52:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 24 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074637 times)
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #4005 on: 2009 March 16, 14:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they do have alot of stuff to rewrite, and I am sure they are going to try and have it make some sense. No wonder it has taken this long for them to get it together. I'm sure coconut has been waiting for this for some time, I'm sure they knew there would be trouble and they have given coconut ample time to get ready for it.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: 2009 March 16, 14:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I find rather amusing, is by DOTs tut I'm assuming she is referring to coconut's screencaps. Which any sane person should go "Why would coconut forged all those screencaps?" It would make sense if it was one or two. But she has a whole blog full of them. She has screencaps from multiple people as well. Do you mean to say DOT that everyone has been drinking the coconut kool-aid!? *Gasp!*

Get real. No one tried to denying what was said in those screencaps. In fact, with TSR posting front news about them, they have proven to be more than real. Why would TSR go through the effort of making front page news about the sharing scandal, if it didn't hold some truth? Way to try and save your ass DOT, I bet your incentives haven't been as high as they used to huh?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: 2009 March 16, 14:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is really pathetic, but also their last straw. The only ones believing them will be the ones that really really really want to believe them.

Inactive
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4008 on: 2009 March 16, 15:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All it shows is that some clarity is lost when a screen cap is made large enough to be legible.  Anyone who knows anything about graphics programs will realize that if its that clear up close?  Its been made at a large size then shrunk, while blurry indicates it was smaller and made larger.

DOT = phail!

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: 2009 March 16, 16:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The steps Thomas has taken to stop coconut from getting the screencaps says it all.  All of the screenies have been verified in one way or another, the apology from sasi for her part on sims cave. Thomas has verified most of them with his rants.  Dot's screenies are there, she knows that is what she typed, if she is claiming that they are fake now her value as a human being is sinking by the second, and she seriously needs to be ashamed of herself.  That can be said about every FA at TSR,  if they have seen the original discussions in the FA forum and are still there and still going along with the they are fake line then they are no better than Dot, Atwa and Thomas.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: 2009 March 16, 16:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would they have DOT write a tute for photoshopping screen caps when she can't even photoshop her stuff to make it look appealing instead of the fugly shit that it actually is? FAIL, Thomass, you haz it.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4011 on: 2009 March 16, 16:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is, she didn't write it.  See, its known she can't photoshop to save our sanity, so its more likely people will buy her BS.  Thomass would be better served putting his energy into actually running a legitimate business with good business practices, rather than this convoluted shit he seems so fond of.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: 2009 March 16, 16:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the deal folks, at least the way I'm speculating it on my part.

We are surrounded by people who know the score.  We see folks who are firmly convinced of the truth.  However, I am very sure there are a whole bunch of fence sitters out there, subscribers to TSR, who are asking them, "What is going on?  Why am I reading this?" And I'll bet a lot of them, right now, are trying their hardest to give TSR the benefit, mostly because no one wants to find out they were duped.  No one likes to find out they gave their hard earned dollars to a bunch of lying asses.  They want to believe TSR is that happy place of sunshine and rainbows. 

THOSE are the people that Thomas wants to reach.  If he can save any accounts, get people to resubscribe, by making up his, "The true face of Coconut" journal, or whatever, then he'll come out ahead.  It's also something to show EA if they say, "Wait a moment, Tom. We've been letting you play your little reigndeer (deliberate pun is deliberate) games, because we don't care and we figure it's good advertising, but c'mon, people are starting to gripe."  Tom will be able to go, "Oh, we debunked that.  We're the Simyth Busters!"  And EA games, who doesn't want to really mess with any of this anyway, can go, "Oh, that's good," and get back to the important job of ignoring all of this crap. 

Will a "True face of Coconut" journal sway everyone to their side?  Nope, of course not.  No more than MaxoidDrea's post convinced everyone that Paysites were peachykeen.  But at this point, half a loaf is better than none.  Hell, to TSR, even a few slices of bread will be better than no bread at all.

Anyone who does let anything "Debunking" Coconut influence them, should remember one thing.  The worst crime to many is TSR giving out personal information.  And TSR has admitted that.  Yes, they said it was only "five names," and they said it was on a private forum,  but still, they admitted, they shared information.  Five names or five hundred, it makes little difference, it shows they did it once, it shows they will do it again.  They should have just said, "Yeah, we did it, our bad, we'll never do it again." But their constant admitting little bits, then retracting what they've admitted,  is just making them look crazy. And, the fact that they admitted it and never said, "We realize we were wrong and will never do it in the future," doesn't make them look very regretful, it makes them look like they just wish we wouldn't find it such a big deal.  TSR is not sorry they were sharing information, they are only sorry they were caught.  Big difference.

Also, fence sitters need to keep in mind that timing is everything.  If TSR has all this lovely evidence, then they should have shown it a long time ago.  They haven't.  Why not?   

Edit reasons: Accidentally posted this before I was finished.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 16, 16:57:31 by Darqstar » Logged

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: 2009 March 16, 18:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The steps Thomas has taken to stop coconut from getting the screencaps says it all.  All of the screenies have been verified in one way or another, the apology from sasi for her part on sims cave. Thomas has verified most of them with his rants.

Exactly. Smells like desperation to me.

Dot's screenies are there, she knows that is what she typed, if she is claiming that they are fake now her value as a human being is sinking by the second, and she seriously needs to be ashamed of herself. 

Not going to happen. DOT is a shameless TSR toad who will do or say anything to ensure that TSR gets away with their crimes. Rather than shame, I'd imagine that she's incredibly proud of her latest attempt to lie to subscribers. The poor, pathetic thing probably even believes that she's saving a floundering TSR.

Coconut and PMBD are kicking their ass, people.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: 2009 March 16, 18:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.  Anyone who knows anything about graphics programs will realize that if its that clear up close? 
DOT = phail!

Yes, but DOTTY definitely isn't someone who knows anything about graphics programs.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: 2009 March 16, 18:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with you guys. I've had a lot of education about graphics and images. That "white and pink stuff" around the letters happens when an image that's originally a smaller resolution is made bigger because the program is trying its best to figure out what color pixels to put there because it doesn't have the information. It turns so garish when you play with the curves slider (which she shouldn't be touching...the curves feature is hard to use if you don't know what the hell you're doing. Just stick to your levels, honey) because it's adjusting the contrast and the amount of dark and light pixels.

FAIL DOT.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: 2009 March 16, 18:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We got shown in a class how to enlarge stuff in photoshop so you don't get that, BTW.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: 2009 March 16, 18:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy I just prefer to work in vectors whenever I can get away with it. Those you can enlarge allll you want and no information is lost.

Also, with the screenies. Every time you save a .jpeg, a little bit of information gets thrown out. It's possible that it's just been saved and pulled from the net, etc, a few too many times, too. That could account for the color degredation.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: 2009 March 16, 18:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With TSR, degradation is a given. Tongue

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Camy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: 2009 March 16, 23:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, TSR fails.

Article on different saving formats.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: