PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 05:11:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 30 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074582 times)
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3975 on: 2009 March 13, 13:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how many PMBD / MATY get?  We could become More Visitors Than You!

Yeah, but then it wouldn't be a word or anything would it.  It would be MVTY instead of MATY.  Unless you do the title in olde fashioned roman letters or something.  Done right, it would look actually quite cool.  (I do calligraphy, so I can go a little nuts over lettering sometimes.  Bizarre, I know, but there you have it.)

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: 2009 March 13, 15:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have around 10 accounts over at the tsr. I do not go there much so I always forget my log in info.  Now I just go over to point and laugh.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: 2009 March 13, 17:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only go there out of absolute necessity, like when I need a mesh for something I want elsewhere. It's such a pain in the ass to navigate and most of the stuff I want is available at headache free MTS2. Or was anyway.
Office Rules
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: 2009 March 14, 15:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have an account at TSR anymore....ever since I found PMBD I have no use for it....plus it is a pain in the ass to navigate and half the stuff there is shite anyway.
I find it hilarious that Atwat thinks that TSR will go down without her........delusional,much?I think TSR is going to go down with or without her,as more and more people are going to find out what a terrible place TSR is.....and hopefully come to the voice of reason which is PMBD and all the other sites that tell the unvarnished truth about TSR.I haven't posted much about this because I wasn't sure what exactly was going on but after reading Coconut's blog(and a few others)I am really angry about TSR tactics and the people employed there......particularly the fact that TSR is publishing people's email addresses and snail mail addresses.That is irresponsible,classless and downright dangerous.I can only hope that one day TSR will get their asses sued off by someone who has had their privacy violated.Any other business wouldn't be able to get away with this,so why is TSR?
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: 2009 March 14, 17:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's hard to say, since we intentionally keep down the user counts by purging extremely aggressively and discouraging unnecessary registration.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: 2009 March 14, 21:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any other business wouldn't be able to get away with this, so why is TSR?

Please, allow me answer on behalf of Thomass.

- "We here at TSR not only believe that the devil protects his own, but that he also likes lots and lots of pointless crap."

- "Business? What business? TSR is a fansite, you silly silly bitch."

- "Why, as a matter of fact, we have been investigated before, but we just showed them some of DOT's shapes and they left laughing."

- "I was assured by a group of very powerful and influential persons that if I were never to sing publicly again then nobody would ever question anything I did here at TSR."

- "One word: atwat. We DARE anybody to investigate us."
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: 2009 March 14, 22:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snarky, have you ever posted anything that didn't make people laugh? 

I swear, if they ever are taken down, they'll probably use the defense of, "We did it for the lutz!"

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: 2009 March 14, 22:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's hard to say, since we intentionally keep down the user counts by purging extremely aggressively and discouraging unnecessary registration.

At first I read that as "user cunts."  Shocked

Bah I wouldn't put it past TSR to fake login numbers. After all, there website is so costly to host!  Roll Eyes The way I see it, Thomas will dig himself a ditch if he comments, or any staff for that fact, about how much traffic they do actually get. Because if they say they get atleast 1000 plus unique logins a day at the lowest sub (assuming all unique logins are subscriber) that's close to $400,000 dollars. Hell even if we assume that that only 1/4 of the logins are subscribers, that's still 100,000 plus a year he's rolling in. That would only be if all those logins were the basic two month. I highly doubt he spends anywhere near that much to keep that shitty site running.

On the other hand, if he says that yes they only have about 800 logins a day, then they shot themselves in the foot by saying the need to charge people to access the website. Either way he's fucked and confirms that he's just charging people out the ass.

On a completely random sidenote, I'm wondering if on coconut's newest blog entry if the right hand side has been cut off for anyone else?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: 2009 March 15, 00:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has alot lower stats than MTS2 according to Alexa...

(links have expired, just go to alexa.com and check it out)

If MTS2 uses about 2000 bucks a month on server costs, (last time I asked it was around 1500) you can probably guess how little TSR really needs (unless they are completely shit at php and such, and have a resource hogging piece of shit for a website). They pay 40+ FA's and other staff, plus support 2 or 3 households on the income of the site.

Inactive
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3984 on: 2009 March 15, 01:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has alot lower stats than MTS2 according to Alexa...

(links have expired, just go to alexa.com and check it out)

If MTS2 uses about 2000 bucks a month on server costs, (last time I asked it was around 1500) you can probably guess how little TSR really needs (unless they are completely shit at php and such, and have a resource hogging piece of shit for a website). They pay 40+ FA's and other staff, plus support 2 or 3 households on the income of the site.

That is probably not far from the truth - but I still think that even with that said, they make more than enough to cover costs, including paying the FAs

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3985 on: 2009 March 15, 04:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Screw just covering costs, they have enough to pay for a second house for Thomas. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3986 on: 2009 March 15, 04:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was understating for effect Cheesy

www.thestormradio.com
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3987 on: 2009 March 15, 04:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, crap.  My bad then.  I cannot believe I missed understatement.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3988 on: 2009 March 15, 04:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*laughs* Because my tone was just that dry and....err.  But yeah, Thomass is a scumsucker.

www.thestormradio.com
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: 2009 March 15, 05:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*laughs* Because my tone was just that dry and....err.  But yeah, Thomass is a scumsucker.

Well, yeah, cuz he and Atwa are both scum, and we know what they do to each other...

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: