PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 13:43:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 30 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074811 times)
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3915 on: 2009 March 10, 23:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, my favorite thing that DOT did at the cc was the bedroom set and kitchen set that matches, because you know, I'm going to design my bedroom based off my kitchen, and vice versa. That and the fact it shows that all The Sims 2 content that has been shown in the pictures was in fact the content in the game, not just filler stuff. Why the hell am I going to by a game if what I'm getting is the same as what I have already?

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: 2009 March 10, 23:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean your bedroom doesn't match you kitchen?!

They have been giving us the same crap forever, I don't see why they would stop now. The only difference is The Sims 2 was going to be so much better than Sims 1. Sims 3 seems like the only difference is you can make morbidly obese people, instead of normal sized people.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3917 on: 2009 March 11, 00:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And sims 3 also seems to be designed around the idea that skinny women have no curves, only the fat ones. Tongue

Seriously, my main issue is that its designed all around the sims themselves - its like they forgot that over half the people who play are either only interested in making things, or equally interested in playing and modding.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: 2009 March 11, 00:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm more of a builder then anything (I have had the game for 4 years now, and not a single family has made it past generation 4), and I don't see what The Sims 3 has to offer for me. Ohh, I can drag the wall out to make a room bigger, so what, is it really that hard to take it down and rebuild it? All it is is The Sims 2 on a new engine and a few things changed around, thats all.

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: 2009 March 11, 00:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit, I've not gotten a family past generation two! I build houses like mad, but can't settle into playing families for love nor money.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3920 on: 2009 March 11, 01:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here - builder primarily, with meshing and recolouring secondary, to decorate my houses.  [So of course my one wiki listing is my foxes and my one featured is a CAS screen - go fig. Cheesy].  Gotten -one- family through 10 generations, but they were all plantsims.

And I'm glad you have a happy home again.  Kids are like most of us, we -all- do better with honey rather than vinegar.

And I think whoever is in charge of Sims now is a player rather than a creator - and so doesn't get that alot of us don't care about how the sims themselves work, if the building and decor sucks.

www.thestormradio.com
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: 2009 March 11, 02:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am a player, I made my first skin blend the other day and I can promise it will never see the light of day. I wouldn't play in a house that had shit decorations like that. It would make my head hurt and I wouldn't get 15 minutes into the game before I had to barf. It seems to me like someone who actually thinks T$R has quality stuff has designed the decor and furniture. Which is even more reason to boycott the game, you might go blind.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: 2009 March 11, 04:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*throws maximum eye bleach ultra into eyes* EA is stupid for using their crap as advertising, for real. Too bad the sheeples will just think it is da bomb and all that anyways and keep their pre-orders. grrrrr

I usually am just a game player, but have recently learned how to recolor. Yippee! I was proud of it  Tongue (I entered the cmc contest @ bps). Now I want to learn how to mesh. I have the tools all ready-just need the inspirational butt-kick to start.  Roll Eyes  But it's ok, I have lots of time since I'm staying right behind with good ol' TS2. (Thanks again EA.)

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3923 on: 2009 March 11, 16:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to learn to mesh, start with something that is simple, and that you have a model on hand to work with.  I think my first mesh was some utility shelves that still work as bookshelves, because I never re-did them after ofb came out [Should add that to my list as well...I sort of understand slots.]  Real simple, just cylinders and boxes.

And there are a lot of really good tutorials out there, for a variety of mesh programs Smiley

www.thestormradio.com
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: 2009 March 11, 17:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There seem to be some nifty features coming in Sims 3, like being able to move around the neighborhood, and for us builders, to be able to change room sizes easily. But all in all it doesn't look like it's going to be worth the expense and trouble. The Sims in particular bother me. They look like cartoons and I don't play the game for cartoonish representation. I like things as realistic as possible. Can you imagine one of those freakish Sims 3 Sims in a room full of Adele's furniture, for example? It would look like Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

I don't like the reports I hear that you'll have to have an Internet connection to at least install and initialize the game, either. I don't like EA having a live link to my system and I sure don't like not being able to circumvent their computer-crippling security rootkits. I'm not 100% sure of my facts on this but I've heard it in three or four different places. Until I get the true scoop from an unimpeachable source, like PMBD or MATY, I'm planning to avoid Sims 3.

The one who angers you, controls you.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: 2009 March 11, 17:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like the reports I hear that you'll have to have an Internet connection to at least install and initialize the game, either. I don't like EA having a live link to my system and I sure don't like not being able to circumvent their computer-crippling security rootkits. I'm not 100% sure of my facts on this but I've heard it in three or four different places. Until I get the true scoop from an unimpeachable source, like PMBD or MATY, I'm planning to avoid Sims 3.

That's one of my major turn offs too.  Sometimes, when the internet is down, is exactly when I enjoy playing games the most.  It irritates me that so many games now, want you to be connected to the net while you play.

Not to mention that with The Sims, they usually advise you turn off your antivirus software.  Oh, thank you, EA, you want me on the 'net, and you want me to turn off the antivirus software.  Why not make it so only IE can be used if you have the game?  I mean, if you're going to risk my game and computer, let's do it all the way. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3926 on: 2009 March 11, 18:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They said the same thing about Spore - that you'd need an internet connection - you don't.  Its BS so they can lure folks into logging on and getting their computers infected so that they can later accuse the paying costumers of being pirates or stupid.

www.thestormradio.com
Moonie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: 2009 March 11, 18:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Spore and you never need the internet to play.  You have the option to log on and play with other people's aliens, but it's not necessary.  I haven't looked that much into Sims 3 because I knew I wasn't going to buy it until the price dropped drastically so I had no idea they said internet was a requirement, but it would be really stupid it they made it that way.  I can just see my innocent sim walking around minding their business when a sim fully decked out in t$r crap comes and tries to get them to buy said crap.  Angry

Two atoms were sitting at a bar... one says "I think I just lost an electron."  The other asks "are you sure?" To which the first one replies " I'm positive." - Wadsworth (from Fallout 3)
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: 2009 March 11, 22:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While you don't need the internet to play Spore, I thought you had to connect to the internet the first time you play to validate it. I'm pretty sure thats what I had to do when I got it back in January.

Johquil
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: 2009 March 11, 23:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got my partner spore for christmas, because he'd wanted it since it came out. I managed to get a 2nd-hand copy of galactic edition for really cheap (about NZ$40 than in shops at the time), what I didn't realise was that the arse that sold it to me had already registered with that disc online and was on-selling because he didn't need it anymore. We installed it anyway, thinking who needs the net when you can play it without logging on.
 Hubby wasn't bothered until he got the expansion pack. You apparently need to register online to install updates, as well as expansion packs. Needless to say, we were quite miffed.
 We decided to tell EA we now owned the disk with this serial number, so could they transfer it to us, weeks later we got a reply from EA saying that we'd need permission of the seller to do so. Needless to say, seller didn't reply at all to any of our e-mails. The other way was either to send the disk and US$10 to EA to get a new numer, or pay NZ$75 for a new disk. In the end it was cheaper to buy a new disk and onsell that, and when we did it, we were honest. The guy who bought it was over the moon, cheap spore, & he had a valid reason to stop his kid internetting with it.
 Now, we've got everything (supposedly) running all smooth like, his expansion pack parts and textures and whatnot have dissapeared. I've made creatures using them in the past, but the option to edit them is not available, because we don't have the ep. It all makes me so angry...I will definitley be avoiding TS3 if this is the shite I can expect.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: