PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 09:50:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 27 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074718 times)
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3390 on: 2009 February 19, 22:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That CC is up to standard for T$R Roll Eyes. Stuff like that makes June 2nd seem too soon.

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
simaholics
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: 2009 February 19, 22:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know, but I was wondering how it works exactly. What does Steve actually do besides owning TSR, how does he relate to Thomas (I heard they were family?), how did they get started and such. Only I just realised that I know crap-all about that place, other than they suck and are rather detroy-worthy.

They are twin brothers as far as I know  Wink

Come and join us pirates on facebook as well Cheesy
Dina D
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3392 on: 2009 February 19, 22:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my memory is old...lol...but I think Steve may be related by a marraige somewhere...he's not blood related to that moron...now I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...but I thought that Steve was the original owner of TSR...but I guess it kind of grew too fast or something for him...so I'm not sure if he hired Ibibi  or if they became partners...Ibibi is owned by ThomAss father I believe...

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3393 on: 2009 February 19, 22:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Steve's british, Thoma$$ is swedish - iirc.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
simaholics
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: 2009 February 19, 23:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops on my behlalve LOL Johan and Thomas are twins Cheesy I don't know where Steve comes in

Come and join us pirates on facebook as well Cheesy
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: 2009 February 19, 23:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe we should get a team of reporters to investigate them. Get 20/20 to follow them around. It would make a good report.

Does anybody remember when SimFreaks was the main evil paysite? I miss those days.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: 2009 February 19, 23:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought Will Wright and Steve Bonham are actually friends or something in RL??

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
LadyDea
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: 2009 February 19, 23:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um a bit off topic but not quite as this is from one of TSR's flunkies...

It's from week three of the creators camp and um don't know about ya'll but my retinas are burning right now.

http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/event.jsp?author=tdyannd#tdyannd

Even the sheep at the bbs are complaining about how ugly this crap is!  Shocked

That house looks straight out from The Sims 2. The only improvement I can really see from that particular photo is that the background neighbourhood is much more detailed. The house panelling is quite ugly and the house itself is nothing to brag about. My own building skills are mediocre at best and even then I can do better.

... Why are sheeple excited for The Sims 3 again? I really don't understand the hype.

Come visit Sammytopia
I_luv_the_booty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: 2009 February 20, 00:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's from week three of the creators camp and um don't know about ya'll but my retinas are burning right now.

That house looks straight out from The Sims 2. The only improvement I can really see from that particular photo is that the background neighbourhood is much more detailed. The house panelling is quite ugly and the house itself is nothing to brag about. My own building skills are mediocre at best and even then I can do better.

... Why are sheeple excited for The Sims 3 again? I really don't understand the hype.

Because of it's "ooooh shininessssss"
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: 2009 February 20, 00:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because of it's "ooooh shininessssss"

This is the very definition of bad advertizing. THIS is how they want to drum up interest in Sims3? Whatever positives the game might have to offer are clearly not on display. I tried to keep an open mind, but fuck it. I'm simply not impressed with any of the new features and that's 100% due to the creator camp and their insider pics.

Whoever's idea it was to have the creator camp and post pics from it should be fired. Or maybe it was a good idea that was executed poorly. I'm sure if they chose talented innovative custom creators it could've made for a wonderful outcome. I'd actually be curious about the game. But nooooo.
Dina D
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3400 on: 2009 February 20, 00:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy I'm not sure but I think Steve used to own it, then 'gave' it to Thoma$$ and Co?  Undecided But that would fit wouldn't it? In that the Isacsson clan saw yet another opportunity to make money by turning it into yet another mega fansite?

I don't think Steve "Gave it" to anyone...I believe he either sold part of it or they are partners...

I thought Will Wright and Steve Bonham are actually friends or something in RL??

don't know...but I think Steve used to be one of the Maxoids at the BBS...

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3401 on: 2009 February 20, 00:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Steve brings in connections - he's the reason TSR is the pet site of EA.  But, TSr was originally a host site - they sold webspace.  I guess they figured to make more just doing it all themselves.

And Sim Freaks is still evil, just they tend to stick to themselves, not actively try to hurt freesites.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3402 on: 2009 February 20, 00:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what the hype is about, although to be fair, hypes are about nothing much by definition. Baked wind as we say in Belgica.

Me, I've noticed a feeling of relief and calm these last few weeks. TS2 is done. No more expansion packs, extention packs, stuff packs, deluxe packs and super-duper-crap-packs, no more overhauling my entire DL folder for very new pack, no more hunting down old hacks for updates, choosing between cool hacks and expansions, no more dragging in oodles of GBs over my crappy connection and messing with no-cd patches... It's finished. They're going to leave me the fuck alone to enjoy my game the way it is. All the sheeple will storm over to the next shiny thing like ferrets on crystal meth and I'll be right here simming away in absolute peace.

I can't wait until it comes out.

ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: 2009 February 20, 01:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't heard anything about or from SimFreaks in so long that I forgot they were still around.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: 2009 February 20, 01:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who? Shows you how much they're on my radar...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: