PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 13:04:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 28 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074797 times)
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3180 on: 2009 February 14, 17:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This kind of crap screams "We want YOU to create more crap for us!!11 We gif u monies, u gif us ur soul!!! Monies, FTW!!!11"

TSRans seriously need a 12-step program to ever be desensitized from that cult-world.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: 2009 February 14, 18:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question..why the fuck did Cabbycat post this in a Sims-related forum?!

Let me play the world's smallest violin for you there CabbyCat. Along with Paden, I really wish I knew what school you attended. I'm a college student who hasnt let her GPA fall below a 3.8. I work my ass off and for you to come in here excited that you got an A by plagarism and then defend it because of family and mental problems is bullshit. I've had family and mental problems as well. You know what I did? I wrote MY 25-page research paper on G.A.D and Panic Disorder with multiple sources and original ideas. Guess what, I got an A. If you do have the problems that you claim to have, I hope you get help. But I refuse to stand by and let you use them for an excuse to plagarize. We all have problems.

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
I_luv_the_booty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: 2009 February 14, 19:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The internet does not make kids lazy. The kids in question are obviously just lazy to begin with and the internet is just a diversion.

A Webster's online or a Webster's on paper is still a Webster's. Using the one does not make you any better than someone that uses the other. However not using one at all does in fact make you an idiot. I totally agree with Quinctia, research without the internet sucks. I don't quite understand how using the internet is not doing it on your own, that makes no sense. The value of information is not altered by it's mode of transportation.

I love Webster's online dictionary. It's helped me look less stupid when replying to post on the many forums I frequent.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: 2009 February 14, 19:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Asperger's is difficult.  My son has it and constantly gets grief from other people because of his oddities.  He's physically clumsy and talks in a monotone.  He finds it almost impossible to converse normally, and instead says whatever is on his mind at the moment (usually something like obscure facts of dinosaur anatomy.)  He's been rejected from every private school we've applied to despite very high grades, test scores, and IQ, and at this level the public schools have stopped functioning for him.  So I'm homeschooling him and we have tutors for things I can't teach, like math.

On the other hand, he's the sweetest child in the world.  He has no guile.  He's incapable of lying or doing something dishonest.  And he's brilliant in scientific subjects. His hero is Bill Gates (also an Asperger's person).

So cabbycat, I empathize with you. it's a challenge. There are medications that can help.  If you're suicidal, you absolutely need to be in treatment.  Let an adult know and follow through on getting psychiatric care.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: 2009 February 14, 19:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stop blaming your syndrome for everything in life. There are others here that know people that have it or have it themselves. They deal with it admirably, I learn so very much from these very same people when they take the time to explain things in a manner that everyone understands. You didn't give all of the facts. You made a pretty incoherant post that got translated wrong. Don't want that to happen? Then take the time to put the thought into how others are going to read and interpret it, instead of making us do the guess work about what in the hell you meant.

Suicidal thoughts? Been there and still I live. Depression? Ditto. Your "teacher" needs their ass kicked for not being able to help you more than what s/he did. There are right ways and there are wrong ways to write a report. The whole function of them is to do the reading, internalize it, interpret the facts, and write them in your own words, showing with your own ideas that you do understand the material that you have taken into your brain and are capable of writing them out in a manner that makes sense to others so they in turn may understand the concept. At least, that's what my composition teachers told me when I'd gripe and ask why reports had to be written in the first place, more than twenty-five years ago.

Don't go waving your affliction/syndrome/problem about as if it gives you an easy pass through life. It doesn't. It makes it a bit harder on you to communicate and understand, yes. BUT, it also makes you a stronger person when you've learned the skills and gotten the experience in using them. Shortcuts in education are bad. It doesn't make you smarter or any more worthy of passing into the next grade than the next person, it just sets you up to fail later if you don't have the skills and knowlege to keep up with those of your group that are in the same class. DON'T get all defensive and scream, "I have <insert problem/syndrome> and it makes me special!!" Fight to learn and learn to fight. That is the way you're going to get what you need in this world: making sure that you get it all properly installed upstairs so that you can earn your way in the mean streets and take care of you and yours.

Good luck, you'll need it and an attitude adjustment to see that you aren't the only person that suffers from this. Look around, we've got board members here that do just fine and my hat is off to them because they don't use it as an excuse for what have you. They are the true winners, because they don't blame it and try to get by on being mediocre. They excell because they're driven to prove that by God, they can do it and more. Don't whine, Cabbycat, WIN.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: 2009 February 14, 19:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are we wasting server space for this? 

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: 2009 February 14, 19:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yay, ANOTHER "Assburgers" case. Seriously, does EVERYONE AND THEIR FREAKING DOG have this now? I'm telling you, MADE UP MENTAL ILLNESS to stigmatize the fact that you are a DORK.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3187 on: 2009 February 14, 19:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*turns Pes into a baby and pulls out the BBQ*

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: 2009 February 14, 20:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bill Gates does not have Asperger's. Unlike Pescado, I believe it is real; however, it is utterly ridiculous that people say every geek has Asperger's Syndrome. No, nuh-uh, no way. Someone with Asperger's would have more than serious problems building a multi-billion dollar empire and Bill Gates does not actually have problems interacting with people. Just with getting a good haircut.

ETA: I found an article claiming Thomas Jefferson had Asperger's. Oh fucking hell no. That manipulative bastard? Well, that's the stupidest thing I've read today, it can't get worse.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: 2009 February 14, 20:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wanna bet? We don't know if Atwat sent Thomass a card for Valentine's yet!! Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: 2009 February 14, 20:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wanna bet? We don't know if Atwat sent Thomass a card for Valentine's yet!! Cheesy

That would at least be expected stupidity.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3191 on: 2009 February 14, 20:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yay, ANOTHER "Assburgers" case. Seriously, does EVERYONE AND THEIR FREAKING DOG have this now? I'm telling you, MADE UP MENTAL ILLNESS to stigmatize the fact that you are a DORK.

You just say that cause you tested high on the internet test for it.   Cheesy Typical avoidance behaviour - deny its existence and maybe you don't have it.  Tongue

As for the rest - plagiarism from a stranger on the internet - I couldn't give a damn.  If you were my student, I'd catch you out and warn you. But, not being your mother or doctor, which I think you should probably take this to, it's officially not my business.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
VaVe
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: 2009 February 14, 20:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't agree with plagerism, some of us do have to stay up all night before an assignment is due to get it handed in on time. However, the asperger's I do sympathise with. My brother has it and after seeing what he went through at school I cannot agree with certain people who think its an excuse. I spent my time working with kids with it and sometimes you want stick peoples' heads underwater until they understand this.
The difference is that my brother refuses to tell anybody he has it (that he knows) and he never uses it as an excuse. There are plenty of people out there who deal and even more who sympathise, doesn't mean you don't have to follow the rules the same as everybody else.
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: 2009 February 14, 21:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe some kids have these issues. I also agree that some parents like to give their kids a label as an excuse for their kids bad behavior. I know a mother who went to several doctors...she had to find one that would agree with her that her son was adhad and put him on meds. He does not have adhad or whatever, he is in my mind a normal kid. The mother is just to lazy to get off the couch and chase after him. She gets up with him in the morning, feeds him, puts him in front of the TV and then goes back to bed until lunch. He is 3 years old, all normal 3 year old kids are hyper. Now  the kid is sedated all the time and sits there like a lump. Now she is saying he is autistic o.0  It is cases like this 1 that gives the real ones a bad name.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: 2009 February 14, 21:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that is just sick Littletoes. It really is sad when people try to label themselves (or their children) as an excuse to be a jabba the hut. I can't believe a "parent" would be soo willing to work so hard to get their children on poisons. I work so hard to monitor my son's diet and make sure he is not taking any unnecessary meds. I would never dream about begging a doc to give him unhealthy shit!

All they ever did was try to label my brother as ADHD and stuck him on all that bs meds. It messed him up BIG time. Luckily, my parents realized the teachers/schools were just a bunch of lazy bastards who wanted to just label him and therefore have an excuse to treat him like shit. Once off the meds-he was fine as could be.

There are tons of people out there with special needs and they truly are amazing to watch-because they work harder to live a normal (if you call societal norms normal) life.

Anyways, my hat is off to the hard working parents/teachers (MUCHO props Dietofworms) doing all they can to enrich their children's lives and teach them they truly are great.

Paden pretty much said it all! LOL

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: