PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 04:15:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 29 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074545 times)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3165 on: 2009 February 14, 09:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Precisely. If she had researched more sources than one, I'd not have gotten off like that. I just got regally upset because of the fact she stated she reworded an article and received an A, when I UNDERSTAND there are countless students spending hours and hours and hours scrubbing online, gathering information for their official statements. A lot of them, uh-huh, also utilize thin flat wooden pulp material back up supplies and because of this, they have ovens nearby their waste pipes when it comes to writing up things for their social groups of similar opportunities. The spoiled child took Harry Potter, rearranged the words and gave it to their hands, removing something that belonged to someone else. tah-wang! In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, have 2-3 information providers to labor upon, at least! Something kinda Celtic looking!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: 2009 February 14, 09:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snarky and Paden, your posts are almost the same, had to do a double take... Cheesy Are you sure you're not made for eachother?

Inactive
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3167 on: 2009 February 14, 09:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snarky and Paden, your posts are almost the same, had to do a double take... Cheesy Are you sure you're not made for eachother?

It's a joke about plagiarism.  Cheesy Maybe they revealed their secret shame - they are actually the same person.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: 2009 February 14, 10:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhaha ok  Cheesy Maybe I should get back to bed.

Inactive
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: 2009 February 14, 10:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snarky, you make me so happy.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3170 on: 2009 February 14, 12:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snarky where do you get your sense of humour from, I want to buy some too  Grin

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3171 on: 2009 February 14, 13:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Southern Illinois University plagiarises plagiarism policy. 

http://www.margaretsoltan.com/?p=8523

Plagiarism is srs business.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: 2009 February 14, 14:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A: littletoes of course I know you were being sarcastic.
B: A post was deleted. Apparently it did in fact die.
C: Paden can you come to my house and deal with the band I have living upstairs?
D: Snarky 1 internet for you.
E: Nouk no soup for you.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: 2009 February 14, 15:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There has been students in my class who tried to use Wikipedia as a source, and their only source . It is good for day to day things but not for a paper. That girl used Snopes? I would not say that is a good source either. So if you are going to be lazy and only use one reference, at least use a good source to base everything from. What kind of crack pot teacher does she have anyways. Any teacher with brains asks for sources and references from students when doing a paper and would not accept snopes. I guess the teacher is lazy too.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: 2009 February 14, 15:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fault the teacher as well. Granted not everyone can keep up with the latest research on everything, but still. And to say "Jesus created the internet"Huh? That student got a C, but still that should have been an F.

We were always told when writing term papers or research papers we  had to have a least two sources and quote and provide them. And that was before the internet. Why teachers still don't do that, I don't know.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
cabbycat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: 2009 February 14, 16:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The HTTP/HTTPS thing really doesn't matter, because it only protects against one particularly obscure form of attack that basically never happens on normal networks. Plus it's a real pain in the neck to set up in the first place, and tends to involve you in even more dodgy shyster companies.
Well it got me an A!
I didn't really even have to search hard to find it. It's on snopes.com.
I'm not certain I follow you.

End of year school project. Had to check out computer safety for computer class and I looked up snopes (I was bored) and the HTTP thing came up and I just rewrote it and got an A on the project.Then again someone said Jesus made the interwebs and got a C. My teachers are idoits. Lips sealed
I am in an exam year where I live so it was a big help.

If this doesn't make any sense it because it almost 2:00 am here and my bloody neighbours are screaming at the top of their  lungs. Damn Drunk Teenagers.  Cry
Anyone know a legal way to shut them up? Cops don't do a thing. The neighbours are at the cop shop every week because they get beaten up by the rival town group. I wish Pinhead was here to rip their bodies apart.Or you know any old horror villan.I think I go sleep sleep now.

You know, not to sound like an old bitch now, but I'm going to because you damn well deserve it. If I knew where you went to school, I'd turn your ass in for what you've done. You did no work of your own, did no research and learned nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. In fact, you pretty much would fit right in with some of the folks over at TSR just fine, what with the way they slap logos from famous companies onto their shit and such. You stole your grade just like they steal ideas from those more intelligent than they are. I'm ashamed you're here. This one time, I will agree with Pes. DIE, 12!!

We have people here in college that work their asses off to get the grades that they do and they are right to be proud of the work they do! We have a woman that is writing her thesis and is tops in her field due to hard work and effort, and here you are, a punk licking on a goddamn lollipop, proud as hell that you stole research from a well-known website, changed some words around a bit and received an A!! If you are any example of the kind of student that goes to a public school, I'm going to home school my kid in the hopes that he learns how to do some WORK!

Would you admit this kind of shit to your parents? No? Then why in the hell do it here?! Did you expect a pat on the head and an, "Oh, you are just the most cunning and clever little thing I've ever run across in all my born days, bless your little cotton socks," kind of reception?? SURPRISE! You ain't gonna get it! You're lazy. You're stupid. You have all the morals of Rod Blagojevich trying to auction off Obama's senate seat! Get thee gone and ne'er return, for you plain suck. And yeah, if my kid pulled something like what you just admitted to, I'd hit the roof worse than this, you can bet your ass. You either get somewhere on your own merits or you bust your guts trying. You DON'T ride the coattails of those with more brains and talent than your own and then say that you did it all by yourself.
Listen I was told to get a few pages and write them up because I had family problems. And how would you feel if you werel going to school with a big bunch of losers who beat you up everyday because you look different.

And I did use more than one souce of infomation to get that. I used 7 sources and she told to use one so I did. And I didn't say I did it all be myself. I said it helped me.
I felt guitly after I did use one source. To the point where I was told so much as that I'll go to hell for what I did. By my dad.

Plus I don't want to get on with my life. I actually want to die before I'm 18. That is what I want to do with my life. Because who care's about a kid that going to hell for writing one paper with something that was copied.

I don't care if I copied the work at least I did write most of the paper by myself. With the info included. I said It helped me. It mightn't sound like that here but thats what it sounds like to me. So thank you very much for making me better about myself. Ever think that maybe I was just trying to fit in. That what most kids do. I try to have friends. But I can't because I am different and everyone hates me because of it.

I used the snopes as a starter point for the 20 page term paper.I had to copy something because I had less time then everyone. I metioned that in my notes. So yes I copied and reworded it because had no Idea what it was and when I was begining to understand I wrote some more on what each meant and did. I used it as a starter.

My teacher gave Jesus boy a C because he also put some intellingentnotes in his. Plus she is a CSPE teacher not a computer teacher like what she should of been.

I have now been taken out of my school and put into homeschool because I have Aspergers and serious suicidal thoughts.

LINKS TO THE OTHER SITES  I used snopes as a starter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Https
http://www.auditmypc.com/acronym/HTTPS.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HyperText_Transfer_Protocol
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2818.txt
http://www.virtu-software.com/ask-doug/QandA.asp?q=42
http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/https.asp
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/

EXAMPLES OF HTTPS IN USE
https://secure.fanscape.com/signup.aspx?band=30SECONDSTOMARS&background=&headerurl=https://secure.fanscape.com/noheader.htm&textcolor=000000&fontsize=1&face=verdana,helvetica,arial&bgcolor=000000&framerows=0&source=streetlink&requiredtextcolor=ff0000&requiredtextcolorin=red
https://www.paypal.com/ie/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_registration-run

EXAMPLE IF HTTP That should use HTTPS
http://www.thesimsresource.com/account/signup
« Last Edit: 2009 February 14, 16:35:51 by cabbycat » Logged

"There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn\'t get worse every year." - Unknown "Here's to you and here's to me, and I hope we never disagree. But, if that should ever be, to HELL with you, here's to ME!" - Unknown
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: 2009 February 14, 16:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3177 on: 2009 February 14, 17:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL @ Darqstar Smiley

I get what you're saying, emo kid. I thought I wanted to die too throughout my teens, andI'm not kidding either. Everything was so crappy, diseases and trouble everywhere, you wouldn't believe it. Nothing was worth getting out of bed for and everything was wasted on me. Then I turned 20, brightened the fuck up and realised I was a whiny deadbeat with no skills worth mentioning. So take it from me. The suicide? It may happen someday, but concider the possibility that you may, in fact, live to see adulthood. That's gonna be seriously awkward.

Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: 2009 February 14, 17:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I felt that way all through HS, went into recovery in my 20's and now I'm in my 50's and realized that I wasn't all that wrong when I was 15.

I mean, this is the 3rd damned recession I've lived through.  It gets old after a while.  Undecided

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: 2009 February 14, 17:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar that was awesome!

Live sucks-but it's the same for everyone! Just keep on trucking..and if you really need a reason to keep living-do it because you want PAYSITES to be destroyed!

Serious Note: Why care about what other people think of you? If I cared about every damned thing someone said about me I'd go crazy! Embrace your differences and let nonsense roll off your back. Not everyone is going to like you. That's ok bc you have to like yourself. You're the only one who has to live with you. I dunno. Your post creeps me out to the point I don't know what else to say. But don't take that as an offense. It's only because I don't like seeing such negativity!

And seriously-suicide is never an answer. I've had several really close peps who did kill themselves and it was difficult to deal with. I know there has got to be SOMEONE who you really care about/ vice versa. Please seek their help. It's obvious you need to reach out to someone! Don't let your disability disable you. Work it all out to the best of your abilities and keep trying and reaching out for help when you need it. Life is a great balancing act.

I will only mention this about the school junk. The internet is good for research. Just make sure you use your own originality to incorporate it into your work. Don't copy what someone else wrote. Simple.

In the wise words of the Evil Reverend: It's ok to be hard on yourself, just don't take it personally.

Aight peace out...
« Last Edit: 2009 February 14, 22:53:46 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: