PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 14:12:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 20 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074816 times)
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2730 on: 2009 January 24, 06:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excuses. excuses, Calalily.  If you want to quit, bloody well do it.  You'd be amazed at what a little determination can achieve.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2731 on: 2009 January 24, 08:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excuses. excuses, Calalily.  If you want to quit, bloody well do it.  You'd be amazed at what a little determination can achieve.

Have you been reading my posts at all? I get an allergic reaction to quitting and can't stop it - you can blather on about determination, but it doesn't stop giant lumpy rashes last I heard.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2732 on: 2009 January 24, 09:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might be able to cut back to the point you only got tiny rashes?

Ugh, I have a mysterious plant in the woods near my house that makes me break out in a rash if the CAT finds it outside and then I pet the cat, so you have my sympathy on the rash bit.

...and I have mad love for clove cigarettes, but since I only smoke outdoors and/or while drinking at the residence of a smoker friend, I find myself going through a total of like 5-6 packs a year.  I have a feeling my Diet Mountain Dew habit will kill my body long before the clove smoke.
putti
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: 2009 January 24, 12:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hubby and I gave up smoking for six month awhile back,then he came home and said
" I had a puff today", I thought ' Ohh yeh!'
Then it was " I had a cig today,only one" and I thought ' here we go again!'
You know what happend,he started again and I lasted for a other 2 weeks.
But I couldn't stand the stink,I never realized how much they stank.
Besides I must've put on 20 kilos,I hate being fat.
Now I'm sitting here with a fag in my hand,but I'm slim again. Cheesy
What can I say!

Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2734 on: 2009 January 24, 13:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yeah.  I read them alright.  If you really wanted to quit, you would have asked a doctor about the rashes.  I'm sure they'd be delighted to help.  You didn't get allergic reactions before you started smoking now did you?  Of course not.  Most likely there is a reason for it, and it is more than likely to be completely treatable.  Meaning that you can indeed quit and not break out in rashes.  But if you don't really want to, that's your call, I suppose.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: 2009 January 24, 14:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meanie, qutting smoking is not bloody easily. Luckily for me I didn't have the same issue as Calalily, but the withdraw symptoms are something I never ever want to go through ever again. It was basically my body finally being able to remove whatever crap in had in it, which was painful and I was job hunting at the same time I quite, so the stress levels were through the roof. So instead of having a go at her, how about being supportive?

Calalily, I hope whatever is causing those rashes when you have quit before (be it your body flaring up because its lost its drug, which it could very well be) isn't serious and that if you ever do decide to finally give in the smoking you can get it treated.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2736 on: 2009 January 24, 15:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to rerail this thing:

Have you seen that coconut's blog has over 36,000 hits?  And that there were two sim secrets made from the newest BG information?  I wonder if EA has been made aware of what TSR is doing to the files yet.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: 2009 January 24, 15:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't imagine they would care to be honest, I mean look at their 'reaction' to paysites. If they allow them to function still, I would hazard a guess they wouldn't midn what they do to make sure people don't steal their content.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2738 on: 2009 January 24, 17:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yeah.  I read them alright.  If you really wanted to quit, you would have asked a doctor about the rashes. I'm sure they'd be delighted to help.  You didn't get allergic reactions before you started smoking now did you?  Of course not.  Most likely there is a reason for it, and it is more than likely to be completely treatable.  Meaning that you can indeed quit and not break out in rashes.  But if you don't really want to, that's your call, I suppose.

You didn't read them well.  My doctor told me the only cure for the rashes is to start smoking again - there is no cure for them - and then try to quit again later. At this point, it's happened three times in the last three years.  I didn't even know it was possible to get an allergic reaction to quitting. I don't get rashes when I smoke - I get rashes when I quit smoking. And of course I didn't get them before I started smoking - it's an allergic reaction to nicotine withdrawal - hence without nicotine ever having been in my system, I couldn't have them.

All of those key points are in my original post, which you should have read more closely:

I smoke, but I'm not stopping at this point (or maybe any point) - I get an allergic reaction if I try to quit - not bullshit - actual doctor stuff.  I itch, I get a rash, cry all the time and start being irrational.  Apparently 3% of people get this allergic reaction when they try to quit.  I can take being shitty and flying off the handle, but I can't handle the irrationality.  Particularly since the flying off the handle stops after a couple of days, but the allergic reaction *doesn't* go away.  My doctor said that the only choice is to start smoking and try again later.

Calalily, I hope whatever is causing those rashes when you have quit before (be it your body flaring up because its lost its drug, which it could very well be) isn't serious and that if you ever do decide to finally give in the smoking you can get it treated.

If there was a pill, I would take it. Unfortunately, there isn't - it's apparently all about the nicotine withdrawal - causes great big lumpy rashes, and I felt like I wanted to claw my skin off with the itchiness.  Add to that crying all the time on top of the normal quit smoking irrationality, and it's hell.  The doctor says it doesn't happen all the time when you try to quit, but the last three times I tried to quit, it did.  With that to look forward to (because obviously, you can't have a "backup smoke" in the house when you're trying to quit) I don't really have the guts to try again right now.  I'm okay for the first day, but about 8pm on the second day, I start itching and coming up in welts. I've tried acupuncture and hypnotherapy and the pills that lessen your withdrawal symptoms, and none of those worked before the allergic reactions started.  It never happened when I was younger, but apparently because my mother smoked when she was pregnant with me, it affects me worse now that I've been smoking for so many years - hence allergic reaction to quitting.  I thought something else was wrong with me, and went to the doctor for steroid cream or some such, but he said the only cure is to smoke again, and try quitting later; and to do that each time it happens. So I bought some smokes. Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: 2009 January 24, 17:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't read them well.  My doctor told me the only cure for the rashes is to start smoking again - there is no cure for them - and then try to quit again later. At this point, it's happened three times in the last three years.  I didn't even know it was possible to get an allergic reaction to quitting. I don't get rashes when I smoke - I get rashes when I quit smoking. And of course I didn't get them before I started smoking - it's an allergic reaction to nicotine withdrawal - hence without nicotine ever having been in my system, I couldn't have them.

Am curious for the scientific reason for said rashes.You must have smoked a heck of a lot for your body to have grown so scaringly used to nicotine like that..thats quite alarming, Calaily, in all complete honestly.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: 2009 January 24, 17:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

calalily, man that totally sucks. Honestly.

Are you sure you're not French?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: 2009 January 24, 17:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even complete bastards have to draw the line somewhere and spreading trojans and breaking people's property ought to be not even heard of because they stopped the shit long before that line was gotten to. EA has no care for anyone unless they give them money, and then they stop caring once the money is in the till.

And Meanie, I do believe Cala said she had seen a doctor and he was just as stumped as she was about the damn rash. Nicotine addiction is akin to cocaine addiction or alcohol addiction in the intensity of said addiction. It's not easy to break at all. I've seen alcoholics attack smokers with such vehemence that they had to be restrained, which was rather hypocritical to say the least. Smoking and driving won't kill you, unless the cherry falls off into your crotch and you go off the side of a steep ditch while trying to get it put out or remove it and get killed. I don't think that's what is meant by being hot.

I feel for you, Cala, my nephew goes through the same damn thing every time he tries to quit and the doctor can't find any reason for him, either. And, he's also allergic to the patch, the gum, all of that shit. Hypnosis does nothing, cold turkey makes him impossible and needing a straight jacket, mittens, a ball gag and buckets and vats of skin soothers, all to no avail. I'd rather see him sane and smoking than foaming at the mouth and nicotine free.

I also tend to look at tobacco as the revenge the peoples of this country got on the white folk. They used it in ceremonial purposes or in meditative conditions in order to inspire visions and such. The white man discovered it, found that it gave him a buzz and went nucking futz. He shipped it all over the world and now, today, with all of the genetic tinkering that has been done to the plant over time, it's much stronger than the mild herb it was some hundreds of years ago. It took awhile, but the white finally is paying for what has been done to the people that settled here before they did. Revenge is a dish best served cold, and honey, this one is frozen. Sorry bout my insane rambling, I'm doing the coffee thing and am hyper again, no matter how my kidneys feel about it. Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2742 on: 2009 January 24, 18:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am curious for the scientific reason for said rashes.You must have smoked a heck of a lot for your body to have grown so scaringly used to nicotine like that..thats quite alarming, Calaily, in all complete honestly.

I don't know the proper name for it - the doctor didn't say, and I was in no fit condition to ask, what with the itching and uncontrollable weeping. Cheesy I had no fucking clue it even existed - who the fuck gets allergic to quitting nicotine? Well - apparently calalily does. Tongue

The doctor said that my mother smoking while pregnant "primed" me for an easy nicotine addiction - creating extra receptors or some such, and I started smoking at 13, regularly at 14 - at this point I've been smoking more than half my life. I'm an average smoker, not a heavy smoker - not like a 2 packs a day person.  I quit for about a year and a half total, with all the normal withdrawal crap, so I wasn't expecting this sort of reaction at all. I was expecting the normal ride it out and eat a lot, and you'll be fine type dealie - not extreme crap.  The allergic reactions didn't start until 3 years ago (in the lull before my doctorate with me aged 31) when I tried to quit.  Other people have them - I've just never met anybody with the same problem.  I will no doubt try again at some stage, when I get the balls to do it.  But at the moment the idea of crying and screaming and itching don't attract me - plus I can't afford to be illogical at this point, so I'll stick with the smoking.  Cheesy

calalily, man that totally sucks. Honestly.

Are you sure you're not French?

I do like little dogs that crap everywhere. Tongue

I'd rather see him sane and smoking than foaming at the mouth and nicotine free.

I wish I hadn't been drawn back to cigarettes the time I quit and it was relatively easy. I'd give anything for normal withdrawal symptoms.  Undecided

Visit Calalilysims

Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: 2009 January 24, 18:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also tend to look at tobacco as the revenge the peoples of this country got on the white folk. They used it in ceremonial purposes or in meditative conditions in order to inspire visions and such. The white man discovered it, found that it gave him a buzz and went nucking futz. He shipped it all over the world and now, today, with all of the genetic tinkering that has been done to the plant over time, it's much stronger than the mild herb it was some hundreds of years ago.

While tobacco was used for ceremonial and meditative reasons by the Native Americans, early Americans actually didnt get a buzz from tobacco until much later. Tobacco wasn't inhaled by users until growers started flue-curing tobacco after The Civil War. This way of curing made the tobacco more acidic and milder. This was when nicotine addiction actually started. Before this point tobacco was smoked in pipes or in snuff form and just kept in the mouth for the flavor. So in all reality tobacco is much more mild than it was during the 1600's, which has been the kiss of death for tobacco users.

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: 2009 January 24, 18:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*doesn't see what is so great about these finds*

I did that very same meme on that deviantart, so what does that make me? And so what, she drank alcohol and mentioned it across TSR in the forums; she's doing A Levels which suggests she 17/18 and legal to drink.

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: