PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 13:04:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 30 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074797 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2715 on: 2009 January 24, 01:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good God, Tabby, haven't you ever seen those bumper stickers before? It was humour, or don't you know me well enough by now to spot that when I do it? Way to be judgemental and condescending about the way I phrase something that others have said long before I have done it. Remind me to use a ton of smileys when I say something like that from now on, ok??

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: 2009 January 24, 01:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I was being condescending at all.  Sorry if I didn't think about a bumper sticker when I was in an online forum, as I said a couple of times already today; I am stressing big time. My kids are acting like GIANT assholes, my mother in law is giving me shit; and we just had to spend almost $200 to get my car fixed again

I won't bitch about personal stuff anymore, too much is taken wrong, since you know, text doesn't really convey emotion very well.  Undecided

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: 2009 January 24, 01:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's ok, I do understand. I was the same when my dad was dying of colon cancer and everything seemed to be going wrong. Rum?? *hands Tabby a big bottle of rum all for herself*

Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: 2009 January 24, 01:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAY! My own rum! You have no idea how bad I need alcohol at this point.  Cheesy

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: 2009 January 24, 01:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can guess. I wouldn't mind some myself, but... I know a little man would want to try it and that wouldn't be a great idea.

Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: 2009 January 24, 01:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankfully both my kids are in bed now, or someone would have been hit with a shoe.  Wink

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2721 on: 2009 January 24, 02:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok... well I was simply trying to applaud the people who were quitting smoking, and giving a reason to not do it.  I haven't now, nor will I tell people on an internet forum that I have never met to stop doing ANYTHING.

I smoke, but I'm not stopping at this point (or maybe any point) - I get an allergic reaction if I try to quit - not bullshit - actual doctor stuff.  I itch, I get a rash, cry all the time and start being irrational.  Apparently 3% of people get this allergic reaction when they try to quit.  I can take being shitty and flying off the handle, but I can't handle the irrationality.  Particularly since the flying off the handle stops after a couple of days, but the allergic reaction *doesn't* go away.  My doctor said that the only choice is to start smoking and try again later.

As for watching people die/get ill of smoking related diseases, it didn't affect me one damn bit.  I still smoke - I like the taste.  I had a teacher say to me once that they should take me to the cancer ward and show me the people dying - at which point I pointed out that my mother would be one of them. Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2722 on: 2009 January 24, 03:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know all about medical stress - my wisdom teeth are this hideous mess right now and I have to wait for more money to get them all surgically removed.

This is my philosophy on death and smoking - People die when its time.  My dad died and right after having surgery to save his life.  His aunt died right after finishing Chemo.  When its time, its time, and i don't think you can truly cheat death.

Smoking is okay in moderation, though I have to quit for a while, because of my damn surgery, once I get it.

Sorry if I sound grumpy - I'm really hurting right now.  But while its hard to watch those you love die, its a natural part of the cycle, and their soul doesn't die at all.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: 2009 January 24, 03:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sister started smoking when she was 16. She died from lung cancer at 26.

People can say that it was her time to go...but she was healthy otherwise. It did not help all my family smoked heavy around us as kids... the cancer was probably there before she started. But either way smoking killed her.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: 2009 January 24, 03:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smoking is okay in moderation, though I have to quit for a while, because of my damn surgery, once I get it.

I had 2 of my wisdom teeth taken out at one time. I was told to quit smoking, but I didn't. I just made sure that I kept the gauze in and that it was wet. All went well.  Smiley

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: 2009 January 24, 03:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know that everyone dies. She has been having heart attacks and COPD issues every year for the past 10 years. I think the main issue for my family right now is that she has always eventually gotten better, and she isn't this time. It has been sort of difficult to resign ourselves too. Completely 12, I know, but she raised me; so it's like watching my mother die.

Cala, I'm sorry about that. That sounds horrible, I would probably keep smoking too!  Cheesy

ETA: I'm sorry about your sister, littletoes.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2726 on: 2009 January 24, 03:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd do that but between the smoking [2 smokes a day] and the diabetes, well, the sooner it heals, the better.  And its only temporary.

www.thestormradio.com
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: 2009 January 24, 03:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the smoking front, I have been pleading with everyone I know to stop lately. My grandmother has emphysema and is dying, and it's because she has smoked for 60 years. My mom and I are taking turns taking care of her and it is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. She is slowly smothering to death, and I can't even imagine how much pain she is in.

Thankfully I have never even tried to smoke anything, so I don't know how hard quitting is. I have heard it's really tough, but if it saves you from dealing with that later on in life; I would say just push ahead and do it.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, it's just really been on my mind lately.  Undecided

Just popping in real quick to say I'm sorry with what your going through Tabby. About a year ago my grandmother was diagnosed with lung cancer. I wasn't able to get up to Michigan until November, and holding my grandmothers hand while she would have her sudden fits of pain was heart wrenching. For someone you love so dearly to be in so much pain and not being able to do anything about it sucks. Dealing with my Aunt screaming at us to give her more morphine doesn't help either. Never the less she finally passed, and now I know that she doesn't deal with it anymore. I don't believe in a heaven or hell, but I do believe that once we die our soul lingers to watch over the ones we love. I'm terribly sorry for what your going through.  Sad

As for smoking, my mother smokes. I tried it when I was younger. It's just not for me. Pretty much everyone I care about I will make the attempt to discuss it once about their stance on quitting. If they have no intentions, then I leave them be. If they plan on quitting, then I bug the hell out of them until they do.  Tongue It's their choice and their body. The ONLY time I have any issues with it whatsoever is when it discomforts me. Such as in a car, or when someone has to blow their smoke near my table. I didn't ask for their second hand, so I want none of it.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2728 on: 2009 January 24, 04:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, if someone wants to quit, they can likely -use- the nagging.

www.thestormradio.com
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2729 on: 2009 January 24, 06:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, I'm sorry about that. That sounds horrible, I would probably keep smoking too!  Cheesy

It is the worst - me crying and being irrational? Fuck that. Cheesy I've tried 3 times to quit in the last 3 years, and each time I've had the allergic reaction. I'm scared to try again. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: