PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 06:15:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 29 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074627 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2310 on: 2008 December 12, 04:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm asking Nemesis to deal with it - she's never failed me, even before I admitted I was a very bad catholic.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: 2008 December 12, 04:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm laughing my ass off at the thought of Thomass and co. roaming the halls of EA. Christ, but they deserve each other. I also have very little doubt that EA will screw them over just like they've been screwing everybody else.

Enjoy yerselves, kids. HA!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: 2008 December 12, 04:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm laughing my ass off at the thought of Thomass and co. roaming the halls of EA. Christ, but they deserve each other. I also have very little doubt that EA will screw them over just like they've been screwing everybody else.

That's a very good point. EA is much better at screwing people over than the 2-bit con artists at TSR. I hope to gods that Atwa shows up, though, because then even EA may get more than they bargained for in the drama department.

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: 2008 December 12, 04:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL- Maybe she'll finally get over her psychotic obsession with pasty ass-boy and start stalking John (I haz a Vision!) Riccitiello.
tired and homeless
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: 2008 December 12, 05:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm soooo hoping I get that media job, I'm fairly certain this company will be covering, or at least talking about the Creator's Camp. And I'd would love to put some serious pressure on EA from a legit gamer's magazine regarding paysites. I'm pretty excited about this job opportunity.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2315 on: 2008 December 12, 06:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. The peeps over at boolprop can be colored unimpressed. Do EA executives need to come to their houses and kill their parents in front of them before they realise something is up? No offense to the boolpropians, but gah! And I can't even answer that question without breaking the forum rules. Very frustrating.

boolprop is a paysite - so you can't expect to find anti-pay sympathisers there.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2316 on: 2008 December 12, 12:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. The peeps over at boolprop can be colored unimpressed. Do EA executives need to come to their houses and kill their parents in front of them before they realise something is up? No offense to the boolpropians, but gah! And I can't even answer that question without breaking the forum rules. Very frustrating.

boolprop is a paysite - so you can't expect to find anti-pay sympathisers there.

Waitwut? I never knew, I thought it was just a forum. What you said made me look at the booty and sure enough, there they are. Goddammit. That's what's wrong with this community, the second you stop keeping your eyes peeled you step into a great stinking pile of paysite crap. Now I'll have to leave. Shit.

Space Buccaneer
Landlubber

Chronic Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: 2008 December 12, 14:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Waitwut? I never knew, I thought it was just a forum. What you said made me look at the booty and sure enough, there they are. Goddammit. That's what's wrong with this community, the second you stop keeping your eyes peeled you step into a great stinking pile of paysite crap. Now I'll have to leave. Shit.

It's not that we aren't there, we just don't heavily advertise ourselves.  I've been a member there for over two years, and before I discovered the booty, I was tempted on donating to the site (the forum - NOT Boolprop Sims).  Once I found out that the forum was attached to a paysite, I decided that it would NEVER get any of my moniez.

You can sort of tell who is anti-pay, or at the very least, file-sharing sympathetic, if you look in the "Lost and Found" thread.  Sometimes someone will ask where a pay item comes from, and more often than not, someone will answer that it's from "such and such place" and that "you may have to... you know" or "Arr!".

I don't get into a lot of pro or anti paysite discussions over there, because I know that Boolprop Sims is a paysite.  But I've let it slip a couple of times (on purpose, of course) that I'm a pirate/file sharer without actually saying anything that could get me in trouble.

A friend of mine (from there and who I recently discovered is here as well) and I agreed that if Boolprop didn't have the monopoly on legacy advertising, we'd leave (both of us for personal reasons, and me personally because of the whole paysite thing - and probably them too considering they are here).
« Last Edit: 2008 December 12, 14:56:14 by Space Buccaneer » Logged
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2318 on: 2008 December 12, 15:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it sounds like I'll be finishing the contest I'm in (I made a promise after all) and fading out there. It's not like I have friends there or anything, or that they pay much attention to anything that isn't a legacy/challenge. That's fine, I suppose lagacies are fun and all, but it's not like I can't take my toys elsewhere. I can't believe I didn't know a thing about that paysite. And I'm too brusque to drop hints here and there, I get antsy when I'm not allowed to speak my mind.

jssimone
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: 2008 December 12, 16:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with every last thing Kenmtl said. EA's going to end up with pie on their face once they realize that noone is up to paying itunes prices for their crappy partnered with TSR borked CC, especially after people already had to pay for their crappy guarantee to be borked game. We've gotten the good stuff for free all these years, they must be on some hardcore drugs to think anyone is going to start paying for it. They'll be lucky to even sell their game in this economy.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: 2008 December 12, 16:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the record, I don't think itunes prices are crappy. It's a helluva lot cheaper than buying the whole damn cd then finding out every song on it is crap except the one you heard on the radio.

Now what I'm wondering, because it hasn't really been clarified. Are they going to pay these people to create for the game permanently, or are they just using them to get the content up and out?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: 2008 December 12, 16:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind iTunes prices, I mind their copy protection. Copy protection is teh evil. That's why I download music from amazon, when I feel like paying for it.

I don't think anyone knows what they're going to do with people at this creator's thing. My guess is, EA is looking for someone to hire, the way they hired HappyMoonBelly from parsimonious. Who knows what other evil schemes they're brewing.

jssimone
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: 2008 December 12, 16:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to clarify my statement, I don't think Itunes prices are crappy either. And their copy protection is as easily circumventable (I don't know if that's a word or not, sorry if it offends delicate grammer lovers  Smiley) as a nocrack. What I meant by that is that I think EA's trying to follow the same type of business model and that will not work in the Sims world. Adults/pirates won't pay for it and I doubt the kiddie's parents would go for it more than once. Especially not after they've already spent money to buy the game already.        
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2323 on: 2008 December 12, 16:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a sad day for your company when you invite gamers over and the first thing everyone thinks is "evil scheme". Not that the suspicion is unwaranted, oh no.

Beefcake
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: 2008 December 12, 16:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe EA inviting the TSR people to a create-camp to improve... is their way of telling TSR that they have shit pay creators ;d
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: