PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 07:24:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 20 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074654 times)
vexed
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2295 on: 2008 December 12, 00:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I respectfully request that Pescado and the other uber modders (and Nouk, for teh schmexay!) crash their little 'creator camp' in a fucking tank.   Smiley

YES!

Visit Vexation Nation!

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you’re not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
–Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings, ASoIaF
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2296 on: 2008 December 12, 00:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if someone does have to come in to make the proper tools for modding the game?  I hope they demand pay from anyone who uses their tool for a paysite.  I really do. 

I hope so too, but I doubt that will happen. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: 2008 December 12, 00:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if someone does have to come in to make the proper tools for modding the game?  I hope they demand pay from anyone who uses their tool for a paysite.  I really do. 

I hope so too, but I doubt that will happen. 

If the folks who are responsible for SimPE and CEP so on and so forth, Wes, Numerator, etc. are not invited to this event?  I hope they tell Maxis to eat them raw through a flava straw and never have anything to do with Sims3.

At this rate,  MaxPrixs had better come up with tools to make modding the game easier, because the only people who will be modding are the ones that do it for the money.  Free custom content will become a subculture and you'll have to know someone to find it. 

True Edit:  Hm... maybe I'm paranoid, but doesn't it seem a little weird that this invite goes out to TSR and suddenly, the BBS, which seemed to have an attitude of "Police yourself, thank you."  suddenly decided that it's anti-anti paysites? 

I'm wondering now if Sims3 will be "You can only have a commercial site, hosted on a place that we endorse.  Eaxis will make X amount of money for every download and TSR will have full permission to do what they want, charge what they want.  Then Eaxis will make money by selling the game, uploading ads into the game and for every piece of custom content.  Yeah, that'll make them happy. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: 2008 December 12, 00:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Numerator
Blasphemy!  Shocked*sniggers*

With this giant ass crisis that's only getting bigger and bigger, you need more than just a monopoly to sell your games. If you're going to squash all customers sympathy by making even farting in EA's direction cost money, you're going to have a problem.

-Making the game 80 bucks
-Limiting custom content creation to make new content more attractive
-Limiting the places custom content (wich is made by fans!) is available
-Making a large amount of the custom content pay

How will that be attractive to the average person who probably has less and less to spend? Wich is becoming the norm now?
« Last Edit: 2008 December 12, 00:40:16 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: 2008 December 12, 00:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on the last part until we know for sure they have.

This is EA. They get nothing from me. Every time I think they can't go any lower, they do.

I'm not against paying for mods because of what EA says or does not say, so if they suddenly say it's wonderful and fine and peachy, I'll just shrug my shoulders and keep trying to take down TSR.

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2300 on: 2008 December 12, 00:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I respectfully request that Pescado and the other uber modders (and Nouk, for teh schmexay!) crash their little 'creator camp' in a fucking tank.   Smiley

Now THAT would be a revolucion  Cheesy

To repeat what I said way back, someone sneak coconut and a camera in there. I can't wait to see how all these lovely 'community members' are going to interact, especially if Atwat and some free creators are going to be there.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: 2008 December 12, 00:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you paying for my plane ticket? Can I stay over? Will you pay my bail? Then I'm in  Cheesy

Inactive
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2302 on: 2008 December 12, 00:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you paying for my plane ticket? Can I stay over? Will you pay my bail? Then I'm in  Cheesy

Hell, I'll join you. It wouldn't be the first time daddy has to bail me out Cheesy

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: 2008 December 12, 01:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*crashes LAN party to practice*

Inactive
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: 2008 December 12, 01:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be hysterical if someone tarted a huge campaign promoting sims 2 + all the great free content as far better than Sims 3, which it is.
A YouTube video showing clips of a properly customized game (beautiful sims with Nouk hair, Enayla skins, Anva eyes, etc.) versus fugly Sims 3 characters would suffice.  Cheesy
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: 2008 December 12, 01:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I to assume that none of our resident creators/modders have received an invite then?  Cheesy

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
tired and homeless
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: 2008 December 12, 03:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very safe to assume to.

Though it would be hilarious to this pay creators utterly FAIL at the camps without a free creator to rip off, I do hope the purpose of the creator camp is teach sucky pay creators (the ones are getting invited) how to make MOAR BETTUR stuff. Not thinking about the money motivation for a second and speaking strictly from a talent point of view, why else are they inviting poor (no pun intended) creators over the awesome creators?

The most likely motivation is a mixture of the two: teach the EA dick suckers how to make MOAR BETTUR stuff so people will give EA MOAR MONIES to get the stuff that they create. Free creators wouldn't allow their stuff to be sold, even if they get a commission from it, so don't even bother inviting most of them, just the ones you can convince otherwise, and invite just enough so it won't look suspicious.

I'm up for camp crashing.

Fake ETA: Actually, its possible that I will be attending as a press representative if I get a particular job. Playing interview tag with a media company that owns and operates two video gaming online magazines, and they go to all the conferences and stuff - the video producers (which I will be) and the journalists. So hmm..
SimARR
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: 2008 December 12, 03:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Apparently Suza from Simply Styling, a free site has been invited to this pathetic event

*disclaimer - This is only a rumour.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2308 on: 2008 December 12, 04:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good luck with the job, I bet it'll be interesting and not just for the chance of going to this camp with a camera.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: 2008 December 12, 04:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think not just paysite creators is the lamest thing I've heard today. Ok 2nd lamest. The fact that they're invited period is an offence to every player of the game. I understand not wanting the people around who can do what you better than you, that I get. But you can't say one thing (EULA) then do the opposite (invite $$ to a tea party).

I think it shows exactly what their intentions are for TS3. There's no doubt in my mind. I also think the commercial pyramid they're constructing is doomed to failure.

They're seriously underestimating the financial generosity of their fan base. I mean 30$ or 40$ annually or even bi-annually for an Ep or SP is one thing, but paying constantly just to have cool cc on top of that, is something else entirely. It's a bad plan.

I'm sending them fail energy right now. I've even lit my fail candles.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: