PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 06:38:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 32 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074633 times)
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2265 on: 2008 December 11, 18:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All in all, it was these people that ultimately made the game so moddable, made custom content possible, and made it popular for EA. None of EA's efforst have provided the community with tools for meshing, modding and hacking. Yet the paysites get the benefits and EA goes along with it, without so much as a 'thank-you'.
It just speaks volumes about EA, a company I have stopped even considering purchasing from. I'm so glad their finances are crashing and burninating. Never have I seen something that deserves to die more.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: 2008 December 11, 18:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are very very ungrateful to members of a community that have made them millions and millions just in free advertising and keeping the game exciting. Those are the real motherfucking reasons ANY fansite can make nice custom content. Recently, Wes_H came out with a way to make custom animations. How the hell do they dare to ignore someone like that?
It's like being happy your laundry is clean and then throwing away the washing machine and praising the soap! If they are doing this for money and good publicity, they are doing it wrong.

Inactive
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: 2008 December 11, 18:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't SnootySims have one of these flyers posted on their front page a while ago?

I wonder how many free creators have been invited to this event.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2268 on: 2008 December 11, 18:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm opening a pool here. Smart money's on 'none'. Any takers?

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: 2008 December 11, 18:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe two. Any site that has had critique on anything EA has made, or even hinted at 'fixing' something in the Sims 2, will not have been invited Grin, but there must be a few right? RIGHT?

Inactive
Bloody Vane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: 2008 December 11, 18:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't SnootySims have one of these flyers posted on their front page a while ago?

Yeah, they did. I was just going to post and mention they had a copy of this flyer up on the news sections of Snooty's site, December 3. We can always hope that they actually have invited someone besides T$R.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow.

If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2271 on: 2008 December 11, 18:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good question.  Be curious if any of the big free creators got invited.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
NoOrdinaryRabbit
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: 2008 December 11, 18:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly someone from Parsimonious? They're the only big free site I can think of who have relatively good terms and a connection with EAxis.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2273 on: 2008 December 11, 18:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, no sign of such an invite over on Wes' Sims 3 site.  Doesn't mean there isn't, but as free with info as the site is, I'd expect it would be mentioned.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
ashantimania
ARR!

TSR Crap? Count On Me!

View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: 2008 December 11, 18:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh gosh. It's so unfair. The free creators make good stuff, make us want to play, but EAxis don't even look at them. I hope than The Sims 3 don't sell even the half of the expected and bring so much headaches to them.

**** YOU BASTARDS! Angry

Mistakes are fine. But, when you do more mistakes in 20 minutes than most people do in one day, it's time to think.
Pixelated Runway - A Blog About The Sims 2 And Fashion
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: 2008 December 11, 18:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my goodness me! I am seething of rage right now. I feel someone should tell EA how incredibly wrong this is, how stupid they are. Not that I expect them to listen, but this kind of asshattery should not go unpunished!  Angry

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: 2008 December 11, 19:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I expect them to listen, but this kind of asshattery should not go unpunished!  Angry
Karma. That's all I'm going to say.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: 2008 December 11, 19:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not surprised by the invitations either. I don't think it's any secret that Thoma$$ and company have been massaging EA's prostate for awhile now. TS3 is gonna tank. They can't even get TS2 right. Nouk is absolutely correct, it's the free people that have kept it alive this far. Without them they have no hope whatsoever.

BTW: Darqstar you are so full of win

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: 2008 December 11, 19:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This invite wasn't just given to TSR. I've seen it advertised elsewhere a few weeks ago, but can't remember where... Maybe on the Sims 2 site? I can't remember. Dang it!

ETA: It WAS on snootysims that I saw that. It sucks that Steve's trying to pimp out his FAs to go on that trip. It's a shame that some other sites haven't shared the news that they've been invited.... if they were invited at all.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Lowell
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: 2008 December 11, 19:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Wow. There really are no words for this. Except perhaps, "Thank you, EA, for giving me yet another reason to not waste my time and money with The Sims 3." It's kind of funny; a couple of months ago I was considering giving it a chance (whether purchased or pirated). Then I read the in-game ads thing (which I could have maybe dealt with, if not for...), and then they had the crap on the BBS essentially declaring paysites as their partners, and now this? Fuck it, it's not even worth ARRing the game now.

Hope it crashes and burns. That'll be the only way for there to even be a smidgen of a chance that EA would realize just how bad of an idea it is to spurn the community (and, by default, their consumers) the way that they have.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: