PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 14:41:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 23 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074829 times)
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1965 on: 2008 November 26, 19:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol! I searched for that post at SimsCave and failed to find it, so deleted my post on this thread after concluding that I was mistaking Mira with someone else on this. Thanks Titan Tongue

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: 2008 November 26, 20:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went onto my profile at TSR to change my location to "the darkside for Paleo" and its seemed that I couldn't log on to the forums. Hmm.. It took them long enough since I use the same username! I decided to cause as much havok as I could so....

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Ashbashtus89/butthurt3.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Ashbashtus89/butthurt2.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Ashbashtus89/butthurt1.jpg

Enjoy Smiley

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1967 on: 2008 November 26, 20:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut updated his/her post on the SimSecret hacking and IP information:

http://tsrcoconut.wordpress.com/2008/11/25/updat/#more-167

Copy/paste:

"‘Someone’ asked me a question, through my LiveJournal, As I have posted on my LiveJournal site, I can not reply to specific questions at this time due my outgoing message limit there being reached.

The person asked if I knew anything about who may have recently hacked a a site called simsecret. In short, no I don’t. And as I expected, TSR have not posted any admissions in the forum. 

Update: After viewing the IP of the attacker, I can confirm that it was the exact same IP that was used on several well known new accounts by the same person at TSR, It also appeared on that persons old main account.  It was a proxy server IP, IT IS NOT A ‘GENUINE’ IP.  The proxy servers they use have many different IP’s but this is the second time I have been shown this particular IP outside of TSR.

The first time I saw it referred to outside of TSR was in a PM that I was sent at the P.M.B.D forum some time ago, from a site administrator, who told me a TSR employee had registered there and used this IP.  I confirmed the IP was a proxy originally given as a gift to the registrant by someone at TSR, in order for her to create new accounts at TSR that would not be noticed by the mods. The proxy IP in question is 78.129.197.69. I would ask that the admin who I spoke to please come forward with this one account if you are reading this. Remember this is just a proxy IP, and not a ‘real’ IP, so you would not be giving anyones personal information out, unlike TSR and the ‘Paypalgate’ scandal."

I'm happy to confirm that I was the admin who contacted coconut about that IP address.  I have done a search on my computer to see if I had kept a copy of the pm but I didn't. I can't say the exact date but it was whilst I was still at Natural Sims and around the time that Simtomatic "left" TSR to join there.  Once the announcement had been made there were lots of people joining all of a sudden and I spoke to coconut on here via pm 2/3 times regarding the known proxy addresses used by TSR, after I approached her/him for some help and advice.  Somebody using that IP address had joined NS, I cannot off hand remember the username, I think it began with B. As I am no longer at NS I have no access to the admin area or the banned list over there but when Dina, HugeLunatic, Yagami and myself left there to run Sims2Artists together we transferred all of the bans over to the new site so I have screenied the relevant ban with a few details smudged out.  Hopefully this is what coconut is asking for in their latest journal update.

edited to spell coconut correctly, sorry coconut and thanks Alex! And to add a message to coconut - if you have copies of the pm's between us I have no objection to them being published.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 26, 20:53:44 by gayle_afcb » Logged

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: 2008 November 26, 20:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*stands still, jaw agape*

I don't know what to say. That is fantabulous. I love the reason for the ban. Ooh I gotta get out the popcorn...

ETA: I don't even want to make another post, due to my particular post count.  ;)And you might want to edit coconut's name in your post...
« Last Edit: 2008 November 26, 20:46:05 by Pirate Alex » Logged
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1969 on: 2008 November 26, 22:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snap!

I mean I know it's a proxy and all but what are the odds? 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: 2008 November 27, 03:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snap!

I mean I know it's a proxy and all but what are the odds? 

About 3 out of 2. Smiley I susptected Atwat, and had written a small paragraph in my reply to Devilfish and why I thought it was her, but deleted it. I wish I would have kept it in there.  Cry If we can get to the bottom of this, maybe SimSecret can press some sort of charges on TSR/Atwat about the hacking.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: 2008 November 27, 03:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so that's what Thomas kept her around. To do his hacking for him, or to take the blame for it when it was discovered that the same proxy he gave her was used for hacking. How convenient.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: 2008 November 27, 03:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well my theory went along the lines of:

Atwat had recently been discussing how Thomas had given her the program. So I figured, when they said it was from Hide-My-IP that it was one of her IP's. Just call it a hunch, because people can select what IP's they would like to use, and they can choose to use the same one everytime. Well, people are creatures of habit, so she probably continued to use the same one. Plus she has been dumb enough to reveal her proxy to TSR mods that banned her, why should it have been any different now?

But what Coconut posted, made me believe my theory even more. With the way she describe it, it is impossible not to think it was Atwat. But Atwat, is just to dumb to do this on her own account. She not only left to many fingerprints behind, but the calling card just doesn't seem her style. I honestly think someone helped her.

Or to go with what Neriana said, maybe Thomas used one of her IP's that he knows she frequents, since he pays for the software, and hacked it himself. Either way, I have a gut feeling it was TSR.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1973 on: 2008 November 27, 05:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I do think it's a bit too coincidental.  Whoever picked that IP, did it deliberately.

Most IP hiding software has clauses that you can not use it for illegal purposes, so if it were me I would start by contacting them first with information that someone used their service to hack your site.  Maybe they keep a record or something? 

I would think that anyone who knows how to hack into a site would also know how to protect themselves more than simply using a premium IP hiding software, but then again I don't know much about hacking, so I could be wrong.  Anyway, hope you guys are successful!

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: 2008 November 27, 07:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Omg! Now it's my time to lust for popcorn. !! Btw. I have filed a complaint to EA about another case, for the first time in my life.
Wonder if i get any answer.  Wink I also gave the url to coconut journal.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1975 on: 2008 November 27, 08:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hide-my-IP seems to b down at the moment, but I'm typing up an email to send them, including the screenshot from the previous page. You never know, we'll see.

Question: how sure are we that it came from them and is there any proof of that? Just want to make sure I tell them as many facts as I possibly can.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: 2008 November 27, 09:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://community.livejournal.com/sim_wank/8044.html?thread=276844#t276844

That is the person that googled the IP addy. The mod is the one that discovered the IP in the first place. Might want to ask them some questions first.

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1977 on: 2008 November 27, 13:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happy Thanksgiving!

Moar coconut!

History of sim secret hacker-IP

BTW, coconut-I have that entire thread on the swedish site where Atwa talked about being hacked screenshotted.  Let me know if you want it.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1978 on: 2008 November 27, 14:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hide-my-IP is still down, but thanks coconut for the summary. God, this stinks Undecided

Anyone feel like the whole community is going boom?

Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1979 on: 2008 November 27, 15:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  Just in time for TS3 to hook a whole new group of fans who do not care about EAxis and it's douchebaggery. 

I love that last sentence. 

An interesting but unconnected observation is they both show no regard for Toms wife or her privacy.

Apparently nothing is sacred enough for those two.  Poor woman, if she knows I hope she is packing her bags. 
« Last Edit: 2008 November 27, 15:25:38 by Sherry » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: