PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 12:23:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 40 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074782 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1905 on: 2008 November 25, 12:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to think about this for a minute. After all, I think that BlackDwarf has a tendency to read more into something than is actually there.

SNIP

Guess I figure if people can forgive me for the stuff I did in the past, then I can forgive someone for something they've done.

Two things here:

1. As Cala pointed out, both BlackD and I have been there and have dealt with Raveena stealing ideas and whatever and claiming them as her own.  I have seen this time after time.  We have also dealt with her nastiness on the site.  We have background you don't have, so no, I don't think she is reading more into something that isn't there.  Trust me.

2. Raveena has not asked for forgiveness.  Do you really think that if she wasn't summarily ousted, she would feel any regret whatsoever?  Hell, she doesn't feel any now.  This is not like someone who was at TSR, saw the light, left and came to the community asking to be forgiven and let in and then we were all mean to her.  You seem to be making assumptions that don't hold up to the evidence.  The only thing she seems to be sorry for is being retired against her will. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: 2008 November 25, 12:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paleo, honestly, what assumptions am I making that don't hold up to the evidence? I'm not assuming she's sorry. I'm not assuming anything about what she did, what she might have done or what she even had a fleeting thought about. Nor have I said she's sorry, might say she's sorry or should say she's sorry. I don't know diddly about the woman other than what I've read.
As for BlackDwarf reading something into anything- I was NOT talking about anything that went on at TSR. There's no way I'd assume I know more about TSR than you, BlackDwarf or anyone else who's been involved there. I have nothing to do with TSR at all. What I was talking about is any post I've made since my first about it that BlackDwarf has responded to.

Now, I am done with this. How this went from me saying something about it might be hard for her to get a real job to people accusing me of making assumptions, I don't know. I know, I know....my posts were tldr. I'm usually pretty quiet and only really speak up when I feel strongly about something. Considering the fact that I have a mentally disabled child, have worked with mentally and physically disabled people and happen to have a problem or 2 myself- I feel strongly about certain things...like people seeming to think it's really "just that easy" for a person with any kind of disability to do what others take for granted.

Edited because I forgot: The last part about forgiveness? No, Raveena hasn't asked for forgiveness, nor do I expect that she will. That statement had to do with me being able to forgive others without them asking for forgiveness.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1907 on: 2008 November 25, 12:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, then my assumptions were mistaken.  It sounded like you thought she wanted some kind of forgiveness and we were being big meanies.  We don't know what Raveena uses for most of her personal income.  She might have a full time job.  I have no idea. 

Honestly, don't take it personally.  We are just debating.  This is why I don't like to debate topics all that much because people take things as personal attacks that aren't meant to be personal attacks.  People come from all kinds of backgrounds with all kinds of personal issues and experiences. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1908 on: 2008 November 25, 14:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only if we can name her Baby Snarkalily. Or better yet, missangelica Jr. -  Grin

You can name it anything you like if you go through childbirth - I've done two - it's your turn.   Wink

Coconut discusses the simsecret hacking incident

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: 2008 November 25, 15:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only if we can name her Baby Snarkalily. Or better yet, missangelica Jr. -  Grin

You can name it anything you like if you go through childbirth - I've done two - it's your turn.   Wink

Coconut discusses the simsecret hacking incident

Hrm. Interesting. Maybe it was not TSR after all, but someone just affiliated with them, or a crazed fan. Either way, whoever did it wanted it to be sure that it looked as if TSR did it or had some sort of involvment. By the way, Coconut said that she can't tell who it is without the IP, can someone send her the IP? Maybe that will help a little bit.

But this does make me wonder, since Coconut said that chats are by invite only, I wonder if they did plan it, and have just managed to keep better hush hush about it.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1910 on: 2008 November 25, 15:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But this does make me wonder, since Coconut said that chats are by invite only, I wonder if they did plan it, and have just managed to keep better hush hush about it.

Well of course - they discussed it before, but coconut revealed their plans.  Now all is secret again, and nothing has changed - certainly not their moral fibre.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1911 on: 2008 November 25, 16:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the IP traced back to Hide-my-IP? I stupidly forgot where I read this. It may have been somewhere on the comments on Simsecret, but I can't find that post anymore. Sorry.
Anyway, they assign you a random IP, so it could trace back to the UK as well as practically anywhere on god's green earth. Seriously, I know I'm not supposed to do this anymore, but any angry 12 with access to the internet and basic knowledge of what an IP is could have done this. Signs point to TSR, absolutely, but I'm still not sure TSR as a bussiness would do this. They're certainly malicious enough as an organisation, but it's too risky, especially after the information sharing fiasco. Someone from within TSR operating without their knowledge or consent seems more likely to me. But, again, it's all speculation. Unless the hacker goes and brags somewhere (which is possible, s/he wouldn't be the first one to get caught that way) there's no way of knowing. IP tracing only goes so far.

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1912 on: 2008 November 25, 16:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the IP traced back to Hide-my-IP? I stupidly forgot where I read this. It may have been somewhere on the comments on Simsecret, but I can't find that post anymore. Sorry.

That's because you read it at simwank  Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: 2008 November 25, 16:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it was traced back to it. But honestly, I wouldn't put hacking a website past them. They DDOS attacked the booty, so what's stopping them from hacking SimSecret? All in all it comes down to standards. I, for one, do not believe Thomass has the moral standards of a piece of shit, and therefore would go to any lengths to get anything done. Coconuts information has proven this, Paleos manipulation, and his repeated attacks towards PMBD has proven that.

Yes as a business it would not be very smart of him to do this. Neither was sharing personal information, but he still did it. But then again we have to draw the line at a business and a money making hobby. To me a business pays taxes, pays theres employees either tip share, or minimum wage, and has health benefits. A money making hobby to me is something you enjoy doing, and are getting paid for it, but not actually running a business. That is why I believe Thomass can get away with kicking out FA's the way he does. Because to me it's not actually a business.

And TSR has always been on shaky ground with things they do anyways. I have noticed, everytime a website goes down, or something of this nature happens, who gets blamed? Paysites/TSR. Because of previous behaviors that have conditions people to always associate things of this nature with TSR. Now if TSR was a free, goody goody gum drop website, and the hacking had occured, not one person would blame TSR. It just seems to be the most logical thing to do.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1914 on: 2008 November 25, 17:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Signs point to TSR, absolutely, but I'm still not sure TSR as a bussiness would do this. They're certainly malicious enough as an organisation, but it's too risky, especially after the information sharing fiasco.

You haven't been around many businesses have you?  I kid. 

I mean think of all the corporations and businesses that would do anything, screw the very people who are making them profitable (employees and customers) in the first place just to get a bigger piece of the pie for themselves.  I don't think Thomas is any different.  He's got a good thing going on, making a large percentage off other artists work, and then also being able to sell ads at the same time, people who volunteer to help with other aspects of the site and all those morons who allow him to do this.  I think he has much motivation to try anything to thwart any potential threats to his profit margins.   Look at the way he treated his own FAs, essentially tossing them aside if he has no further use for them, his own customers he places markers and spyware in their files, he shares their private information, and he is not afraid to illegally attack the competition. 

Clearly, I think we all know he is capable of such an act.  Unfortunately, there seems to be no proof at the moment, and just alot of speculation.  I wouldn't be surprised though, if in the future it came out that he was somehow responsible. 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1915 on: 2008 November 25, 17:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, the way you put it Sherry, EA and TSR are -perfect- partners.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: 2008 November 25, 17:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to look at the damage that was done and whether there was a motive for it. There were secrets exposing TSR (and the "private posts" in question definitely had to be the TSR ones as there were no "private posts" from any other forum on there). Although most of the damage is done, TSR does not want any other clueless sheeple wandering out of the field to come across them. Therefore, A hacker deletes them. SimSecret does not keep backups. Coconut most likely has still all the screencaps stored on a harddrive. Makes more sense to, at least at this stage, delete the secrets from SimSecret.

Seems very plausible that it was TSR, and as has been said many times, TSR have made attacks before. Of course, it could be someone trying to frame them. However there is virtually no reason to frame them for obvious reasons, unless it was Atwa of course (she is crazy enough to do it).

Apparently the IP has returned a location result of Amsterdam more times than the UK. It's pretty certain they used a proxy anyway, but they still aren't terribly reliable. My IP says I'm located at the opposite end of the country...
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1917 on: 2008 November 25, 18:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Signs point to TSR, absolutely, but I'm still not sure TSR as a bussiness would do this. They're certainly malicious enough as an organisation, but it's too risky, especially after the information sharing fiasco.

You haven't been around many businesses have you?  I kid. 

I mean think of all the corporations and businesses that would do anything, screw the very people who are making them profitable (employees and customers) in the first place just to get a bigger piece of the pie for themselves.  I don't think Thomas is any different.

Maybe I should clarify my previous post. When I say TSR, I mean all of it. Thomas, the FAs and SAs, other contributers... everyone involved. Thomas himself is an individual and I agree he would be completely capable of doing this, or at least be unscrupulous enough to want to do this even if he didn't have the technical know-how. TSR the organisation... no. Maybe I'm being naieve, but I still can't see the 'top' putting their heads together, deciding on the technicalities and planning/excecuting this, if only because they knew it was possible that coconut would take notice and make it public. To put it simply: I can't see any TSR conspiracy here. The post they left was too obvious, too willing to blame TSR/someone from TSR. One individual acting for him/herself (this includes Thomas) seems much more likely.

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1918 on: 2008 November 25, 18:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm being naieve, but I still can't see the 'top' putting their heads together, deciding on the technicalities and planning/excecuting this, if only because they knew it was possible that coconut would take notice and make it public.

They have closed the forums, and are having private invite only chats with no logs.  coconut can't reveal anything for one of two reasons - they aren't included in the chats, or that they don't want to narrow the field and make it easier to expose themselves.

So coconut couldn't make it public either way -  and TSR is still able to have coordinate a hack on simsecret.

Visit Calalilysims

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1919 on: 2008 November 25, 18:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is also completely possible that they put their heads together in person, since TSr does have offices.  But, without knowing, seems a bad idea to point fingers.

Its feasible for many reasons, but TSR has commited enough crimes without accusing them of another without proof.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: