PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 06:36:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 32 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074633 times)
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1875 on: 2008 November 23, 23:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if it's just that she's loosing the money? Well, she can get a job and earn money that way.

Whoa. Kinda harsh there. I don't know anything about Raveena outside of the fact that she's obviously got vision problems.
Yea, she can get a job. IF she's lucky enough to find one in this economy. IF she's lucky enough to find an employer who'll hire a disabled person (I say disabled because I'm betting she's legally blind- and that's a disability) over someone with no disability- that would be discrimination, sure: but I can guarantee you that the prospective employer would just say the other person was more qualified. IF she can find a job- I'd bet that she'd need reliable transportation to get there. Lotta "ifs" in her case to be tossing out a comment like yours. She may have "worked" for TSR but don't let that throw your compassion out the window.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1876 on: 2008 November 23, 23:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hardly think her income was TSR only. If she's disabled, she should be getting support (depending where she lives of course) and if she's not visually impaired enough to receive support, she could theoretically work a regular job. But I hardly think her rent, food and utilities bills were all paid with TSR money. They don't pay that well, from what I've heard, and I've noticed many people saying that she was hardly the best creator out there. If anything it's none of our bussiness anyway. I wish her all the best, really, and I hope she does well. It's that last reply that made me cringe. Even in bussiness seniority means something. It usually gets you a bonus, or at least a nice parting gift. This gift is usually not a sneer and a condecending remark about being granted access to the company cafetaria.

Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: 2008 November 23, 23:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want to jump on a bashing bandwagon or anything, but what she was getting her money from is illegal. Yeah, it will probably be hard for her to find a job with a disability, but that's tough. You don't see drug dealers getting a free pass because the economy sucks right now.

As far as being fired unfairly, I've been there. It sucks, I got fired because I had the gall to have an ovary rupture in the middle of the night and I almost hemorrhaged to death. When I was released  from the hospital and able to go back to work, the first time I was even a minute late they let me go. They said I had been late too often and didn't call to say I was going to be late. I had only been late once at that point, but whatever. I dealt with it and moved on. Just like Raveena is going to have too. I have ZERO compassion for someone who is apart of something as vile as T$R.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Pirate tARRt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: 2008 November 24, 00:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oddjob.se%2Findex.php&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&sl=sv&tl=en

Google translator. <3

Alltho I don't really see what would be fishy about the money going to someone who I believe is Thomas's brother, instead of to the a$$ himself. What difference would that make? (Hents, I'm sort of clueless about this stuff, so if anyone is up for explaining it, I'm happy to learn)

Thanks for the google translator.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oddjob.se%2Findex.php&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&sl=sv&tl=en

As i see it, the company will inform the taxoffice that they're making money on making websites. And they pay lesser tax. Of course it's an open question how legal Thomass business is. He can lie, or he might pay taxes for getting paid of his brother for making websites. But what he do not inform about, is that he is earning a lot of money on one of these websites, like TSR. Isn't this a bit fishy?? TSR is only one among other websites they're using as a referance to show how good they are making solutions for people. They did inform for many years ago that they are principal owner of The Sims Resource and development is ongoing. But everything Thomass is doing is stinky and fishy. I am ready to do anything to destroy them, TSR. Every possible way must be tried out.

The real income is not from what they advertise about, but from making content for Sims 2 (from what i have seen checking internet). Then they're lying about their business, and i believe this is illegal. But i will ask a friend who's lawyer.

So the brother who's getting the money isn't involved with TSR? I thought Thomas started TSR with his brother, maybe that was the other one. Cause if he was involved with TSR, couldn't it just be so that he put the brother in charge of the economy of the site? I'm confusing myself arn't I? <.< And wouldn't the taxes be the same anyway? Would it really matter if they said they made money from selling websites or whatever they we're doing, or selling items for a game?

Rawr!
simsartgallery
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: 2008 November 24, 00:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you all not remember the post at Coconut's about who got the bonus that month? Do you all not remember her snarkiness because she didn't get it and felt she should have? Then she lit into dumbass for announcing the bonuses and they had to change the way he announced it. He should have thought about it before he posted but I still can't forget her hatefulness over not getting the bonus. It was put in a way that out of everyone she should have gotten it. I don't feel sorry for someone that snarky. Granted dumbass should not have handled things the way he did and deserved what he got, but so does she.

I believe you guys are right. Karma is a bitch, ain't it raveena?
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1880 on: 2008 November 24, 01:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I know is if you want to launder money, you need a third person. Does this brother own a company of some sort? I know dick about European fiscal laws and the like, but I wouldn't put it past them. I'm sure there's fiscal benefits to moving the money about. And I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out Thomas didn't pay any tax on his TSR income. Anyone feel like contacting the Swedish authorities?

Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: 2008 November 24, 02:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For example, my school is really strict when it comes to alcohol and parties. If an official or staff member finds a picture of you even holding a Solo cup (for those who don't know, its one of those brightly colored plastic cups usually used at parties) you get in a huge amount of trouble.

From what else are you suppose to drink if you want lemonade or tea? Are there special cups you all must use? That's a weird rule.

Solo cups are synonymous with keg parties/beer pong/drinking games at US colleges and even at the highschool level. It actually makes sense, as I haven't seen those cups used for anything else since I was a 12.

I also think its a ridiculous rule too. God forbid you go to a party, drink soda out of a cheap plastic cup, and take pictures.
But back on topic, Thomass' response is just cold. She may have been a total dramawhore, there was no need for him to fire her in such a public and sneering way.

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
vexed
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1882 on: 2008 November 24, 03:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh but Thomass didn't FIRE her, he RETIRED her.  That's totally acceptable Wink

Visit Vexation Nation!

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you’re not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
–Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings, ASoIaF
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1883 on: 2008 November 24, 03:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, good point. Hasn't there been much to do about artists getting retired against their will and TSR leaving their pay stuff up regardless? Well, it's probably not happening left and right, but I've heard some complaints about that. Or did I misunderstand?
« Last Edit: 2008 November 24, 13:23:32 by Devilfish » Logged

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: 2008 November 24, 06:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either way, she's still upset cause she isn't getting the monies! Oh well, too bad, so sad. Cry me a river and stock it with fish, I'll never starve if you do.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: 2008 November 24, 17:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might get flamed, but in her defense she only listed not getting the monies as a minor thing. Her post seemed to be more butthurt about being retired and not given the proper notice. From what it seems to me, is TSR's money might have helped her a little, but she even said it herself. TSR was her home for a long time, and now they are booting her. I imagine to log on one day and find out you are retired is a pretty good slap in the face.

I won't praise her for going free, if she still is, but I won't condemn her for missing the money either. If my income had dropped, I would probably miss it as well. I just hope that right now, what Thomass did to her opened her eyes, and she won't ever go back there again, or go pay at all.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1886 on: 2008 November 24, 17:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, no nasty flamings from me. Like I said, I wish her all the best, but truth is I'm not prepared to waste any of my compassion (or hatred, for that matter) on her. I haven't got an unlimited supply of the stuff. I can imagine what it was like for her. I can imagine wha it was like for the people she was extremely nasty to. But in the end, all I care about is Thomas' last reply and how utterly evil it makes him look. In public too, thanks to coconut. So I guess I feel this is a good thing. Not for Raveena, obviously, but for everyone in this community who gets to see those screenshots and once again have proof that TSR, as a bussiness, has no heart and no ethics. This can only help our cause.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: 2008 November 25, 00:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa. Kinda harsh there.

No, harsh is expecting folks to pay good money for recolors done by someone who can't recolor.

I don't know anything about Raveena outside of the fact that she's obviously got vision problems.

Which again brings me to wonder, why are we supposed to feel sorry because a blind woman can't hack it as an artist?  At one point, I wanted to be a mixer.  I was getting pretty good at it too, but stupidly, I also was in a band when I was younger, before it was known just how bad loud music is to ears, and thus I hurt the hearing in both of my ears.  So, now I'm deaf enough that I can't be a mixer.  Well, gee, should the world feel sorry for me and allow me to be a mixer, just because I lack the one thing the job desperately needs?  Excellent hearing?  Of course not. 

I want to know why she was an FA in the first place.  Her textures are blurry.  If that is because of her vision problems, then well, she shouldn't be an artist.  That's called life.  If you're unable to do something because of your physical limitations, then you shouldn't be doing it. 

Yea, she can get a job. IF she's lucky enough to find one in this economy. IF she's lucky enough to find an employer who'll hire a disabled person (I say disabled because I'm betting she's legally blind- and that's a disability) over someone with no disability- that would be discrimination, sure: but I can guarantee you that the prospective employer would just say the other person was more qualified. IF she can find a job- I'd bet that she'd need reliable transportation to get there. Lotta "ifs" in her case to be tossing out a comment like yours.

Oh please.  When did we become "Paysites must be destroyed, unless they're paying blind people?"  Isn't the whole point of this site that paysites are illegal?  What if she was selling crack instead? Would it then be harsh to suggest that now that she's unable to sell crack, she should get a job? 

I also don't buy into the "Oh, poor thing, she's so blind!"  If she is really that blind, she shouldn't have been an artist in the first place.  But, I don't think she's all that blind.  As for getting a job, companies get all sorts of tax breaks and incentives for hiring handicapped people, that can be very valuable in this economy to employers. Not to mention that there are several agencies that assist in helping handicapped people to get the proper training to find jobs.  If money is that important, she can try to earn it legitimately.   Transportation? The blind around here get drastically reduced or FREE bus service.  If she's so blind that she can't even leave the house, then she can collect SSI. 

If this was a legitimate way to make money, I'd have more sympathy for her.  If she was working for the company I worked for and she got fired, I'd go up against the wall for her.  But as it's been mentioned a time or two, this whole thing is illegal. 

She may have "worked" for TSR but don't let that throw your compassion out the window.

I have absolutely no compassion for her whatsoever.  I save my compassion for people who deserve it, not for someone who was getting illegally paid for something.  Yeah, little pixels isn't the same as selling drugs, but still, an illegal source of income is still an illegal source of income.

And to be honest? That whole, "But...but... POOR ME!" sob made me roll my eyes.  That was the first time I'd ever seen that woman show she had a heart, and it was all in sympathy for HERSELF.  Every interaction I saw her make on TSR, she was bitchy, rude, and arrogant.  She stole stuff from people and claimed it to be her own, she made disparaging remarks to folks who were lower in rank than her, she was an all-around bitch.  She might have been nicer to her fellow FA's in the forum, but the face she showed all the "little people" was that of someone who had absolutely no heart at all. 

I'm not wishing her any ill.  But I really don't see why I should show someone compassion because she lost an illegal source of income.  If she really needs help coping with the world because of her vision problems, then she needs to reach out for help from her community.  If she lived near me, I could get her a job in five seconds where I work.  We're always looking.  It's legal, honest, work and unless she is completely blind, she can do it.  Of course, it's also tiring, dirty work and not nearly as fun as sitting at a desk playing with Photoshop.   It's probably not as much fun as many other illegal ways of making money. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: 2008 November 25, 03:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, BlackDwarf. I read your whole post and you do have some valid points. You just seem to have such hatred in you for this woman. I don't understand that- not one bit. Yes, I realize that TSR shouldn't be charging for cc. Yes, I understand that it's against the EULA. But, to deny someone an ounce of compassion because of that? I just don't get it. I'm not saying anyone should cry her a river, mind you.
I'm gonna make this short and sweet and tell you WHY I don't get it- instead of drawing this out into a long debate: I was sexually abused as a child. The abuser developed kidney disease, had a transplant, it was rejected- he died a horrible death. Even though he was a nasty man and I hated him, I felt sorry for him. I was capable of feeling at least an ounce of compassion. Why? Because I'm human and I have a heart. Even though I never forgave that man for what he did to me and I'll never forget it, I could still find it in my heart to feel some compassion for him. If I can do that, surely anyone can feel some for a person who sold pixels for a living. It's just pixels- not someone's health and well-being.

Something that really bothers me? I've read alot of outraged comments about Thoma$$ not having any compassion for someone who had a brain tumor. Yet, it seems to be perfectly OK for someone/everyone/everybody besides Thoma$$ to not have any compassion for this woman.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: 2008 November 25, 03:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can say "What goes around comes around." and "Tough shit but it's expected/unavoidable seeing the situation." without hating someone. Also, partail blindness can recieve compassion from me, as I have a deaf boyfriend and it's not an easy handicap to loose one of your 5 senses,  but it's loose from the fact that she was selling things illegally.

Also Mustluvcats, going through to what you went through and still being a pleasant person as you are? Respect!

But anything done to you by that SOB is huge in comparison to what Raveena has done to some people, and someone being pissed off at her should not be a big enough deal to worry about hate. I think the example you give is very hard to attain for people in the same situation, and that's the reason you gave the example, but it feels like overkill in this situation with Raveena.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 25, 03:53:00 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: