PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 04:13:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 29 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074545 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1155 on: 2008 October 15, 22:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you let yourselves believe in something without writing.  You also didn't try to lie about it, blame it on someone else, try and continue to con people its the case when its patently not changed, at least not in their favor.

Besides, if EA is such good pals with TSR AND the Booty was actually illegal and against the EULA, I'm sure EA would have come after us for them, right?

My issue with Thomas and co is not that they believed the EULA -had- changed in their favor - its that they fucking lied and continue to lie.  Of course, I suppose if they did ARRRR their copies of AL, they wouldn't have had to read the EULA either..... >.>

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: 2008 October 15, 22:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not so much. You see the EULA when you arrr.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1157 on: 2008 October 15, 23:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

calalily and nixy I am so sorry for the nasty and hurtful things I said to you and about you

That's okay.  Smiley

I have to say that I am very pissed off at myself.  Yes, Thomas manipulated me.  But I allowed him to do that.  I was not ready to leave TSR at the time and as far as I knew Thomas was telling me the truth.  But I did not insist on seeing it in writing, either.  I ended up looking like just as much of a schmuck as they did and it put my reputation and my credibility on the line.  I have a horrible habit of staying in a bad situation far longer than I should.  I could really kick myself. 

Having been on the other side of the debate, I thought you were very nice about your own disagreement with this side.  Many people stooped to name calling and really nasty stuff. You also didn't have your head up your arse about it, and would actually read the other argument. 

To all TSRers, former and current - it's not that we expect you to know when your friends or colleagues lie to you or manipulate you - it's when you then do it to others we have a problem (although not an insurmountable one in many cases - just an apology and ownership will do).  We can't expect TSR people to be superhuman in their abilities to predict the future, know what is legally right, and to have been on the right side all along - that is unfair.   We want all of you (barring Thomass and Atwat because I don't see that healing up anytime before the universe gets remade) to be on our side. 

As far as I can see, you tomato, Land Lubber (although I'm not quite sure if I've come across them before - but I take their apology with good grace  Smiley ) sherrie, aikea, Black Dwarf, gelydh and many others, all take ownership in what they did, have apologised where need be and have been accepted.   

In fact, I expected to be sporked over it

God I hate that word. This, I take issue with. Tongue kenmtl at least apologised. Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 October 15, 23:34:35 by calalily » Logged

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: 2008 October 15, 23:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paleo, I'm not saying this because you've made me feel sorry for you or anything like that. Grin  You're an honorable person and I like your forthcomingness (is that a word?) about your time at TSR.  I don't fault you at all for not questioning Thomas' word about the EULA--why would you have any reason at that point to suspect he was a liar?  And besides, employees or lower level staff of a business don't usually ask for proof in writing that a manager's policy is based on fact.

Wow, am I tired; I apologize if this makes no sense.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Land Lubber
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: 2008 October 15, 23:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote:
Errmmmm.........yea. I only wanna deal with people who LOVE creating and don't want a single thing for it. (not even demanding you thank them) Like I've said before, if there are all types if "don't do this or don't do that" on a file, I do NOT download. No, I would not miss those type of people at all.

Hmmm I am one of those creators
FREE, TAKE WHAT YOU WANT DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH IT
but to be honest I am so sick of all the negative and nasty feeling permeating the whole community I just feel like saying what the hell and finding a new game, a new community with an nicer attitude

this is an old quote from an old agument in an old forum the latter is me and part of me still feels the same I havent created anything to share in about 6 months I feel there needs to be another way to educate people  Huh Huh
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1160 on: 2008 October 15, 23:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are several ways to - My policies are they way they are for a reason - feel free to use stuff, but give a link to my stuff - some of it actually requires more steps to install than just putting the files in the download files, since I've done some stairs.  Otherwise, go for it, just don't charge someone money for -my- stuff.

But to educate people - there is teaching courtesy to our children, there is not downloading from people you think are negative and annoyingly possessive....I for example, don't normally download something if I can't upload it in a lot or in very rare cases, a sim.  Its too much of a pita to keep up with what's shareable and what's not.

Thanks should never be demanded, but as someone benefiting from a creation, i sure as hell try to remember to give them - it gives me a roasy feeling to get them, ergo, it gives others that same nice happy feeling.

Even fake thanks are nice, because someone didn't -have- to take their time to type out anything.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1161 on: 2008 October 15, 23:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is an old quote from an old agument in an old forum the latter is me and part of me still feels the same I havent created anything to share in about 6 months I feel there needs to be another way to educate people  Huh Huh

We wouldn't want to dragoon people into creating though - that would be wrong.  But I tell you, my experience shows that if you make something, the first and most persistent thankers and praisers are those who are against paysites.  I have innumerable nice messages and PMs from the anti-paysite folk - even those too shy PM me, or say something on the forums - you really couldn't ask for a more supportive group.

I think though that part of the reason this is so painful for people is because the community accepted it equally - you wanna pay, we'll let you.  Before, those who didn't agree with the idea of paying were the ones told to shut up. The side that felt no pain before has to feel that pain now. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: 2008 October 16, 01:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guess who I saw in a Kudos spotlight on TSR a couple hours ago? Yup. Paleo.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: 2008 October 16, 01:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? I wonder what the motivation is behind that? To coax her back or maybe look magnanimous.  Undecided

Is that from popular vote by the downloaders or nomination by the behind the scenes people? I don't know how they work.
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1164 on: 2008 October 16, 01:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? I wonder what the motivation is behind that? To coax her back or maybe look magnanimous.  Undecided

Is that from popular vote by the downloaders or nomination by the behind the scenes people? I don't know how they work.

Last I checked, you had spend you kudos points (the points you get from posting, etc) on them.  That is odd...

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1165 on: 2008 October 16, 01:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I totally bought myself a spotlight. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: 2008 October 16, 01:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you were banned? Or is it a joke I just don't understand?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1167 on: 2008 October 16, 02:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did it before I was banned and right before I posted the PM's.  I looked at the kudos I had accumulated and didn't see anything I wanted.  So, I just blew some on that.  Then I laughed.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: 2008 October 16, 02:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Diabolical and funny. A winning combination.
daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1169 on: 2008 October 16, 03:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paleo, I´m totally your fan!  Grin

Corsair: a pirate who be makin' his berth in the Med-...Medi-...that sea 'tween Spain and Africa, aye!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: