PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 07:40:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 32 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074665 times)
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1140 on: 2008 October 15, 17:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut, if you are reading this, do -not- feel obligated to post up the boring/irrelevant crap.  I personally am astonished with your patience just posting the stuff that -is- relevant, without adding in the drivel.

I agree.  I would have poked my eyeballs out already and not been able to post at all.  I wouldn't have the patience for this, I would have unceremoniously told them to fuck off and been promptly banned.  I'm more curious than concerned regarding missing posts, but if its drivel, then eh, don't need it.  My concern regarding the year, is for legal recourse for those whose info is publlished.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1141 on: 2008 October 15, 18:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut, if you are reading this, do -not- feel obligated to post up the boring/irrelevant crap.  I personally am astonished with your patience just posting the stuff that -is- relevant, without adding in the drivel.

Ditto for me as well!  I already found some of the mindless chatter and asskissing both boring and nauseating.  I don't need to see more. 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: 2008 October 15, 18:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Soggy and Sherrie. There's already enough gobbleygook within that conversation to last a lifetime. I would rather just see screenshots of incriminating things so as to prove to the sheeples that TSR is a phoney.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: 2008 October 15, 18:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as what I thought, The content manager EULA did have non-commercial taken out and I was assured that this was the new EULA.  It did seem that this was going to happen, as TSR always seemed to have a special relationship with EA/Maxis.  I am not the only one that thought the EULA was changing/had changed. 
I believe the thread at TSR I posted in regarding EULA and legality was right around the time of the thread start (September 2007). At that time, they said they had been having meetings and phone calls with EA employees and that EA was sympathetic to their cause. They didn't say anything about the game/Homecrafter/BodyShop EULA changing. They said the EULA had already changed...that the version which was clearly only for the Content Manager was the new EULA. "Our" side was not helped by Miss Misinformation of SecureROM (intentional mispelling) fame, MaxoidDrea.

Of course, my stance at this time and to this day is that meetings and phone calls mean exactly diddly. It needs to be in writing. We had communication from EA Legal during the same time period (in writing) stating that paysites were violating the EULA and that filesharing of paysite files was supported by EA (I'm paraphrasing, but pretty dead-on).

I do believe that TSR met with someone over there and that they thought they were going to get the legal go-ahead to charge for CC. However, they've never produced anything in writing (and I called them out asking for it before) and they posted blatant lies to mislead community members into support their cause.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: 2008 October 15, 18:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's explains alot.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: 2008 October 15, 18:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to thank coconut too.  He/she has done an incredible service in posting this stuff.  Especially in light of the nonsense and crapola most of those FA's are spouting.  I'm sure I wouldn't have the mental stamina to do this.

That Steve and Thomas can lie about having a new EULA irks me no end, because there's CONCRETE proof that there isn't one.  It's mindnumbing.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1146 on: 2008 October 15, 19:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is, we already knew they were capable of lying and twisting the facts.  They did it to Paleo and others.  Now we just have a lot more concrete evidence of their lying, cheating, greedy ways.  Now if you excuse me, time to make some walls and floors for a new project.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1147 on: 2008 October 15, 19:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe that TSR met with someone over there and that they thought they were going to get the legal go-ahead to charge for CC. However, they've never produced anything in writing (and I called them out asking for it before) and they posted blatant lies to mislead community members into support their cause.

I don't really that they were intentionally misleading the community about that.  To be quite honest I believe TSR believed that EA was going to produce because of the close relationship and talks they had.  Just like we thought, what we had in writing and progress members made over the phone was going to produce results for us here.  Nothing happened either way, for all intents and purposed things are about the same concerning EA as they were before either of us had any hopes.

The way I understood it, things were definitely talked about to the FA's in private.  I can dig through what I have but the Steve/Thomas were more than convinced EA was going give them what they wanted, and even wanted FA's mostly to keep it under the hood.  Again, I wouldn't put it past EA for giving them reason to believe this.  If anything they were holding back a bit to drop it like a bomb on us when it did happen.  It didn't happen though.  

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: 2008 October 15, 20:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really that they were intentionally misleading the community about that.  To be quite honest I believe TSR believed that EA was going to produce because of the close relationship and talks they had.  
The key there is tense. "TSR believed EA was going to". That's not what they told members. They were consciously deciding to state that it had already changed based on the straw man that was the Content Manager EULA. And we now have pictoral proof of Thomas coaching Tomato into the same thing. TSR ignored two old adages "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched" and "Always get it in writing." And now? They look like schmucks. Justified? Sure.

Just like we thought, what we had in writing and progress members made over the phone was going to produce results for us here.  Nothing happened either way, for all intents and purposed things are about the same concerning EA as they were before either of us had any hopes.
Yup, EA dicked out on everyone equally.

Again, I wouldn't put it past EA for giving them reason to believe this.  If anything they were holding back a bit to drop it like a bomb on us when it did happen.  It didn't happen though.  
Me either. I choose to believe the discrepancy between the contact we were getting and the contact they were getting was some sort of right hand/left hand situation over in California. Goodness knows EA does not excel at communications or logical business decisions.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: 2008 October 15, 20:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone post it here pretty please? Tongue

Inactive
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1150 on: 2008 October 15, 21:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The key there is tense. "TSR believed EA was going to". That's not what they told members. They were consciously deciding to state that it had already changed based on the straw man that was the Content Manager EULA. And we now have pictoral proof of Thomas coaching Tomato into the same thing. TSR ignored two old adages "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched" and "Always get it in writing." And now? They look like schmucks. Justified? Sure.

I have to say that I am very pissed off at myself.  Yes, Thomas manipulated me.  But I allowed him to do that.  I was not ready to leave TSR at the time and as far as I knew Thomas was telling me the truth.  But I did not insist on seeing it in writing, either.  I ended up looking like just as much of a schmuck as they did and it put my reputation and my credibility on the line.  I have a horrible habit of staying in a bad situation far longer than I should.  I could really kick myself. 

I am not posting this to gain sympathy.  In fact, I expected to be sporked over it and I was prepared to take my lumps with good humor.  I am just telling you that I take responsibility for my part of it.  I allowed Thomas to do that.  I could have said no.  I could have insisted on proof.  I was too willing to sell my reputation for his approval. 
« Last Edit: 2008 October 15, 22:03:12 by tomato » Logged

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Land Lubber
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: 2008 October 15, 21:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I allowed Thomas to do that.  I could have said no.  I could have insisted on proof.  I was too willing to sell my reputation

you and me both, you and me both   Angry Angry who am I angry at? myself mainly for beleiving the lying witch who shall rename nameless but about 15 months ago I counted her as my freind and went into battle for her in various forums  Sad Sad calalily and nixy I am so sorry for the nasty and hurtful things I said to you and about you
« Last Edit: 2008 October 15, 22:13:00 by Land Lubber » Logged
Sinthe
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: 2008 October 15, 22:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We all make mistakes, darlin'. And, y'know, I personally can't blame you if you weren't 100% aware of what was going on. You're supposed to believe that the people running the site are good people who wouldn't fuck you over as soon as soon as look at you, right? I think there's some cognitive dissonance playing around here, because you can tell that there's something rotten in the state of T$R, but they're not supposed to do that.

I honestly think it's more important that you defected. What you DO have can hurt them. So, do what you can to rectify your mistakes.  Grin

ILU, Coconut!
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: 2008 October 15, 22:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* pickles brings out the sporks

DEATH TO CALALILY TOMATO!

Grin

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: 2008 October 15, 22:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tie down the tomato!  Tongue
If she is into that freaky shit.

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »