PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 18:35:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 588735 times)
Ink
Landlubber

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #915 on: 2007 June 17, 14:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Simo"
WTF??! OpenHouseJack is SA in TSR!!! I've never read about that in the TSR news, and his name is not on the SA list? Couldn't he get enough money from his blood-sucking site??
Link: http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/openhousejack/

Why is that not surprising?
A match made in paysite heaven  :roll:
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: 2007 June 17, 15:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "obscurity"
Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"
If it is the same set as featured today, they are subscriber only. OR at least if you filter by "subscriber" they show up as one of the 6 or so sets available. They have the little "file and red x" on them if you are not a subscriber.

Is this the same set? The second one on the second row? If so, she might have thought they would keep their word, but it looks like you have to have a sub to get them...

[image]

She says in her blog they might show up as subscriber only for the first 24 hours  Tongue

And during that 24 hours a lot of TSR subscribers will probably buy it  :roll:  Just TSR being stingy again.

ROFL at OHJ.  :lol: TSR can keep him

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: 2007 June 17, 16:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm... Gelydh's stuff is now sub-only. Didn't it use to be free?

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
porcelainwhisper
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: 2007 June 17, 16:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded some of Gelydh's stuff about two days ago... and it was free then. Just checked again and it seems to be free still...

*no longer just lurking*
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: 2007 June 17, 16:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aaah ok. duh me! You are right. there was a reason I couldn't download it.  :oops:

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #920 on: 2007 June 17, 16:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Simo"
WTF??! OpenHouseJack is SA in TSR!!! I've never read about that in the TSR news, and his name is not on the SA list? Couldn't he get enough money from his blood-sucking site??
Link: http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/openhousejack/

Um OHJ has been an SA for a while. And his site shows up as bandwith exceeded pretty often so looks like he either isn't making money to pay the bill or he's spending it elsewhere

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: 2007 June 17, 16:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"

Um OHJ has been an SA for a while. And his site shows up as bandwith exceeded pretty often so looks like he either isn't making money to pay the bill or he's spending it elsewhere

Oh we know what he's spending his money on. One guess...

~Paden
Lilith
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: 2007 June 18, 02:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My main thing with TSR is that no one should have to go to extreme lengths to remove their own work.  Editing and removing your own creations should have been an option at TSR from day one.  I don't do much creating myself but I do have some lots and skins up on TSR and I wish I had the option to remove them if I chose.  I would rather have the lots exclusively up on my own site or another site where I can have more control over the display pictures etc.  I also wish I'd known when I uploaded them what I know now about how TSR operates.

I used to have a subscription but it was just too hard to find what I wanted without wading through so much that I didn't want that it wasn't worth it.  I'm not using cc right now because my main computer died and my laptop had a small hard drive with no room for sims creations (missing my custom content a lot but at least i can play) but I realize that what I was using was things from free sites other than a few tsr things.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to TSR if EA does something about pay sites.  Maybe it would help them move into some sort of positive direction but then again I think they may be too far gone to change.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #923 on: 2007 June 18, 02:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone tell me who i am suppose to contact at EA & how? The reply i received from EA on my complaint came from a Tech support person. I think i sent my complaint to the wrong department.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #924 on: 2007 June 18, 16:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd contact Customer Support, or if all else fails, write/call EA Legal:

Electronic Arts Inc.
Privacy Policy Administrator
Att: Legal Dept
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065
United States      

Phone Number 650-628-1393
Fax Number 650-628-1422

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #925 on: 2007 June 18, 17:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent 2 tickets in, I sent the first one to: Rules and Policies -
Terms of Service on 05/25/2007. I recieved no reply

so I sent another one to Game Features and Information -
Items and Inventory, on  05/30/2007, it was a copy and paste of my last letter, and they replied that they would pass my complaint  on, and confirmed that the site (tsr) was in breach of the EULA.  I have a  screenshot of my full reply on my site. The person that replied and passed on my complaint was GM Spada, and it was wherever he passed it to that got my creations removed.

If you wish, you may quote my reply from GM spada, which was sent to me 06/01/2007 10:37 AM  and quote my personal ticket number I got that reply on  070530-005824 and ask him personally to forward your complaint to the same place where he forwarded mine, also be sure to emphasize the fact that these files are hosted against your wishes, on a paysite, and that they were created using EA tools, ie: bodyshop, homecrafter and are pakaged using  their .package/.sims2pack format .

Hope this helps  Cheesy

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Paysitesfan
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: 2007 June 18, 19:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to ruin your party, but I noticed your stuff was removed from TSR long ago Sherrie, like 2 months ago  :wink:
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #927 on: 2007 June 18, 19:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Paysitesfan"
Not to ruin your party, but I noticed your stuff was removed from TSR long ago Sherrie, like 2 months ago  :wink:

sorry freak, keep telling yourself and your buddies that if it makes you feel better, my items were there both before and after I sent the mail to EA, I linked to the pages that contained them, so why dont go count your downloads and see if you've  made enough cash to buy yourself some toilet paper to wipe your face with yet.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #928 on: 2007 June 18, 20:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I can back Sherrie up on that, as I have been keeping an eye on her stuff, knowing she had this complaint in the works.

Now stop pissing on our cornflakes and go back under the bridge you crawled out from, 'kay?

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Paysitesfan
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: 2007 June 18, 20:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I'm sorry to burst this bubble Sherrie, but I've actually kept an eye on your creations there since this whole hostage situation started, and I noticed they were removed much sooner then you're stating, somewhere around mid-May

EDIT: Do you really think EA would even care about one person's creations on any other site then the Exchange? I mean come on, your creations were even free for everyone to download - what exactly would they have reacted upon? You're saying it's ok to host other artist's creations here, but not yours elsewhere
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: