PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 03:59:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I think I've figured something out...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I think I've figured something out...  (Read 9074 times)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
I think I've figured something out...
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 23, 17:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dietofworms"
...Why go to the trouble of fattening up the cash cow now? ...

Greed? I can easily see him grabbing as much as he can WHILE he can.

As far as bringing all the twats on board, I think that's just TSR making up for lost  creative talent (like windkeeper). They DO need to justify charging for their crap. Honestly, how many times can atwa recolor shtinky's Arizona set before people realize they're getting screwed.

It just makes sense than that Thomas would approach the twats.  And being the who they are, they were willing to whore themselves for him. That's what whores do. No big surprise there.  

Either way, I hope you're suspicions are wrong DOW, otherwise I'll be using these game disks as coasters at my next "Fuck you EA and TSR" costume party.
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 23, 18:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

since S3 is coming out in about a year (?), it looks more like TSR is trying its best to ride the gravy train for as long as it can and drain that milk (cash) cow before the 'end' of Sims2

in all probability, EA will do NOTHING about paysites (why rock the boat so to speak if S3 is only a year away) and if anything, I could see a stricter EULA enforced for S3

after all, S2 will go the way of S1 (become a minor obscure thing) after S3 is released
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 23, 19:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny you mention this because at TSR there is a thread about a conference call between Steve Bonham and 2 execs at EA concerning TSR FA custom content being uploaded to the Exchange. It is evidently under investigation by EA and they have removed some of the custom sims due to this investigation. I will try to find it, someone else may know where it is. I looked yesterday and couldn't come across it again.

There ws one, one of the outcomes was that all TSR content will be removed from the Exchange.

What? WTF? When did this happen? That's it. I'm gonna go upload a ton of TSR pay stuff right now.  :evil:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 23, 20:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have to echo Requip.  Why TSR stuff and not Peggy's?  Why TSR stuff and not stuff from free sites?

Let WTF reverberate throughout the canyons of...ah, shit, lost my poetic, um...crap.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 23, 20:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "JFederated"
Have to echo Requip.  Why TSR stuff and not Peggy's?  Why TSR stuff and not stuff from free sites?

Let WTF reverberate throughout the canyons of...ah, shit, lost my poetic, um...crap.

Very simply, Peggy is one creator.  How many FAs and whatevers do they have at TSR?  A lot of the creators were pitching a fit with EA about it and Steve Bonham.  The rest you know...

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 23, 20:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The rest you know

Errrmmmmmm.........no, I don't. That's what I was asking........WHEN did EA remove TSR things from the Exchange? Musta been a long time ago?

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 23, 20:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the difference between uploading to the Exchange and stuff in the Booty?  Third partyism?

The whole thing sounds suspect.  A mysterious fragment of conversation floated out to either appease some TSR/FA flailing or to stir shit.  And the Bonham guy used to work for Maxis, didn't he?  Had a simpage and all (please someone correct me on this).  So they put him out there 'conference calling' to EA...bleh.  Has a stinkiness about it.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 24, 04:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Designated Agent to Receive Notifications of Claimed Copyright Infringement, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(c):

Steve Bené, Esq.
VP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
Electronic Arts Inc.
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065
phone: 650-628-1500
fax: 650-628-1422
email: copyright@ea.com

This agent is authorized to receive notifications sent to Electronic Arts Inc. and all of its subsidiaries and divisions, including but not limited to: Maxis, Origin, Westwood, EA.com, Pogo Corporation, Black Box Games and Electronic Arts Europe.

I think we should all start calling this person listed above to give our complaints too about TSR & other sites breaking the EULA & Copyrights of EA.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 July 24, 05:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember that when The Sims 2 came out, they vaguely said that custom content wasn't really "supported".  Either way, it would be terribly dumb to back TSR, simply because if they DID do that, they'd need to screen items and put only quality stuff out there.  Okay fine, deciding on quality clothing may be a bit out of EAxis' league, but for hairs and other meshes?  They'd have to make sure the items are at a certain level in terms of quality, they'd have to make sure they work in peoples' games...or don't they?  How could they not?

What happens when people then subscribe and download from the newly-backed-by-EA-TSR only to discover the items are crappy?  That the "new" FA PeggySims has uploaded a crapload of gappy hairs and Atwa has made a shitload of literally blinding recolours?  Can they get compensated for wasting their money?  Who takes the fall, EA or TSR?  They could say that because of EA, they subscribed to TSR and got crappy items or items that crashed their game or did this or that.

You can't leave it up to TSR to screen them, since they really do a shitty job as it is.  The fact that ChazDeshits is even existing on that site is mind-boggling.

I have also been informed by the manager of content submissions at TSR that FA's "creations" are NOT screened.  FAs just upload whatever they want and set the date for when they want it to be released, but they're not screened by anyone currently to check whether or not they abide by the "commoners' submissions" standards.

I'm probably making no sense since I'm running on lack of sleep, but all I'm saying is that if they backed TSR and made some kind of deal with them, they'd have to regulate the site and its content, don't they?

I should sleep soon..

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 July 24, 05:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "WB"
I think we should all start calling this person listed above to give our complaints too about TSR & other sites breaking the EULA & Copyrights of EA.

Just did that (emailed). Thanks for the information WB.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 24, 10:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone give me the link to the information that TSR's stuff is being taken down from the exchange? I just searched the exchange and couldn't find it. I was once again told today that no paysite or freesite for that matter is getting a licensing agreement so I'd like to call legal again tomorrow and ask them what that is all about? Why are users being forced to take down pay items from TSR. But I need a link because as Hec and Nouk knows they'll ask me for one.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 24, 12:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
Could someone give me the link to the information that TSR's stuff is being taken down from the exchange? I just searched the exchange and couldn't find it. I was once again told today that no paysite or freesite for that matter is getting a licensing agreement so I'd like to call legal again tomorrow and ask them what that is all about? Why are users being forced to take down pay items from TSR. But I need a link because as Hec and Nouk knows they'll ask me for one.

Di, I have no idea for a link on this, but I went onto the Exchange and searched for stuff...and there is hardly anything there.

Hopefully this is just EA cleaning up the Exchange....but...

There is hardly any pay items there. Here's a list of the words I searched for next to how many results in the Sims section there is. I also searched in the Objects and Lots area for TSR and creators at TSR, and there was 0 results...

Out of 24,951 sims in the Sim section on the Exchange -

TSR - 266
Thesimsresource - 96
Chazdesigns - 46
Aikea - 12
Sunair - 147
Confide - 78
Sophel21 - 2
atwa - 0
elmazzz - 2
evi - 1,373
lianaa - 4
marko - 18
neptunesuzy - 6
xandher - 10
windkeeper - 7

Raon - 363
Peggy - 3,642
Peggysims - 2,199
Raonsims - 275
Rose - 1,002

donation - 833
pay - 365
subscription - 10

I am going to do the same searchs tomorrow to see if their is a difference...

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 24, 12:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
I actually am the one that posted that message.  I believe that the issue was that noone was being credited appropriately for their work.  I don't believe it was a stand for/against it was mainly that others were taking credit for someone else's work.  And if I understand that whole package thing correctly, the way the Season's changed it caused a lot of issues as well.

Going back to this. The thing is if (and it's a big if) it's about credit. Why can't the FAs at TSR upload their creations to the exchange just before they're released on TSR but select the option so they're not for download there?

This would mean that they were credited on EA's system and wouldn't prevent them flogging the stuff. Or they could just make sure their name and site is on the tool tips because once in game that's the only way people are going to know who made it.

Again with the mixed signals from the EAxis. :roll:
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 24, 14:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess no one told this guy: http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/uploads.php?user_id=3648636&asset_type=sim
that he couldn't post pay stuff from TSR.  :twisted:

I must credit HysterialParoxysm for the link over in the S2C paysites thread.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 July 24, 22:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the last two days I have uploaded TSR payfiles on my sims.  They are still there and getting downloaded.  What is suppose to be happening with the TSR uploaded stuff? Deletion?

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: