PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 10:24:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Simbella: Vive la Revolution...or something like that
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simbella: Vive la Revolution...or something like that  (Read 40856 times)
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
Simbella: Vive la Revolution...or something like that
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 05, 20:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had asked for something in a WCIF thread and the member thought that since I couldnt buy it for myself at the time, they would send me a link to a site that has the pay files I was asking for.

I turned that person in to Crew and they were banned.

:shock:    wow....seems the BBS isnt the only place with mindless unthinking sheep   :shock:
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 05, 20:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do get their point. I do. I do get why they don't like the sharing of their stuff and the rules and the right to ban yaddayadda...

BUT

The way they MAKE that point with condescending bullshit and tells someone who has been there for three YEARS and has 1400 posts and has no doubt been a nice addition to their community to "just leave if you don't like it here!" that bugs the hell out of me and makes me want to share their stuff!!!

Also, banning people for mentioning SFV in PM's (without, I might add, clarifying the specific context) is just stupid and annoying as well. So much for PRIVATE messaging.

It may be because I'm actually a decent person but I would NEVER turn someone in for trying to help me via PM - no matter how misguided I might think that person was.

Furthermore, I thought everyone was exaggerating when they talked of how far people's lips were up Bella's ass in there but I stand corrected. My god, they can tease her tonsils with their tongues.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
ghengisjohn
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 05, 20:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Way for the defender to lose by comparing being banned from an internet forum to actual horrific events.

hen I thought, who gives a damn if all the jobs are gone
I'm gonna be a pirate on the river Saskatchewan!
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 05, 21:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought we were bad for going off topic.  That thread has turned into one giant hump fest.   "I LOVE YOU!" "NO I LOVE YOU MORE" *kisses*!

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Maz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 05, 21:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That whole attitude of "It's my site I can do as I please if you don't like it you can just f* off." ...I really hate that attitude.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 05, 21:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole thing in Word: http://www.zshare.net/download/simbella-forum-war-xd-docx.html

Its 56 pages because of the stupid Avvies and Siggys

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 05, 22:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Folks, I just made my exit at Simbella (I'd signed up to get a file I liked ages ago and had the oft-reported experience from hell trying to get it.)
I started it as I did, bcause there was another page or two of stupid posts about sigs and smilies....I thought they'd lost their way.

I have left them with this post:

I'm going to get this post back on topic AND get my butt banned for this, but it's worth it.

Bella and company, this is THE MOST AWFUL SIMS FORUM I'VE EVER SEEN...for several reasons:

1. A new member has to kiss enormous amounts of behind to get even a nod, no less a file. When I joined, it took a series of rather stupid PMs just to get one file...and the effort was, frankly, not worth it.

2. Guess who owns ALL the .package files...MAXIS/EA. It's very clearly a part of their End User License Agreement (EULA). Maxis/Ea encourages file sharing. I know you guys don't charge money, but let's face it....if given a choice, most people would rather pay a few bucks than suck up so much.

3. YOU ARE FILESHARERS ALREADY. You share meshes and recolors of items NOT made exclusively for this site. Shall we START with Sherry?

4.You dislike ANY dissent. That is sadly out of fashion in all but China and Cuba (and a few other random countries)....certainly NOT how a board should be run. And if that's what you want, then make that clear now. Don't advertise. Tell everyone who doesn't believe the sun rises and sets on you to leave now.

5.You advertise yourself as the 'friendliest place' in the Sims community, when in fact you are not. You are cliquish, snobby, and self-important. This board is a small fish in a big pond...not a big fish in a small pond.

6.Your massive banning sessions have resulted in MANY of your former members coming to Sims File Vault and Paysites Must Be Destroyed looking for relief....for confirmation that they're not the crazy ones. These two sites have welcomed them with open arms.

7.Your story about Linda's leaving is fishy. It smacks of Orwell's 1984.

I don't know if anyone will read this, other than the mod that is going to ban me (for 100 years? Oh please make it so! Fifty years is so wimpy.), but I MUST congratulate ALL who have spoken up about what's happening here.

I'd say it's been real, but I've barely been here. It's been awful.

Sayonara.

If only I'd signed on there with "Hecubus"....I had used an older nickname when I signed up there.

ETA: I wanted to make sure everyone saw the sig graphic that Bella is using:

That explains it all.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Druid
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 05, 23:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear to god that place makes me fucking SICK. the only reason i go there now is to check the updates... I think i've requested like 2 things from there total, bc most of it is crap. Recolors of super high poly meshes, no thank you.

An_na was a nice person, she really was. Although, she should have been more careful after she spoke out in the filesharers thread a few weeks back. Sad Not her fault, though, that some people are fucking assholes and ratted her out for mentioning SFV (notice the context was not given) IN A PM!! They tried to justify saying no advertisments were allowed via pms.   :roll: Fucking please.

The ass kissing and aptly dubbed "hump fest" going on in that thread now are making me retch. Must...turn...eyes...away.

Yay, hecubus.
ChloroformDreams
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 05, 23:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I loved how Bella was calling all the people who spoke out against her sheep. :roll:
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 05, 23:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where's that post Hecubus? If it's supposed to be in the same thread, they vaporised it pretty quickly.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 05, 23:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW. It WAS on page 7, toward the bottom. I can see it's gone now. I am still not banned..(dammit)....but that may be coming.

Glad I c&p'd it here.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 05, 23:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yerrs - that was some damn good vitriol. Glad I read it.  

I have only signed up there because I wanted the see through floor tiles - and I copied their supposed waffle gift brush pictures and I can make my own from their pictures  Cheesy  Can't use it on sims though - too common.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 06, 00:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
WOW. It WAS on page 7, toward the bottom. I can see it's gone now. I am still not banned..(dammit)....but that may be coming.

Glad I c&p'd it here.

I felt like standing up and applauding when I read your message a few posts up. Way to go, Hecubus! Cheesy

I went back over there to see their reactions to your post, but they're acting like it never existed.  They're pulling a typical Bella - pretend it doesn't exist, and it'll all go away.  :roll:   She even admitted as much when someone called her out on it in that thread.  It's like being in a place full of little kids.

I couldn't stand their little lovefest, and it gave me a headache. :?

Edited because I repeated myself.  Simbella's killed what brain cells I had left.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 06, 00:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they will just pull any message that makes sense against them? Fucking retards... I lack words to describe how much they disgust me.

I loved your post Hecubus... Someone should repost it... and repost it... and repost it... Making sure that at least SOME people saw it Tongue

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 06, 00:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or PM it to as many members as you can before they catch you and ban you. Starting at the top of the members list by number of posts. (Skipping the obvious braindeads like *Laura*)

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: