PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 09:22:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New Paysite Alert
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Paysite Alert  (Read 38846 times)
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #165 on: 2007 May 09, 00:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My last name is usually spelled wrong.
It's even spelled wrong on my birth certificate.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
donovan
Landlubber

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #166 on: 2007 May 09, 01:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had to post this and it's in response to those of you who were named after soap opera characters:
My mother named me 'Erin Elizabeth' because she heard the mother from "The Waltons" call the names out like that and thought it sounded pretty.
It's also very frustrating to be a female and see you named constantly spelled "Aaron," the traditional masculine spelling of the name.  And also given the fact that I live in a very, very Irish Catholic neighborhood, they should really know better.  "Erin Go Braugh" indeed.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #167 on: 2007 May 09, 01:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe that anyone would be so dense to spell Erin:  Aaron.   I have seen boys with the E but never the other way around.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #168 on: 2007 May 09, 02:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "FreakyBooty"
Okay, now I have to chime in, because my name is Jennifer, pronounced the way Phelim says it.  The only time I've ever heard it pronounced the way RedLove says it, is when someone is playing around.
Anyway, I used to really like my name.  When I was born, almost 4 decades ago  Sad  it was none too common.  Now I can't go anywhere without hearing some parent shouting it.  I'm forever turning around to see who's calling me, and invariably, it's not directed at me.  Sucks.

I think its because I have a lot of hispanic friends named Jennifer for some reason. And just from being around them and their families emphasizing the NI part just became natural. Of course they call me Nee Keesha and I've never picked that up :lol:

fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #169 on: 2007 May 09, 03:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of 17 girls in my class one high school year, we had 5 Crystals, myself included, with 3 different spellings.  My dad named me, after Crystal Gail, and always told me I would grow up to have hair to my feet.   :lol:

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
pepelutivursky
Landlubber

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #170 on: 2007 May 09, 04:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "fourohfourerror"
Out of 17 girls in my class one high school year, we had 5 Crystals, myself included, with 3 different spellings.  My dad named me, after Crystal Gail, and always told me I would grow up to have hair to my feet.   :lol:

I feel you, I was named after the Waylon Jennings' song myself.
Phelim
ARR!

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #171 on: 2007 May 09, 06:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha!  I was named after a Parisian lady of loose virtue!
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #172 on: 2007 May 09, 11:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pirates Like Sapphires"

And you'd think Rebecca isn't hard but when me and my best friend were little my mum got pencil cases made for us. They were fine with mine but misspelt her name as "Rebbeccah"!!!! HOW do you manage that lol?!

Looks like they tried to combine the Biblical spelling and the modern spelling.

Rebecca being modern, Rebekah being Biblical and well, I can't explain it.  :lol:

Quote from: "Doursim"
I can't believe that anyone would be so dense to spell Erin:  Aaron.   I have seen boys with the E but never the other way around.

I grew up with a girl who was an Aaron. Never did understand it because like the rest of you Erin is a girl, but Aaron is a boy. Cheesy

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #173 on: 2007 May 09, 17:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a guy who came over from New Zealand to Jersey last week and he plays music with my parents. He's called Aaron. However, he pronounces it "Air-on" in whatever non-English language he speaks (he speaks English too, but it's not his mothertongue). People around the table called him "A-ron" and "Erin" and "Air-on" all night (the first night they met him) until someone asked him, "How is your name pronounced?" and he went all upset and wailed, "I don't know!" I loved that when my Mum told me. ^^^ I said to just call him "A-ron"; that's how we'd say it over here, and so my parents do now. But the poor bloke. I guess he never had any need to know how his name is said in English though, before he came over...but still! Not knowing how your own name is pronounced... :lol:

Oh yeah, I went to school with 5 Aarons. All in the same class, too. This was my last school; thankfully I don't have ANY Aarons at this school. For 3 years ALL my male main story characters were called Aaron--that's how bad it was! Now they're all called James. Wink They were Ash for a time too, but that's not important. ^^^ :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Cool  Cool

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #174 on: 2007 May 09, 19:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They were Ash for a time too, but that's not important. ^^^ :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Cool  Cool

I wouldn't have any clue as to why that would be. Wink

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #175 on: 2007 May 09, 21:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ash_redfern"
They were Ash for a time too, but that's not important. ^^^ :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Cool  Cool

I wouldn't have any clue as to why that would be. Wink

I know, me neither, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the guy your username is about... Cool  Cool  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Cool  :wink:

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #176 on: 2007 May 09, 21:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is hilarious for bad names. I unearthed it in the first 40 pages of the Carla Niven thread I believe:

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/index.html

:lol: Thanks so much for that link, Cazzy! I'm always having trouble with coming up names for my sims, but no more! Not with that! Mwahaha!

Seriously, I'd say the pregnancy hormones are messing up these women's brains, but some of the names are suggested by men. I can only pity those children.  :lol:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
ItsaPiratesLifeferMe
Landlubber

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #177 on: 2007 May 09, 21:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was also named after a character from a soap opera..Ashlie(I'm sure hers was spelt ashley) from The Young and the Restless. My sisters name is Rachelle pronounced Rachel and i'm pretty sure every person to ever read her name aloud has said ra-shell....I suppose that would be my mothers fault for the unique spelling though!
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #178 on: 2007 May 09, 22:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rachelle IS Rashell. It's French. And it IS Rashell! Tongue to your mum! :wink:

And Ashlie...lol, that's Ashlie Tisdale's name, isn't it?

No problem Alia, and there's a forum too. I'm on there laughing right now. ^^

ItsaPiratesLifeferMe
Landlubber

View Profile
New Paysite Alert
« Reply #179 on: 2007 May 09, 22:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol I have no idea...maybe my mother has a secret thing for the french my middle name is Jacqueline.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: