PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:32:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  2 for u thieving off of Enayla
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 2 for u thieving off of Enayla  (Read 59654 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
2 for u thieving off of Enayla
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 18, 19:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if they are indeed similair, they might have painted from the same source picture. I think they both handdraw.

Inactive
Xeon_Black
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 18, 19:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've compared both Ren's and Enayla's texture before, and I've noticed there are similiarities, though subtle. The overall torso for Enayla's and Ren's textures are different, but the arms and legs section are quite the same. Perhaps Enayla used Ren's textures merely as a base/guide for accuracy since if I'm not mistaken, 3d texturing is still something new for her. Or maybe the similiarities were just all some weird conincidence. Who knows  :?

What 2-for-u did was really low. There's nothing worse than profitting from someone's creation and going against his/her wishes. And I thought 2-for-u isn't that bad. Yeah I know, they do have donation sets, but they do make interesting meshes for free. Now it makes me wonder if their meshes are ripped off from some other creators too  :shock:
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 18, 20:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just FYI you can't get to the donation pack in question (the october 2006)  At least, I can't.  It takes me to a "you agree" page then cycles back to the donation page list.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 18, 21:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is that both Ren and Enayla use Poser to "create" their textures.  The knees and collarbone are very, very Poser like.
Lourdes
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 18, 22:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Doursim"
Just FYI you can't get to the donation pack in question (the october 2006)  At least, I can't.  It takes me to a "you agree" page then cycles back to the donation page list.

I had that happen and I just clicked on the October 2006 again and it worked.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 18, 22:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skins all look the same to me anyway.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 18, 23:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enayla's been painting for years, She doesn't need to steal textures.  :roll:

I've used both and they are not the same IMO. They may have used the same source photo though. According to Hysterical Paroxysm, Ren used the photos here: http://www.3d.sk/

I think Ren was mistaken.
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 18, 23:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Much of Enalya's painted art comes from Poser renders.  People call her on it, she denies and disappears for a while.  It's a pattern.

I think lots of her stuff is beautiful but it gets ridiculous when she does the whole "I don't own Poser" dance and then doesn't bother to change the face of her source model.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 18, 23:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:shock:

Well, I hope you're wrong, but I have no way of knowing about Poser stuff. In any case, I don't think Enayla lifted Ren's textures, I do believe 2-for-U lifted Enayla's though.
DiSparrow
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 April 19, 00:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use both Enayla and Ren skins... they are very similar, but if you look at any of Enayla's paintings you can actually see she is just making us sim skin versions of her paintings. Paintings she has been doing for years :rolls:
The 2 artists may have similar skins... but as some one that uses only those two brands of skin they look very different to me.
Tetsuo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 April 19, 01:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know about Rensims-Enaylas accusations, but in my thoughts, Enaylas very first skin sets posted at MTS2 were pretty much based in Louis. The colarbone is exactly the same.

I learnt to love and admire Enaylas digital art back my PSP times, and I was very surprised when I compared hers and Louis body skins.

I also think she used Simssis, the Glam Sims guy, eyebrows or eyebags shadows posted along a Sim at MTS2, as a base for hers. I don't think this is a sin though, however, she should have asked permission and posted the proper credits.

Funny, when you think she came from the digital art community were they are way too touchy concerning intelectual property... Some creators should remind that some players can open a suspect file in a graphics program make layers and compare them easily Wink
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 April 19, 02:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who cares who ripped off who, really? I don't see why artistry always seems to end up as a faffy masturbatorium. Who really cares? In the end, it's about as relevant to me as central Asian rainfall patterns.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Garnet
« Reply #27 on: 2007 April 19, 02:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed.  They're pretty skins and look good in my game, which I play for my own entertainment.  I really don't give a damn where they came from.

But then, that's why I love downloading from the booty so much, too; it's just STUFF.  Just a bunch of pixels, and it amuses the hell out of me to see "creators" froth at the mouth over it.
Xeon_Black
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 April 19, 02:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "rickets"
Much of Enalya's painted art comes from Poser renders.  People call her on it, she denies and disappears for a while.  It's a pattern.

I think lots of her stuff is beautiful but it gets ridiculous when she does the whole "I don't own Poser" dance and then doesn't bother to change the face of her source model.

What do you mean when you mentioned her art comes from Poser renders? Is it as in, her digital paintings were painted-on Poser pictures? That it wasn't completely hand-drawn from scratch at all? :shock: I've always admired her skill on how she could achieve almost photo-realistic art from scratch, and it'd be a hard blow for me to find out she relied on Poser instead :?

Also, where did the issue arise? Was it in CGTalk?
Zii
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 April 19, 03:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen a Poser render that hasn't come out looking terribly fake and stiff, so if Enayla's painting over them then she at least needs to be commended for being able to make it look more believable  :lol:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: