PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 00:23:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR doubles subs?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR doubles subs?  (Read 47686 times)
RayvLil
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: TSR doubles subs?
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 07, 20:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha! I feel sorry for anyone that pays 71 bucks for a year subscription with them. I once explained the whole pay Vs. Free site drama to a friend of mine who only knows about the sims by watching me play a little and she couldn't understand why people would pay Real money for pixels. I'm with her on that. My parents never would have let me buy this stuff with their money and now that I earn my own money, I can't see the point in buying sims stuff from people when there are plenty of better looking free stuff.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 07, 21:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh that's very crafty of him! Well spotted Sherrie..

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 07, 21:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, is just me or are there a lot less FA's than there used to be.  Rather than trying to make up for the losses of pay-only content with more content, they are just jacking up the prices.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Blewfield
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 07, 21:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More FA's but less quality.
I didn't notice they raised their prices. I just checked: 6 months subscription is still the same as 4 months ago, € 23.95
ravencat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 07, 21:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's called pricing yourself right out of business. At least with Peggy (like her stuff or not) you know what to expect every month, with tsr it's a gamble on which FA is going to do what and if they do anything. (Not that I agree with Peggy's greediness I'm just saying.) 

What is costing tsr so much more that they would need such a hike except greed. (Maybe the american FA's need a rise because the increase in gas prices, that trip from the kitchen to the desk where the computer sits is eating into their paychecks. Roll Eyes)
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 07, 22:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Morons. Greedy, morons, even. Cheesy

Why do i hear Snaggle Puss when reading that last part? Now i can't get him outta my head. It's all your fault Ry Cheesy

*Exit.... Stage Left!* Grin

Edited for spelling errors
« Last Edit: 2008 March 07, 22:32:29 by WB » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 07, 22:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The last time I subscribed to TSR it cost me, $10 AUS. For 2 months.
I was thinking about subscribing to fill in some gaps in the booty and now I find out it will cost me $16.45 (AUS) for 2 months?
What?

Don't forget the $1 Paypal fee and my bank's currency convertion fee (also $1) so all in all.. to download crappy CC for my game that is NOT guranteed to NOT bork up my game.. a grand total of $18.45? And if I forget to cancel it will be recurring.
Don't you guys just feel the CRIMINAL motivation behind this? TSR are thieves! honest to God thieves!

I will now freely laugh in the face of anyone that has the audacity to say that we are the criminals.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 March 07, 22:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh deelink, you should have been freely laughing in other's faces the whole time.  It is true though.  How greedy can you get? You as in Thomass, obviously. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 March 07, 23:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely the only thing I've ever done from TSR is the challenges.. those were free, and it was in a period of EXTREME boredom with my game.. With all the crap I've been watching going on I've gotten to the point that I want absolutely nothing from that site. Because even if it's free, it's kinda still tainted by being on that site in my book.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 March 08, 04:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I can't say I'm surprised.

My suspicion is that the price hike is indirectly our fault: fewer n00bz are paying for crap they can get free (as should be). Perhaps we should consider it an indication that people are wising up, and TSR's profits are dropping.

It just reeks of desperation and sneaky greed.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008 March 08, 05:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very surprised the comments on that news weren't deleted. WTF? Thy all basically say the same thing: I'm outa here, jerks!
Apparently noone is agreeing. Strange... *ironic*
All leaving the customers are fleeing the drowning ship. Thomass has sunken his boat all by himslef, without any help Tongue

Well that is not fair: anyone not in europe will have a cut of 25%. This is disgusting, all simmers should be in euro's shitty high prices Angry
Translation:
You live in europe and your country's currency is euros: you're fucked, pay a 100% of the price. Weeee!
Other country currency: only pay 75% of the price... Huh

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 March 08, 05:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Doc, I think it's the other way around.  It's almost doubled the cost in US dollars.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Huh

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 March 08, 06:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, to hell with it, blow it up! They now suck double cause of the price hike. Blow it up, I say! Or at least let the pigeons crap on them in the park...

This message brought to you courtesy of the Thomass is a Twatlover Association.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Camy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 March 08, 07:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel like smashing their heads.  Those prices are ridiculous.  I'm so glad I never subscribed to them.  When I first found them (same fucking layout), I was like, "I got to pay for this?"  My mom would even agree with me that buying "pixels" is pointless.  I'd rather buy something that I can use in real life thank you.
Jess Maree
Pedobait
ARR!

Leader of the PMBD Lesbian Militia.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 March 08, 08:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, wait, what was their reason to jack up their prices?

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: