PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 20, 07:44:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free site threating to go pay...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free site threating to go pay...  (Read 28004 times)
Liza
Landlubber

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.

View Profile
Re: Free site threating to go pay...
« Reply #30 on: 2008 May 03, 08:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about the rest of you, but I was pretty tempted to click the "translate!" button on the left to see if it would tell me what she was trying to say in English.

*You get NOTHING! You LOSE! Good DAY sir!*
rtgkbg
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 May 03, 09:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The site does suck, and I have to say that I really hate when creators advertise their sites so blatently on sites like mts2.  Here is an exerpt from a post for some dress recolors from lidiqnata:

"Hey more stuff by me-this time some teen formals Tongue
 These dresses REQUIRE MESHES!!!

Read about meshes:
 Dress #1
 Mesh by Blue at http://www.sweetsims.com/homeset.html..."

Super annoying!  If your meshes are free anyway, why not have them available in the same post, instead of making people go try to navigate your poorly built sucky website!! ??  Have a link for your site on your profile page, instead.  Arr-  walk the plank, I say! 
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 May 03, 12:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, but what the heck is she talking about? What the hell has pirate content to do with global warming?

Well, she could help fight global warming by switching off her computer and never creating sub-par content ever again...

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
CaptainChris
ARR!

Picture it, Sicily 1922....

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 May 03, 14:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell? I just went to the site for the first time, why are are the pictures so badly pixelated? Also those sims use for models, a Bushpig with lipstick comes to mind.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 May 03, 19:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just going to point out that no matter whatever the owner is saying/writing/doing and no matter what the quality of the site layout/content this is still a FREE site and a FREE creator. Maybe someone else will say a few words about the PMBD (PAYSITES Must Be Destroyed, remember?) policy concerning bashing of FREE sites and creators.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 May 03, 21:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Point taken. We should probably refrain from negative comments until we actually see a donation set. (Although in fairness this whole thread stared because she's currently threatening to cross the line into Paysite territory...)

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 May 03, 21:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just going to point out that no matter whatever the owner is saying/writing/doing and no matter what the quality of the site layout/content this is still a FREE site and a FREE creator. Maybe someone else will say a few words about the PMBD (PAYSITES Must Be Destroyed, remember?) policy concerning bashing of FREE sites and creators.

Thank you, Moune, I was just going to post that, but you beat me to it. Smiley

If the site goes pay, then you can badmouth it all you like. However, until it happens, keep it civil, mmkay?

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 May 03, 22:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moune, Alia, I don't know what came over me.. I forgot about that momentarily. Thank you.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2008 May 03, 22:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that we're so used to discussing paysites here. I am more appalled at the threat - I find that kind of extortion pretty crappy.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 May 03, 22:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that the policy is not to bash free sites, but when they turn around and slap the whole damn community in the face with, "Gimme moneis NOW or I'm gonna start a pay site," I get my back up a bit. I don't like threats. I don't like demands. And I don't like anyone who is willing to get into bed with the pay site mentality so they can support their site. If you want to start a donation drive to keep your site alive, you need to find forums to post it on, saying what the problem is and how people can help. Or, you can talk to people like Nouk and Jessica, or the dear folks over at Sublime about keeping your site alive and functioning.

Don't start to throw a fit because you're not rolling in the damn donations, because truth to tell, if you aren't well-known for quality content, people aren't going to whip out the handy dandy credit card and rack up another expenditure to keep you going, especially if you are screaming like a little kid that didn't get their Peanut Buster Parfait at the flippin Dairy Queen. Come to PMBD and lay it on the line for us, but don't slam us. Don't denigrate us. Don't say we don't care because in all honesty, there are plenty of folks here that donate to keep the free sites going, as well as helping out with our other project of filling the Booty.

If you ask one of the pirates here in a  nice manner, more than likely you will be helped out with a donation, or at the very least, options for free hosting. They will also be pointed to tutorials in case they're having problems with making textures or meshes or what not. We help. We help more than probably many others every would imagine. They still have the option of coming here and making their voices heard in an appeal for help. But screaming like a child, using a sig that is inflammatory and insulting, is just not going to get them the hand up that they need. Has any of our free hosting sites offered them help? Or have they been rejected because these people want to do it all themselves? I dunno. I do know that I call bullshit on them about their threat to turn into a pay site. I'd rather see my still living heart fed to a hyena than see another pay site crop up if there was any way we as a community could have prevented it.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2008 May 04, 03:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gimme monies NAO or I'm gonna start being a paysite.

I await your monies. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 May 04, 03:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Paden in all accounts. Like I said before, I smell exortion and pettiness. And although the site is free at the moment, behaviour like that backed up with only sub par content is the perfect recipe to be fobbed off via the plank. There ARE alternatives other than going pay, there is support out there.  Smiley

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 May 04, 04:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit, look at this crap theyre trying to lay on us!

*Points to the beards*
http://www.sosweetsims.com/male%20hair/sweetsims_sims_male_adult_hair.html

Not only do they have manners like scum sucking TSR wannabe's, but they try to guilt us into giving them cash with crummily done work that was obviously made with Paint which makes everything look terrible. .

No, I take that back, Ive seen better things at MTS2 that were done with paint. This is just insulting.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2008 May 04, 04:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a paysite yet - no more bashing freesites.

I might not like the extortion way of doing things, but we don't want to drive them to being a paysite if being a freesite gets them no respect from us.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 May 04, 07:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for diffusing the situation a bit, Moune. I was ready with my bashing-hammer until you reminded me that the site is still free, and is therefore protected from our wrath. As was stated so much more eloquently by Paden, I simply don't like being insulted or having someone tell me that I am somehow obligated to pay for their hobby, as if I'm beside myself awaiting their unknown creations.

That said, I think it's still fair to say that this person (or people) is/are behaving quite childishly and expecting a lot from the community, considering the fact that they are pretty much an unknown entity. They have apparently obtained a few donations but still haven't reached their goal, which confirms my belief that they are either paying too much for what they are getting, or trying to make a little on the side. Hopefully he/she/it will learn a little more about efficiently and cost-effectively running a site and won't be "forced" to go pay...at which point I assume the site would languish and fade away, anyway.

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: