PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 19:56:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The sheeps are at it again!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The sheeps are at it again!  (Read 42958 times)
lucy_fell
ARR!

View Profile
The sheeps are at it again!
« Reply #60 on: 2006 December 11, 10:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"
I dont see what would be so wrong with installing the game on more than one computer if they are all in ONE house....if that is against the EULA I think almost everyone is violating it...considering most people install it on their desktop AND laptop.

Agreed, as this happens in my household. Also, I'd take HP's last post seriously if it weren't for that dancing padlock smiley. The hell?
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 December 11, 11:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heared somewhere that the point of EULAs is not about the mechanical installation itself on more than one pc, but about the simultaneous use of the software.

I mean: if I have the same game/OS/whatever installed on more than one computer, BUT I can use only one of them at the time, it's legal: if you have the game on a desktop pc and on a laptop, but you play only one of them, it's ok. If another person plays on desktop pc while you are playing on laptop, is illegal.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 December 11, 12:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Marhis"
I heared somewhere that the point of EULAs is not about the mechanical installation itself on more than one pc, but about the simultaneous use of the software.

I mean: if I have the same game/OS/whatever installed on more than one computer, BUT I can use only one of them at the time, it's legal: if you have the game on a desktop pc and on a laptop, but you play only one of them, it's ok. If another person plays on desktop pc while you are playing on laptop, is illegal.

I'd imagine that the reason that would be illegal is that one of them would require a No-CD Crack to operate (unless I'm mistaken), so I think you might be correct there.
Moose
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 December 11, 14:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually once loaded, the game doesn't need the CD to play. So if you boot up the game and then take the CD out, the game should run just fine and someone else can boot up the game with the CD. Granted, this would only work between two computers close to each other, but it's still possible to run multiple games off of the same CD.
jicour
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 December 11, 17:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Denimjo"
Quote from: "Marhis"

I'd imagine that the reason that would be illegal is that one of them would require a No-CD Crack to operate (unless I'm mistaken), so I think you might be correct there.

My daughter once mentioned to someone on MTS2 that if you start the game with CD in, then pop it out, it will keep running.  True, it works. The mod on MTS2 chided that doing this could be construed as illegal.  Jesus Christ, here come the computer game police to take me out in handcuffs. There are 3 of us, we all share the same game, why the hell not? We'd be fucking morons to go and buy separate copies.

esus loves Pirates

www.sloganizer.net
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 December 11, 18:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is generally against EULAs to install a copy of software onto more than one system, period. Doesn't matter when or where the software is used.

This is one reason EULAs are basically bullshit, and have been found invalid before.

tinkrfreakenbell
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 December 11, 18:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I purchased Microsoft Office last year and it allows you to install it on 5 diffrent computers without voiding your rights or whatever.  At my house we run 2 computers that can handle the sims 2 and I use one set of games for it.  I would be dumb as a box of rocks to buy a whole other set.  :roll:
harlequingirls
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 December 11, 18:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jicour"

The mod on MTS2 chided that doing this could be construed as illegal.  Jesus Christ, here come the computer game police to take me out in handcuffs.

*angry customer mode on*
Sure thing, as long as you got the bloody CD, you bought the game after all.
Personally, I found it much more criminal that EA originally intended to disable game play when you had a perfectly fine copy of Nero Burning Rom (not sure... is it an internationally known burning software?) installed as well. At least the computer didn't shut down automatically upon detecting virtual drives, if you were so naughty to install any.
*angry customer mode off*

Quote from: "jicour"
We'd be fucking morons to go and buy separate copies.

Technically, you would qualify as a good customer - you know, those lovely beasts wearing wool, who crying BAA BAA.

*lawyer mode on*
Depending on your locale law, you're supposed to buy three copies.
*lawyer mode off*
yippee
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 December 11, 18:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

harlequingirls, i am that naughty person.  popping a cd each time someone plays on our pcs would have driven me crazy.  if mts2 is so concerned with every rules and following it, you would think they would have blown the whistle on someone in their midst. pft.

f you still like watching cartoons and think the world is a nice warm place, FUCK YOU.  fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.
Evirus
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 December 11, 19:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk"
Hysterical Paradoxysm izze cool, hmmmkay?

That's a personal opinion, she's full of herself. Allthough she does make nice FREE hairs

And I'm guessing you have to keep your pirate activities a bit on the low key to be accepted in there with HP and the rest of Delphys motley crew...
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 December 11, 20:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason I think she's cool, is because I have asked millions of dumbass questions, and never once was she bitchy or snappy. I've learnt alot from her.

And I know first hand that Delphy doesn't give a rat's ass what happens here and what any of us talk about, and he never even took action against Pescado either. No matter what others have said/screamed/moaned. So that's not true.

Inactive
Evirus
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 December 11, 20:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason I think she's cool, is because I have asked millions of dumbass questions, and never once was she bitchy or snappy. I've learnt alot from her.

And I know first hand that Delphy doesn't give a rat's ass what happens here and what any of us talk about, and he never even took action against Pescado either. No matter what others have said/screamed/moaned. So that's not true.

So they why is PMBD banned in sigs over there and all mention threads get deleted and frowned upon? Teaching morale and ethics to the chilluns and not to get destroyed by pay site owners.... otherwise known as hypocrisy... that sure speaks highly of them...

and on HystericalPAwhatever, like I said I've seen her be a total witch, and other times be a cool gal... I guess it depends on her ladies cycle
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 December 11, 21:06:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm I know for a fact he did start the board on his site that allowed others to post personal information and/or compare donators to catch the filesharers.  And I know he knew that they were using the board to try and combat the filesharers.

I know he did tell them to stop sharing personal information after a huge stink was made by me and by others who knew this information, but he didn't delete the board until after it was apparent LyricLee had taken the headquarters to her new Bitch Headquarters at Exnem Sims.
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 2006 December 11, 21:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Evirus"

So they why is PMBD banned in sigs over there and all mention threads get deleted and frowned upon? Teaching morale and ethics to the chilluns and not to get destroyed by pay site owners.... otherwise known as hypocrisy... that sure speaks highly of them...

That's a different story. They don't care if "their" users hang around here, and they don't care about what "their" users say or do here. They just don't want them to talk about it at MTS2/S2C. Which I can understand. I don't say I think it's right, but I understand.

jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 December 11, 22:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"

I know he did tell them to stop sharing personal information after a huge stink was made by me and by others who knew this information, but he didn't delete the board until after it was apparent LyricLee had taken the headquarters to her new Bitch Headquarters at Exnem Sims.

But her legacy lives on...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: