PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 13:59:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 29 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074813 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2085 on: 2008 December 07, 03:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you guys see that there was a secret posted about TSR's latest info sharing?  I am sure they loved that.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: 2008 December 07, 06:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And just because info is public doesnt mean it should be shared (especially for strictly malicious reasons as in the TSR case).  We have never condoned it here and as an example some of you might remember during the huge Batshit Crazy Jan thread when someone (I think it may have been Sparkle Plenty) posted Jan's whois info and was promptly ripped for it.  We all demanded that it be removed and even though we couldn't stand Jan we knew that ostng the info was wrong.  IIRC, that was when the FAQ had that part added.

I read that thread and that was my first exposure to this group. And yes, sharing that kind of unedited information is not smart. Thankfully the pirates have morals.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: 2008 December 07, 09:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you guys see that there was a secret posted about TSR's latest info sharing?  I am sure they loved that.

Yup, saw it. And am waiting for SimSecret to get hacked into  Cheesy Damn I'm cynical.
I don't know if it was a fellow pirate who did it, or one of our many lurkers. Either way, the community is listening - and FA's reputation is plummeting.  Grin I would feel bad if they were not so fucking vindictive with the information. But abusive phonecalls? It's the fucking SIMS. Grow up!  Roll Eyes

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
macaque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: 2008 December 07, 11:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point isn't about whether the information is available or not. The point is that regardless of who's information you're sharing this should NOT be done an a phorum where every 12 year old with a grudge can harass  someone.

Furthermore, this whole topic was just an idiotic attempt by the morons at TSR to "feed" us someone they thought we would damage. We do have moral standards and we destroy paysites not people. And by the way giving someone's personal info (even their damned phonenumber!) over the intrawebs makes you less than scum.
Still i think you're making a hen out of a feather here, any 12 year old with a grudge who can't do a whois and find the information on their own sounds pretty harmless to me.
And this information wasn't even posted in a public forum so what's the big deal?
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2089 on: 2008 December 07, 11:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still i think you're making a hen out of a feather here, any 12 year old with a grudge who can't do a whois and find the information on their own sounds pretty harmless to me.
And this information wasn't even posted in a public forum so what's the big deal?

The Big Deal is that someone had the pleasure of seeing her personal info being spread by immature people who have proven to be unscrupulous, childish and extremely good at bearing a grudge, immediatly after which ideas of threatening phone calls were being tossed around. I'd like to see how you would react to that. Maybe I wouldn't be so shocked about this if a trustworthy company had done this, behind closed doors and amongst trusted and professional staff. That sort of thing is to be expected in some cases. At TSR, however, trusted staff means children with grudges, insane bitches and generally a group of people who are one daisy short of a bouquet and take this little game way too seriously. Just because it happened behind closed doors (and I call bullshit on that too, by the way) doesn't mean the people there can be trusted. That was their defense the first time around, wasn't it? "This happened in a private forum." Nuts to that. It's wrong, plain and simple. Just because there aren't any victims (yet, and it depends how you look at it) doesn't mean it's not a crime.

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: 2008 December 07, 11:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The information is also available when you sign up as a member.  They ask for name, address etc.  Some people wouldn't give them that info but, some people do.  That info is given freely to them.  So it would be perfectly ok to use that information to out people.  Wouldn't it?  The correct answer to that is omg no by the way.  I think all the dangers of what they do have already been pointed out.  This time the information was gathered from whois, they have already done the paypal bit, what other methods are they willing to use.  We already know TSR would do anything no matter how underhand, they have no clue about morals.
macaque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: 2008 December 07, 12:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The information is also available when you sign up as a member.  They ask for name, address etc.  Some people wouldn't give them that info but, some people do.  That info is given freely to them.  So it would be perfectly ok to use that information to out people.  Wouldn't it?  The correct answer to that is omg no by the way.  I think all the dangers of what they do have already been pointed out.  This time the information was gathered from whois, they have already done the paypal bit, what other methods are they willing to use.  We already know TSR would do anything no matter how underhand, they have no clue about morals.
Speeking if lacking a clue, do you have any idea of what you're talking about? There is no "PayPal bit", the information was taken from their member database and had nothing to do with PayPal.

As with everything else having to do with paysites this has blown out of all proportions.
Not so strange considering what this site is all about but still...  Roll Eyes
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2092 on: 2008 December 07, 12:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speeking if lacking a clue, do you have any idea of what you're talking about? There is no "PayPal bit", the information was taken from their member database and had nothing to do with PayPal.

You know damn well what justso meant. Stop being purposefully obtuse. It's not cute.

As with everything else having to do with paysites this has blown out of all proportions.

Obvious TSR spy is obvious.
Riddle me this: why is the monkey on an anti-paysite forum making an ass of himself by defending paysite crimes?

PS: I pray to go you're not Belgian. Your username is jaw-droppingly offensive. It puts me on edge.

Kyna
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: 2008 December 07, 12:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible to have a very nasty grudge against someone and not be computer literate enough to do a whois.  Speaking as someone who has received harassing phone calls in the past (as part of an intensive real life/phone/internet stalking campaign by someone I knew in real life), sharing real life information like this is beyond the pale - even if said information is publicly available for those who know where to look.

If there's one leak, there's always the possibility of more leaks, and the possibility that the other people leaking aren't blurring out the sensitive information.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: 2008 December 07, 12:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually do have a clue.  The paypal bit comes about from the direct threat at the beginning of this thread in an email to share paypal details with greedy paysite owners.  The threat was actually acted on.  Yes I agree some of the names could have come from member database, but using that is also wrong.  So is that all the options of TSR doing wrong used up.  I really think there is far to much evidence of the wrong doing for any of us to be called out on it at this point.  There is no defence of the TSR to be had here or anywhere else. 
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2095 on: 2008 December 07, 12:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the big deal?

1.  TSR has been shown to be morally bankrupt.  I have no doubt they would use any personal information for nefarious purposes.

2.   It has been clearly shown that this type of behavior is an ongoing pattern.  They don't care if any harm comes from this. 

3.  The absolute glee in sharing personal information sickens me.  They are suggesting harassing phone calls.  They have suggested doing much worse in other threads.If you think they are above trying to destroy a person, you are naive. 

4.  They want to go after someone for using parts of a mesh.  Are you freaking kidding me? How many of them take parts of Maxis's meshes and use them to make money for themselves and Thomas?  The word hypocrisy mean anything to you?

5.  This is a classic slippery slope.  Let's just say for the sake of argument that this is not a big deal, in and of itself.  What is next?  How far will they go to protect their precious business?  If this gets a pass, then the next thing will be just a little bit worse.  Then people like you will say, 'Well, that is not so different than what they did to jassims. No one got upset about that.  What is the big deal?'  Then that gets a pass and so on. 

And no, this has not been blown out of proportion.  If you really think so, then just ask Pescado to get your IP addy from this site, do a whois search and post your name, address and phone number here for all of us to see.  Or have him post it in Sharkbait where you have to register to view it.  That way it won't be as 'public'.  Or hell, he can just send it to me and I will put it on my friends only journal where you have to ask permission to view it.  I am sure that will be much better. 

Oh, but wait, we don't do things like that. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: 2008 December 07, 12:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you an FA from TSR?  Cheesy Are you Thomass or Atwat? Enquiring minds want to know.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
macaque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: 2008 December 07, 13:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually do have a clue.  The paypal bit comes about from the direct threat at the beginning of this thread in an email to share paypal details with greedy paysite owners.  The threat was actually acted on.  Yes I agree some of the names could have come from member database, but using that is also wrong.  So is that all the options of TSR doing wrong used up.  I really think there is far to much evidence of the wrong doing for any of us to be called out on it at this point.  There is no defence of the TSR to be had here or anywhere else. 
That mail wasn't from TSR was it? How did we come from there to "TSR is sharing your PayPal information" ?
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: 2008 December 07, 13:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original threat ie email, was made by habitat 43.  Which at that point wasn't a TSR threat.  Birgit then turned up in the TSR secret forum giving the information to Thomas, it made it onto the TSR wall of shame list, which then made it a TSR problem.

ETA The fact is that you don't have to be a member of TSR to have your information shared by TSR.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 07, 13:18:11 by justso » Logged
macaque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: 2008 December 07, 13:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you an FA from TSR?  Cheesy Are you Thomass or Atwat? Enquiring minds want to know.

Well why don't ya ask Pescado for the IP and do a whois search?  Grin Grin (no Palemato, it don't work that way)
Sharkbait is open to everyone who registers, not the same thing as a private forum.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: