PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 20:51:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New paysite threatening to open
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New paysite threatening to open  (Read 21400 times)
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
New paysite threatening to open
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 28, 13:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But now you are doing the double talk....(you edited your first post saying that you'll only have the member section up till Sept)  so right there you are saying that you'll be pay....yeah you haven't YET that's obviously the key word.

Look it Fresh Prince...he had REALLY valid reasons for opening a paysite (and if one was going to use those then his were the best reasons) but you know what it still didn't justify him opening it up.  And in the end he went free, because he realized that it was the right thing to do.

So whatever your obligations are there's always a way around them...alternatives....

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
ElmoLovesCyclops
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 28, 14:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HA. Not these obligations. There are way better things you could be devoting your time to other than 'omfg paysites *tear* onoesss!1!1111!!!!'. I won't be charging for meshes or anything that involves the EULA either so it's not going to be illegal and therefore none of you should give a shit.

I edited my first post btw to add in things that i forgot. They weren't tacked onto the end or anything. Also i'm wondering what you classify as a REALLY valid reason. As far as i've seen absolutely nothing is a valid reason. Also what's wrong with editing posts? I'm sure that if i made one tiny spelling mistake like this 'ive' then i would receive a bunch of petty bullshit from you.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 28, 15:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You seem to want us to make a far bigger deal of you than we are prepared to make.

I remember all the stuff said about you before, and how you pulled your picture from another forum after we saw it, showing that you watch if we talk about you pretty closely, and pretty constantly.

You do want the drama, and that's why you're back here again.

As for valid reasons - I don't think that someone with a relatively good PC (enough to play the sims), money for the electricity to run it, and a purchase of the sims, leisure time enough to create and not work is truly poor, no.  Those resources enough, would bring in far more than a small paysite, with, as I hear it, little content and probably 3 purchasers.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
ElmoLovesCyclops
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 28, 15:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd actually prefer all the shit about me to stop. The only reason i come here is because i'm not the kind of person to just sit back and take it or let people slander my name.

Don't tell me what i do and don't want either. You don't know me at all as do none of you here and your assumptions are made from comments over the internet.

My mum bought my PC, my mum pays the electricity bills, i paid for the sims with my youth allowance (when i was younger and still receiving that) and as for leisure time i work and haven't updated my website in a month so clearly i don't have as much leisure time as you seem to think i do. Honestly, you've got no idea. How can people be stupid enough to crap on about shit they have no idea or facts about? Such a waste of time. *cue bitching because my mum paid for things* Woot for me, my mum loves me.

Like i said, i'm not opening a member's section because i want to earn money and be a big rich evil paysite person for you to all bullshit on about i'm doing it because i'm obligated. Sometimes it seems as if people here can't read things as they are said and always seem to have to find some hidden meaning that suits them better.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 28, 15:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THis thread has become an interesting experiment in psychology...particularly the psychology of personal investment.

I unfortunately know the story first-hand: a hobby becomes all-encompassing, people begin to rely on you, and suddenly you feel irreplaceable, or worse yet, obligated to people...and if you fail, the whole thing will crumble. And the truth is, whether you are there or not, things will continue on. And you begin to hate it, feeling like everyone's expectations surrounding this hobby is your personal responsibility. (MANY a non-profit organization has ebbed and flowed with the machinations of people like this...why do you think there are so many community theaters? )

After time, you realize that the hobby/charity/organization you were involved in is NOT meant to be joyless, and obligations go out the window.

So...I don't believe 'obligation' comes into gaming. Sure, a sense of personal responsiblity (such as doing the best cc you can do, putting your best foot forward in site design, modding competently so that items don't bork your fellow gamers' games, effectively helping others with complete tutorials, etc.), but OBLIGATION? If I'm ever obligated to anyone in this gaming community, I have bigger problems than worrying that the members of a forum are bitching about me.

Now if you owe someone money over a game, you have an obligation to pay up. But that obligation is personal, not related to the game/game cc. If you can't afford certain aspects of the game, you find other ways to make it work (free hosting sites, free FTPs, sites happy to take your work, like MTS2).

But 'obligation' in a hobby smacks of self-iimportance without an equally strong sense of joy.

I'm a pirate here - and I have a responsibility to do what I commited to do. My only obligation is to quit gracefully when it is no longer fun.

:::::climbing off my soapbox::::::

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 28, 16:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AMELIIYA:

Okay, I don't wanna slag you off because that would be wrong, so I'm going to try and say this as best I can. If you feel it's too bad, then, er, I tried.

Firstly, paying for anything to do with the game is against the EULA. You don't have to be charging for meshes; it's still game content using the frameworks by EA and the now defunct Maxis to make the game look pretty (and I've heard that naked sims wandering around w/ no furniture would be quite boring...and distracting! :wink: ). So therefore if it is related to this issue of against the EULA.

Secondly, our job is to A) get rid of paysites, B) make people aware of the wrongs of paysites, C) give people the booty goods that they can't have w/o paying because paysites are shitty, and D) stop more paysites springing up.
As of this moment, no, you are not a paysite (not an anything really; you can't deny that ^^). But the mere suggestion of it having a pay section automatically means we want to stop it happening. That is the reason for us nagging you. We want the paysite section to go away, and once it does we'll leave you be.

Thirdly, and finally (I don't have the energy to try and say any more ^^^ :wink:  Cool ) you shouldn't have an obligation to anyone over some game. If someone is forcing you, tell them you don't fucking care anymore about the game and tell them to get lost! They can make their own bloody content, mmkay?? You shouldn't need to do it for them. And if you need to get money; you have a job, ne? That should give you your job and money and whatnot. If you don't have much time on your hands, why the bloody hell are you using it to create anyway for a game you are not interested in anymore?! Go and be a young adult!!

:lol:  Cool

There!! ^^^ :wink: Did that help anyone at all or was it a waste of 10 minutes of my life?? :?

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 28, 16:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is this another one of those *-unique-* excuses?  :roll:

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 28, 16:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't going to post this as I'm not an argumentative person and it would probably end up being slandered, so in advance: this isn't meant to be rude.

ameliiya - you are the only person who actually really does care about this - we don't.

You have already expressed that part of your reasoning for creating a members section is to spite us, so you have actually brought this upon yourself.

There is no 'obligation' that makes you create a simsite...if you dont want to do it then just let go, leave it.

Or if you feel that you must share your creations then upload to MTS2 - people there wouldnt bash you for almost becoming pay - look at how Elau's site closed, no-ones had a big go at her about it at MTS2.

You obviously feel a responsability to share your creations, so share them at a free site where they can be enjoyed by more people.

And yes Sherrie, its all very -unique- on this thread....  :roll:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Bliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 28, 16:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I care about is how you actually pronounce "Ameliiya," please and thank you.
Lisa
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 28, 17:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bliss"
All I care about is how you actually pronounce "Ameliiya," please and thank you.

It's pronounced "whiner"
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 28, 17:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or attentionwhore!

(I didn't say that because I'm being nice. Really! :wink:  :lol: )

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 28, 18:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd actually prefer all the shit about me to stop. The only reason i come here is because i'm not the kind of person to just sit back and take it or let people slander my name.

Dream on.  It's called Paysites must be destroyed doofus.  We're not scared of you, or that a paysite owner might think badly of us.

And slander is when your reputation is at risk - and the only person who is at risk of slander has to have a name - I don't even think most people know your sites exists, and if they did, well, they'd be slandering Elmo and his girlfriend wouldn't they?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 28, 18:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this all is as interesting as watching two flies fuck.  It took searching for the original thread to understand what was going on.  

It reminds me of an analogy.  It's like a dog that squats on your bed to poop *while you're watching him* and you beat him up so bad he can only limp away.  He returns an hour to do the *same thing*!

Ameliiya Amelia-
By posting here, you are showing you DO care.
If you don't want to be talked about you wouldn't be reopening the site.
Telling us that you won't bother telling us your reasons for reopening the site proves they're inane.
Further more if you feel *obligated* then you are dumber than we give you credit for.
Do you really think we're that blind that we wouldn't notice you reopening your site and trying the same shit?  You could of at least pulled an Emilie and showed up with a different name.  Oh wait, you couldn't be BOTHERED.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 28, 19:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I wanna know is how are you obligated to become a paysite?

Phelim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 March 28, 19:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ElmoLovesCyclops"
Like i said, i'm not opening a member's section because i want to earn money and be a big rich evil paysite person for you to all bullshit on about i'm doing it because i'm obligated. Sometimes it seems as if people here can't read things as they are said and always seem to have to find some hidden meaning that suits them better.

Mm, yeah.  The hidden meaning I keep getting from the oft repeated refrain of "I'm obligated" is that someone is *gasp* blackmailing you!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: