PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 10:42:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  My Story as an Artist on TSR & The Inside Machinations
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My Story as an Artist on TSR & The Inside Machinations  (Read 34108 times)
deathtotsr
Landlubber

View Profile
My Story as an Artist on TSR & The Inside Machinations
« Reply #45 on: 2007 September 19, 16:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lorelei"
Netseeker, we welcome you.

We are very pro-creator here. You guys make the game more fun.

We actually use "destroy" in a tongue in cheek fashion: we actually want sites to be liberated and to go free, and will help those who ask for help.

On the other hand, if the girl from Firestarter was lurking here at PMBD, I suspect that TSR's servers would have been melted down into smoking slag puddles by now. Frankly, I would celebrate if TSR were actually destroyed, but it is the only site I feel personal animosity towards.

There have been too many tales from creators who were abused, or had their creations held for ransom. Creators who had to pay to access their own work, and who could not get it removed without getting EA to intervene. There are too many tales of "intrigue" and two-faced politicking and censorship.

TSR lies about the EULA, and lies only to keep the gravy train chugging along. TSR lies and claims we have no documentation from EA that proves that paysites are defying the EULA and engaging in illegal activities. TSR talks to Maxoids (who are no longer involved in the legality or EULA or policy of The Sims, because MAXIS is now owned by EA, thus EA's rules apply, not Maxis' rules) and since they are out of the loop and contradict each other, they only post what seems to support their claims that they have every right to use EA's tools, free toys made by pro-freesite creators, copyrighted logos / brand names / works of art / textures / photographs / characters / businesses / celebrity images / more,  and Poser (etc) meshes that belong to other people to milk money out of the gullible sheeple.

The EULA is clear. The bandwidth excuse loophole is over. No commercial profit can be made off of the Sims. To make a buck is to defy the EULA, and even IF the EULA changed, you still agreed to the base game EULA and other SP/EP EULAs. Making a profit off of EA's intellectual property, or with files that require the Sims game engine to function is VERBOTEN, and no amount of weaseling around changes that fact.

Paysites are a bloodsucking plague, and TSR is the biggest tick of them all. The fact that they abuse their creators and fuck around with earnings and ratings and other stats to avoid even sticking to their own illegal, fucked-up business model and delete / censor posts and monitor IPs and PMs and lurk over here, hoping to find someone else to punish or ban or block just makes them more clumsy and nasty than most.

Thieves! Liars! The need to be burninated with extreme prejudice. Only the most stupid site would actually bite the hand that feeds, and who is making the big bucks for TSR? Creators.

Of course, the good news is that the more desperate they get, and the worse their abuse becomes, the better we "pirates" can feel about it, because it shows that PMBD is sending them into Aspiration Failure. Sorry, can't cry too hard about that.

In fact, this calls for more rum! *shares*

But, hey, what doesn't call for rum? Rum is good! Rum for everyone!

Thank you for the welcome, much appreciated.

You are very correct about all of those illegalities and I do know of other sites that's been closed because of infringing only one of them, so I'm wondering why that place hasn't been shut down long ago? Doesn't anyone ever try to use legal means to get them shut down or to sue them? Or is Sweden a country with a legal status kind of like Switzerland and the Caymans financial status in the world? A place where you can do whatever you want and get away with it? Just wondering? That would seem to be the only answer I can come up with - that Sweden has international immunity to legal suits from other places in the world.
deathtotsr
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 September 19, 17:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
Priceless Cala!  Cheesy  Maybe we should put that on the front page.  On second thought, that sign does not include the Dread Pirate himself.

Netseeker2, I'm glad you gave us a chance, glad you posted what you did and glad that you hung around to respond.  That takes moxi.  So, I'll pass the rum along to you. *cheers*

Thank you Armywife,

No shortage of moxi here (if you knew me personally and my life story you'd know why).

But I have to say that quote that was in your signature about right to remain silent and anything I say will be twisted and used against me, should be the warning posted over at TSR because that's what happens there on a daily basis (not just to me but probably to lots of  others there as well).
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 September 19, 17:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:   It's actually there in honor of paysites and their policies.  :lol:

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
deathtotsr
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 September 19, 17:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "shinyfairylights"
I'm very sorry this happened to you, netseeker. I am glad that you are standing up for yourself, instead of backing down on this. That says a lot about you (in a good way!), and it was very smart to keep the evidence! I can't say I would have done the same, if I am upset I don't think about that sort of thing. WTG!

Thank you Shinyfairylights,

I don't normally think to keep evidence like that either, except I learned a long time ago by someone (a modern day version of a pirate if you will - a biker - because I am and always a puny little thing) when he felt the flinch of my shoulders (after he had saved my life when I was 14 - my hair was on fire and he put it out with his hands) and after talking to me see if I was alright he started to walk me back to where his buddies were congregated and they started their usual snarls and innuendos and I flinched. So he stopped me right there and turned me around to face him and bent over and looked in my eyes and said "never get scared, get mad instead".  That stayed with me all my life and so that's the way I operate. I used to do the girl thing of getting scared, cowering and crying in corners but since I found out snarling back at the scarey guys is more effective that's what I do. Then a lawyer friend of mine used the "don't get scared, get even" quote so I combined the two - now I get mad and get even but not scared.  

But to get even you need something to get even with and in this case it's evidence.  And having had a history there and knowing how they operate by deleting posts and calling the poster a liar I thought, "oh yeah liar eh? I'll show you who's lying you little bastard" and accumulated the evidence because I knew I wasn't going back as an artist (SA or not) until I got a public apology from Thomas and I know he's too proud to do that, so I knew it was just a matter of time that this was coming, so prepared for it.

I hope this message hasn't been posted a bazillion times - if it has I'm sorry - it seems that everytime I hit the submit button the cable modem goes offline...
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 September 19, 17:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
This is why no one should be paid at all - sets up a standard whereby free artists are shit on the feet of paid employees.

And we've known Thomas was a dirty thieving bastard for a while - and Atwa is lower.  :lol:

Sherrie's video will make you feel better. http://hidebehind.com/F470D3

Thomass is more like a PIMP  :twisted:  someone needs to make a paint explosion pimp suit for Thomass for the upcoming movie
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: 2007 September 19, 18:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "karu"
Quote from: "calalily"
This is why no one should be paid at all - sets up a standard whereby free artists are shit on the feet of paid employees.

And we've known Thomas was a dirty thieving bastard for a while - and Atwa is lower.  :lol:

Sherrie's video will make you feel better. http://hidebehind.com/F470D3

Thomass is more like a PIMP  :twisted:  someone needs to make a paint explosion pimp suit for Thomass for the upcoming movie

Just pick and choose some textures from Atwat's collection. I'm sure any of them will coordinate well with pimpdom.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
lollipop
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 September 19, 18:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad your here Netseeker!
We all love you and do care about you! Cheesy
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 September 19, 19:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "deathtotsr"

Thank you for the welcome, much appreciated.
Or is Sweden a country with a legal status kind of like Switzerland and the Caymans financial status in the world? A place where you can do whatever you want and get away with it? Just wondering? That would seem to be the only answer I can come up with - that Sweden has international immunity to legal suits from other places in the world.

Since I am Swedish, I am the best person to answer this, even though I am not at all an expert. But I assure you we cannot do anything we want here, and that tsr is breaking Swedish laws. As for the actual procedures, I don't know.

We are currently reforming our laws for what is happening on the internet - a big debate is going on - but that is mostly concerning file sharing - free file sharing. Which tsr is not even close to be about.

Edit:
If you're interested in what the debate is about you can check out http://piratbyran.org/ (all in Swedish, but there's some interesting links, of you can find the page Wink )
Also we have a real pirate party in Sweden that mainly have internet and privacy issues on its agenda. http://www.piratpartiet.se/international/english

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 September 19, 19:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The giant is toppling over.

Don't poke it when it's down though, it'll fart.

Inactive
Lwerszva
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 September 19, 20:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder what Swedish farts smell like?
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 September 19, 20:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lwerszva"

Believe me, not good...  :shock:

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 September 19, 20:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're as gross as American farts...trust me I've hosted several exchange students from Sweden. Love them all, they still visit me. Now I am told...I had a Russian student, ok have to share this story. Just remember you brought up the farts you and Nouk. I had a new puppy (Dobbie) and we were going somewhere. Anyway, my Russian exchange student was really attached to the puppy and didn't want him riding in the back of the truck alone, even though it was closed in. So were going along and all of a sudden she opens the little windows between the truck and woooooooooo. My daughter said, did you fart? She said no when Russian's fart is smells like roses. Then she said but the dog I believe has farted everywhere! I pulled over and that poor thing I don't know how stayed back there as long as she did. I said why didn't you let me know, so you could come up front with us? She said because the first time he farted it went everywhere, it was too late. hehehe Needless to say it was not a fart. God love her, she had a great personality. Always had me either laughing or wanting to kill her. She just attached to things really quick, and didn't want to leave. I don't know why, but she would take little things from me, nothing important. But, I'd go to look for it, and she would have it wrapped like a piece of gold, she said so she could take part of me back to Russia with her. I would take it back and tell her you can't do that, and she'd do it again and again. I couldn't go to the airport with her because I knew she didn't want to leave, and I probably would have told her don't go. So I made my husband do it. He said it was the hardest thing he ever did.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
nohead
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 September 19, 20:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Not-Apsalar"
Since I am Swedish, I am the best person to answer this, even though I am not at all an expert. But I assure you we cannot do anything we want here, and that tsr is breaking Swedish laws. As for the actual procedures, I don't know.

What laws are you referring to and who would have any grounds for a lawsuit?
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 September 19, 20:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lutefisk, pickled herring and creamy meatballs?

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 September 19, 20:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lorelei"

Lutefisk, pickled herring and creamy meatballs?

Swedish meatballs are so good, Hakan used to make them for me from his mother's recipe. I miss him the most of all my exchange students, when he's not here. I really loved that kid like my own. His mother and brother are good people also.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: