PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 17:36:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  My Story as an Artist on TSR & The Inside Machinations
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My Story as an Artist on TSR & The Inside Machinations  (Read 34098 times)
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
My Story as an Artist on TSR & The Inside Machinations
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 19, 05:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The difference, netseeker, is that unlike TSR we are not sheeple.  You won't see posts being deleted over here.  Smiley

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 September 19, 07:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Netseeker, we welcome you.

We are very pro-creator here. You guys make the game more fun.

We actually use "destroy" in a tongue in cheek fashion: we actually want sites to be liberated and to go free, and will help those who ask for help.

On the other hand, if the girl from Firestarter was lurking here at PMBD, I suspect that TSR's servers would have been melted down into smoking slag puddles by now. Frankly, I would celebrate if TSR were actually destroyed, but it is the only site I feel personal animosity towards.

There have been too many tales from creators who were abused, or had their creations held for ransom. Creators who had to pay to access their own work, and who could not get it removed without getting EA to intervene. There are too many tales of "intrigue" and two-faced politicking and censorship.

TSR lies about the EULA, and lies only to keep the gravy train chugging along. TSR lies and claims we have no documentation from EA that proves that paysites are defying the EULA and engaging in illegal activities. TSR talks to Maxoids (who are no longer involved in the legality or EULA or policy of The Sims, because MAXIS is now owned by EA, thus EA's rules apply, not Maxis' rules) and since they are out of the loop and contradict each other, they only post what seems to support their claims that they have every right to use EA's tools, free toys made by pro-freesite creators, copyrighted logos / brand names / works of art / textures / photographs / characters / businesses / celebrity images / more,  and Poser (etc) meshes that belong to other people to milk money out of the gullible sheeple.

The EULA is clear. The bandwidth excuse loophole is over. No commercial profit can be made off of the Sims. To make a buck is to defy the EULA, and even IF the EULA changed, you still agreed to the base game EULA and other SP/EP EULAs. Making a profit off of EA's intellectual property, or with files that require the Sims game engine to function is VERBOTEN, and no amount of weaseling around changes that fact.

Paysites are a bloodsucking plague, and TSR is the biggest tick of them all. The fact that they abuse their creators and fuck around with earnings and ratings and other stats to avoid even sticking to their own illegal, fucked-up business model and delete / censor posts and monitor IPs and PMs and lurk over here, hoping to find someone else to punish or ban or block just makes them more clumsy and nasty than most.

Thieves! Liars! The need to be burninated with extreme prejudice. Only the most stupid site would actually bite the hand that feeds, and who is making the big bucks for TSR? Creators.

Of course, the good news is that the more desperate they get, and the worse their abuse becomes, the better we "pirates" can feel about it, because it shows that PMBD is sending them into Aspiration Failure. Sorry, can't cry too hard about that.

In fact, this calls for more rum! *shares*

But, hey, what doesn't call for rum? Rum is good! Rum for everyone!

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 19, 07:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Thomas/Atwa thing reminds me of a hundred mystery novels I've read in which a younger man cozies up to an older woman to get something from her. The only thing I still don't understand is, why Atwa? My only hypothesis so far is that Thomas, as a con artist, never stops conning. That's how he naturally deals with everyone, and she's prime sucker material.

watergirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 19, 08:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to say Thanks Netseeker for sharing your story with us. After reading it I don't know how you put up with it for so long. Would have be way too much drama for me.  :roll:

As you have discovered the Pirates are not as mean as everyone is lead to believe by pay site owners.  Cheesy
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 19, 10:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "deathtotsr"
Thank you so much everyone for such incredible understanding and support. I was reluctant to come here (well I guess part of that was the brainwashing I underwent by Atwa et al) but I have to say I am 100% totally impressed with all of you and all of your rationale and behaviour.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 19, 10:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Priceless Cala!  Cheesy  Maybe we should put that on the front page.  On second thought, that sign does not include the Dread Pirate himself.

Netseeker2, I'm glad you gave us a chance, glad you posted what you did and glad that you hung around to respond.  That takes moxi.  So, I'll pass the rum along to you. *cheers*

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 19, 13:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for posting netseeker. I think you did some good in yet again exposing the reasons why TSR sucks more than any other paysite. I would be glad to see them destroyed.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 September 19, 13:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"
The Thomas/Atwa thing reminds me of a hundred mystery novels I've read in which a younger man cozies up to an older woman to get something from her.

True. Taking advantage of a sad and pathetic, old and lonely, untalented spinster, who has little or no talent, just like the unfortunately untalented atwa has no talent whatsoever, shows the depths of depravity Thomas is willing to sink to in order to make a buck.

It almost makes you feel for the poor, untalented, old and decrepit, untalented thing. (But not really)
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 September 19, 14:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too want to thank you Netseeker for posting your story. It's  a motivator for our work.

I am really proud of the fact that people can come here and tell their stories, it's like a refugium.  :wink:

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 September 19, 14:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.
What a train wreck that place is.
*shakes head sadly*

Netseeker, welcome to PMBD, the pirate's haven...lol.
I'm sorry you had such a terrible go of it, but atleast now you have open eyes. TSR is and always has been, and always will be, the biggest rip-off in the sims 'community'.
Comgrats on your new status as a refugee...you'll find much nicer people here than anyone ever will at TSR.

Well, hell.
Cala FTW!

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 September 19, 14:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you believe, I actually found this on google (while trying to find the picture of atwa and tomAss together to turn him into a vampire)

How fucking fitting is that?  :lol:

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 September 19, 14:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yet another reason google is our friend.  :lol:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 September 19, 15:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One problem with that picture: We're not the Empire; we're the Rebel Alliance.

Although I suspect even Darth Vader would be pretty sick of Thomass's shit, so maybe it's still appropriate?

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 September 19, 15:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
One problem with that picture: We're not the Empire; we're the Rebel Alliance.

Although I suspect even Darth Vader would be pretty sick of Thomass's shit, so maybe it's still appropriate?

I think Darth is well and truly sick of TomAss.  Perhaps this one is more appropriate:

Visit Calalilysims

shinyfairylights
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 September 19, 16:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very sorry this happened to you, netseeker. I am glad that you are standing up for yourself, instead of backing down on this. That says a lot about you (in a good way!), and it was very smart to keep the evidence! I can't say I would have done the same, if I am upset I don't think about that sort of thing. WTG!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: