PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 18:27:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!  (Read 120089 times)
Elfen Lied
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
« Reply #225 on: 2008 July 02, 20:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So...is EA going to end up as booty now?

I don't see anything on that site I want.
Mheyin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2008 July 02, 20:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. EA crap will not be in the Booty. It's their code, they have the right to sell it, whether anyone likes it or not.

There are other places offering it for free, though.

Yo-ho, haul together,
Hoist the colors high!
Heave-ho, thieves and beggars,
Never say we die!
Pirate Jenny
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2008 July 02, 21:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pff, I can't mock it as much as I mock fan paysites (to myself - I'm new here so I haven't really had a chance to try out my tricorne mocking hat yet). Sure, most of the content is shite and EA has lost touch with it's fanbase, but it's their property to rip people off with.

Paysite supporters frequently tout the 'Artists charge for their art!' argument, but the fact is that they're scribbling over somebody else's drawing, while EA would be somewhere on the lines of one of those fancy pants art shops that sells lousy paint-sloshed triptychs at extortionate prices to clueless amateur interior designers. What I mean is - it's the fandom's fault for buying that rubbish.

That said, I was a little bit naughty. I really like the male outfits with the waistcoat and the short and spiky female hair style, and the male hair and female clipped-back hairstyles are pretty nifty too. I would have downloaded them for free. So, uh, I did.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2008 July 02, 21:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So...is EA going to end up as booty now?

I don't see anything on that site I want.

Not to be rude (I'm just a little exasperated), for the 500th time since the Sims Store opened, I don't see that happening. Mheyin got it right. We have no standing to post EA files, considering our professed motivation to liberate payfiles because they violate the EULA. We post paysite files because it is illegal to sell them in the first place. See my explanation two posts above your last one. Like I said, that's why we don't have isos of the game in the booty. Personally, I don't care if people arr the game (I do it myself, since the destruction caused by SecuRom became public knowledge) but they aren't posted here. Unless the parameters of PMBD change at some point in the future, I don't see us posting EA pay files of any kind.

And Pirate Jenny, you're right: to a certain extent, it's the sheeple's fault for being willing to gobble up all the swill that EA produces. It's almost like they're testing us, releasing more and more horrible content just to see if the customers will accept it.

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2008 July 02, 21:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do have to wonder, though: Now that EA has its own pay-to-download site, might they take a more jaundiced view of all the illegal paysites out there? Since they're, you know, in competition now? Or maybe they don't see it as competition? I don't see how it isn't, though, the only difference being that EA actually has a legal right to sell stuff...

Nope. Call me a cynic, but this is just a prelude to them legalizing paysites. Soon you will be able to download TSR and Peggy creations through the EA store. They will invite the top paysite creators to join the store. The paysite owners will be able to sell their pixels, EA will take a cut of the profits and everyone will be happy, except for the people who will have to pay for the stuff.  Angry

The only good things that will follow is that since it is an EA store, Peggy can't peddle her photoshopped gappy hairs to people. If the preview pic is not accurate/the item does not function as it is supposed to work, you'll be able to complain to EA customer service, since you bought it via their webstore. I foresee lots of screaming and gray hairs for the customer support personnel.  Wink

Also, we'll be able to kiss TSR goodbye. When the FAs there realise that they do not need Thomass & Atwat to make money, they will all start uploading straight to the EA store. Since Thomass does not create anything, he'll soon realise that his site has no FAs at all. He might start promoting SAs to FA status, but they'll just leave as well. Also, some of his best SAs (mirake, livingdeadgirl, etc.) are adamant on remaining free, so sooner or later he'll run out of both FAs and SAs. Watching TSR go down in flames will almost be worth it.... Almost.   Undecided

Pff, I can't mock it as much as I mock fan paysites (to myself - I'm new here so I haven't really had a chance to try out my tricorne mocking hat yet).

Hey, why didn't I get a special tricorne mocking hat? Are my mocking skills lacking? Wink

A new pirate! Have you read the FAQ already, Jenny? If you haven't, now would be a good time.  Smiley

(brief post high-jack...Hey, everyone. New. Read the faqs. Lurked. Throw rotten tomatoes if you must).

No tomatoes since you make sense, and you already covered everything else. I loves me some smart newbies.

Welcome aboard, PirateJenny and Theria!
The rum is to the left, the kittehs to the right and remember not to irritate Pescado. He gets a bit grumpy sometimes, and since he's the only one here with the power to smite you, you might want to keep in his good graces. Smiley

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Pirate Jenny
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2008 July 02, 21:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh. I tried to make a pink recolour or the cute female short hairstyle and it wouldn't export the textures with Bodyshop. Still, I do like that hair. The red one is pretty dyed-looking, so I might give that to my more flamboyant Sim instead of pink.

By the way, I like Maxis textures overall. I don't like a lot of their designs, but I do like my Sims to look a tad cartoonish, which I think is the look they're going for. I've bought a few Stuff Packs. I'm basically EA's bitch, aren't I?
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2008 July 02, 21:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naw, you're not the only one. Besides, even the cartoonier stuff doesn't look so bad unless you're really close up, IMO. I, like a lot of the community, tend to prefer realism, but there are always differing opinions, and that doesn't make you anyone's bitch. Wink After all, some people love shiny skintones, but there is a strong and adamant movement against it.

celligirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2008 July 02, 22:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Call me a cynic, but this is just a prelude to them legalizing paysites. Soon you will be able to download TSR and Peggy creations through the EA store...

*snip*

Hmmm. Well, I guess I'm an optimist, because I'm foreseeing a flurry of "cease and desist" letters. I wouldn't be surprised if TSR got absorbed in some way by EA, but then again, I can't imagine Thomass being happy to turn a portion of his profits over to EA. And I guess I'm an optimist in that I would think (hope?) that EA would have some standards and wouldn't want the likes of...well...of most of the pay creators out there ruining their "good" name...

I guess time will tell, huh?

A string quartet: A good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and a person who hates violins.
Theria
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2008 July 02, 22:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Call me a cynic, but this is just a prelude to them legalizing paysites. Soon you will be able to download TSR and Peggy creations through the EA store. They will invite the top paysite creators to join the store. The paysite owners will be able to sell their pixels, EA will take a cut of the profits and everyone will be happy, except for the people who will have to pay for the stuff.  Angry

The only good things that will follow is that since it is an EA store, Peggy can't peddle her photoshopped gappy hairs to people. If the preview pic is not accurate/the item does not function as it is supposed to work, you'll be able to complain to EA customer service, since you bought it via their webstore. I foresee lots of screaming and gray hairs for the customer support personnel.  Wink

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I was drunk yesterday, and I'm drunk again today (like I would do anything else with my days off but drink spiced rum and cokes). But I could've sworn that the few items I actually played around with from the store were borked. As in, didn't sit right, didn't work right, etc. If that's the case, I can see Peggy's crap being more than welcomed at the store. Or do they expect higher standards from people who don't work for them?

For fuck's sake, that whole store looks like TSR-lite to me.

No tomatoes since you make sense, and you already covered everything else. I loves me some smart newbies.

Welcome aboard, PirateJenny and Theria!
The rum is to the left, the kittehs to the right and remember not to irritate Pescado. He gets a bit grumpy sometimes, and since he's the only one here with the power to smite you, you might want to keep in his good graces. Smiley

Oh, trust me, it took a good while before I had the guts to post here. I think I'm gonna sit my ass down with one more spiced rum and coke "pirate juice", my fugly bridesmaid dress, and keep up my angry grumblings.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2008 July 02, 22:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I was drunk yesterday, and I'm drunk again today (like I would do anything else with my days off but drink spiced rum and cokes). But I could've sworn that the few items I actually played around with from the store were borked. As in, didn't sit right, didn't work right, etc. If that's the case, I can see Peggy's crap being more than welcomed at the store. Or do they expect higher standards from people who don't work for them?

It's borked?  How amusing! Cheesy
The EAxian paystuffs looked like shit, and when I was little, my mom told me not to play with shit, so I haven't touched them.  Wink
Anyways, I'm hoping the sheeple will complain about it. EAxis needs to fix it, since it's their official webstore and all. Customer support, warranties, stuff like that. They can't just peddle things like some half-assed paysite.

I don't go to the exchange, but if you see people to complain about borked EAxian paystuff, encourage them to file a complaint to customer support. After all, if they paid for it, EA needs to fix it. IMO it's just as simple as that.

Oh, trust me, it took a good while before I had the guts to post here. I think I'm gonna sit my ass down with one more spiced rum and coke "pirate juice", my fugly bridesmaid dress, and keep up my angry grumblings.
Oh, we thrive on grumpy grublings.
Theria, POST MOAR!

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2008 July 02, 22:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to second that request for moar postage, but only if you shoot one of those rum & cokes my way. Wink

Theria
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2008 July 02, 23:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's borked?  How amusing! Cheesy
The EAxian paystuffs looked like shit, and when I was little, my mom told me not to play with shit, so I haven't touched them.  Wink
Anyways, I'm hoping the sheeple will complain about it. EAxis needs to fix it, since it's their official webstore and all. Customer support, warranties, stuff like that. They can't just peddle things like some half-assed paysite.

I don't go to the exchange, but if you see people to complain about borked EAxian paystuff, encourage them to file a complaint to customer support. After all, if they paid for it, EA needs to fix it. IMO it's just as simple as that.

The borked-ness. Lemme show you it, with apologies for the craptastic computer.

Okay, so it's not so bad. Minor borkage.

Aw! Look at the cute widdle duckies! They look adorable on the table! But you know what? They'd look better on the grass BESIDE  the table.

I can has more rum now please?

I admit, it wasn't as bad as I thought, and I stopped trying to find the borked items after that (could've sworn there was at least one more, but I could be wrong. Inebriated, y'know). But still...don't put anything decorative next to the table. Although the duck face coming out of the table is kinda cute...

I'd like to second that request for moar postage, but only if you shoot one of those rum & cokes my way. Wink

Pirate juice for everyone! Cheers!

Oh, and if the pictures are annoying anyone, lemme know, and I'll link 'em instead. Unless you're link-a-phobic like me.
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2008 July 03, 00:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im sure the pictures were fine.

Do you guys really think that Eaxis will admit to making a mistake in content? Its one thing to mess up one of those random whatzit-whozits they always fix in those patches, that sounds like complicated, techno mumbo-jumbo to the little sheeples, but messing up an object like that is embarrassing.

Especially since so many free people are doin' it right, where as the Eaxis team is paid to do it right, its their job to do it right, and theyve failed.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: 2008 July 03, 00:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the ducks look good on the table.  One of them hangs off the back.  Kind of an obvious error.  What is wrong with these people.  The free community has done so much better and takes more effort.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2008 July 03, 01:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The curtain and the window are also borked but I am pretty sure that someone posted fixed versions in the thread at MATY.  They dont have diagonal meshes and one of them (cant remember which) isnt properly on its tile.  Also in the thread on the BBS (only went there cause it was liked from here and I am a curious pirate) the sheeple were complaining that the objects form the EP's contain the original dialog scripts but not the animations that go with them.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: